How do we bring back rock n roll?

Glam

make good music

Have Kevin Parker produce your album

More people need to make music from a perspective of not caring about its labels or what other people will think about it. So much of the music made today is so mentally/creatively processed such that any spontaneity that the original idea possesses is wiped out of the picture. The best creative works are surprising and unexpected and something different. That said though if something is too "far out" and not accessible by any conventional means then that kind of defeats the purpose, but either way it's not like most people with the most profound creative visions mean to go this far anyway, they often just limit themselves to the standards that have been set by the popular mindsets instead of indulging hemselves in exploring other possibilities. More aspiring artists need to set their template to something more esoteric centered and less fixated on the popular trends of today's popular music artists

no way he actually say that quote

thats some gay shit

being in a band is some fashion shit people don't make music for in real life

sure

*For fun in real life

Let Rock die already. Let Rock die in glory instead of keeping it in life support with estrogenous Pitchfork bands and retro bands with nary a single innovative bone in their body.

Bump

I don't know who that guy is but I hope he's dead.

It's not "gay" if he believed it, and I think he did. I hope one day you'll learn to love something as much as he loved his rock n roll music.

Bump

>don't make music for fun in real life
>I don't understand musicians

Different user, but making music for fun is a good thing and it should be worthwhile, but unfortunately most musicians nowadays aspire to make unimpressive rock music that doesn't push the boundaries of the genre anywhere and therefore when they make unchallenged music for fun the end result is unimpressive, thus you have bands with potential like King Grizard releasing 1000 average albums instead of actually inspiring to do something notable.

Rock n roll is still out there, u just have to find it

Cant. It died with GG.

just doesn't seem like something he would say

neither of you get it
i think music would actually advance if the musicians didn't give a shit and followed their impulses because it's fun to make stupid shit in music, cause i think people's different specific interests have to lead to unique music, and eventually someone with something to say will make something both incredible and unique

too bad most people who want to be musicians (and push their influence in the industry) wanna be in bands to become this "artist" stereotype and try to seem "serious" while only really trying to emulate shit from the artists we've learned to idolize.

Dude there's more rock music being made now than ever. It's just almost exclusively by shitty independent bands who don't know what they're doing. Back in the day A&R reps would snag up the best of the bunch, lock them into a studio all day and make them a house band somewhere all night until they were polished enough to be marketable. Of course now there's no market, so all you get are those shitty independent rock bands playing their mediocre songs written over the course of two years playing a show once a month.

rock music more like cocksucking

I'm saying like what you're saying with the "artist stereotype" thing is the mindset that influences most musicians, if not that they are this way then the fact that the things that they like and are influenced by are from those which are or are themselves products influenced by this "artist stereotype".
You are 100% absolutely totally right that if more people followed their impulses that there would be more worthwhile music, but unfortunately the problem is that in the current time period we are in most musicians' impulses come from a place that is significantly affected by the mindset of that "artist stereotype", and is something that is either overly processed or just overwhelmingly derivative. What you are saying is absolutely in the right train of thought and I'm seriously glad to hear someone other than myself think this kind of stuff but this approach just won't work for most people simply because we live in a time where most musicians' instincts are products of already existing phenomena, and the approach that these new musicians have is more often than not either an unnatural and overly processed emulation of their influences' ideas (ie much of Radiohead's stuff, which, although great, is still a thing that takes from multiple sources and culminates into a product that is less than the sum of its parts) or somethting that is overwhelmingly non-ambitious and unimpressive

Why would we?

Bump

Be original stop all this "________ revival" shit, incorporate synths and have your frontman be a great singer. Most of all blame the labels. They used make rock bands household names until late 00s. Not just pop and rap.