Post unusual alcoholic drinks/cocktails you have tried before and rate it out of 10

Post unusual alcoholic drinks/cocktails you have tried before and rate it out of 10

Hendricks' is very good. Can't rate, haven't had it in a long time.

Nothing unusual about a gin n tonic with cucumber.

Its what I'm having at the moment. Just randomly thought about what unusual recipes exist out there

What the fuck. This is disgusting.
I tried mezcal. 3/10. You won't vomit, but you could easily find something better.

You must not be into spirits very much if mezcal is a 3/10 or you're drinking the wrong... I mean you are drinking Hendricks, mid tier gin at best

You must not be into thinking, or you are doing it wrong... I mean you come in thread about opinions and tell other people their opinions are wrong, a really stupid position at best.

I didn't say your opinion was wrong, just misguided

How is that any better, or different? Still, it is nothing more than your opinion on my opinion.

So how is your 3/10 rating of mezcal any more legit than me telling you that you haven the tried good mezcal if you think it's 3/10.

And Hendricks gin is still one of the shittier gins on the market for mass production

>So how is your 3/10 rating of mezcal any more legit than me telling you that you haven the tried good mezcal if you think it's 3/10.
It is more legit because I came to a thread asking for opinions and gave my opinion on the OP's point. I didn't ask for your opinion, and I don't really care about it, or interested in it. At this point, you kinda running around, swinging it at random people.
>And Hendricks gin is still one of the shittier gins on the market for mass production
Idgaf.

Its really no more valid than me telling your opinion is wrong kid. Sorry. Just saying you probably haven't had a good quality drink in your life, enjoy those well drinks

OP here, I'm still pretty new to spirits (been drinking for only a year) so I'm just going around trying many things. If you would recommend what you find nice, that works too

And point proven, bad at thinking.
Why even ask a question if you are too retarded to understand an answer and just gonna ignore it?

Botanist gin is by far the best gin you can find at most super markets, after that you'll be searching boutique shops and spending an arm and a leg for a decent bottle of gin

sipping gin

Hey I recently started drinking gin. I love the stuff. I've been trying different brands, but someone recommend me a top tier bottle that won't break the bank

Nikolaschka

awesome/10

Not bad at thinking you're just butthurt that I didnt agree, then your opinion on my opinion then your opinion on my opinion on your opinion and somehow at the end of this you're still bitching about it but pretending like you're above me. Quit with the "obviously not a thinker" if you're gonna keep engaging you obviously aren't much of a thinker yourself :)

why the fuck are you people drinking gin?

Theres this winery up in east end Long Island Ny, Wolffers Estate, and they recently started making gin. Its a literal 10/10, absolutely perfect, and flavorful. Can drink it straight, but with some cucumber, its delectable.

Recommend that you go to a craft cocktail bar and order off menu. Ask the bartender to make you an old world or classic drink of his choice. If he's any good be will give you something good and boozy. Most bars know that people are shit drinkers so the drinks on the menu are easier to drink and are generally sweeter. You will find that the more sophisticated your palate gets the less sweet you want your drinks to be, opting more for bitter or boozy flavors.
If you can handle a proper old fashioned now, you should try a boulevardier.

3oz of vodka and crystal light with 12oz of water. 10/10 because idgaf and I had nothing else at the time.

right? Gin is only good for making one drink anyways. and hendricks is mediocre.

Forget the gin fags, vodka is the stuff.
"Finland" or something from that price category is awesome. Just don't buy something cheap, it is kinda terrible - usually made from concentrated spirits. Looses the taste.

Who cares as long as it gets you drunk

Really agree with you. Not sure how sophisticated my palate really is, but I find myself preferring bitter flavours as I get older

Gin is just flavored vodka

Now we're talking, favorite kind of scotch??

This guy isn't the average consumer

I like how whiskey just jumped onboard this thread with that one statement

oh shit that looks good

Can you even read what you are writing? It doesn't make any sense. You just disregard everything that I say because you can't, or won't, read and think about it, and instead chose to create some retarded revisionist narrative in the same thread. If you are trying to strawman someone at least do it in a place where just scrolling up will instantly prove you wrong, not in their face when all posts are still up.
Why go full retard? Why not argue like a normal person?
Ad hominem is good when it is in its place - for example me calling you retarded, because you are retarded, and therefore bad at thinking. Me being butthurt doesn't have anything to do with the point of discussion though.

Unsure if your trolling but vodka is an absolute shit spirit. Even the best vodka is right above everclear and below mass produced white rum. It's great if you just want to get drunk but if you're trying to enjoy the flavor of the spirit then vodka is shit tier.

RAYNAL 3/10

I enjoy gin tonic very much, dont know about more expensive gins because poor student fag. I liked beefeater and that east asian bomay saphire, but i would argue that the tonic is pretty important too

You are in a wrong thread. This isn't a thread about what gets you drunk. If it was though, I would prefer to go with some energy drink cocktail. If you want to get smashed - best choice IMO.

Good taste user san.
It is Caol Ila 18 y/o for me.

That Balvenie I posted is delicious. I still have some left because I save it and savor it. Glen Livet is good, Glen Fiddich, Glenmorangie, there's so many good scotches I can't list them.

Maybe you just didn't try the correct one? Not all of it tastes like shit, and not all of it tastes the same.

Lol drink Natty light faggots

You're still responding? Dude your palate is shit, you have no sense of taste. Quit riding my nuts looking for validation and learn something about the industry.

I enjoy the Islay stuff the most.

>Gin is just flavored vodka
Yep, and traps are just women with dicks.

I'm smashed right now, bruh.

Since there are whiskey fags in here I highly recommend hibiki harmony Japanese whiskey. It's pretty fucking amazing. Its hard to find but worth it.

This stuff right here.
Not very smooth, minty, full of delicious alcohol.
Rate 10/10

Moscow Mule 8/10

I'm more of the Pete Islay scotches or speyside

I am sorry, I am just fascinated with stupid people. Morbid curiosity, I think.
You just deflect in so many different ways, it is kinda funny already.

that's apples and oranges sir. Vodka and gin are made almost identically minus the botanicals

you are making it too easy.
>Men and women are made almost identically minus the dick.

This
was for (you)

Yeah I've had them too. Good stuff.

Good bourbon is good too.

Oh and cognac. A nice cognac after work, sitting with a good book...

>you will find that the more sophisticated your palate gets (like me, I'm the best, hurr-durr listen to me, my opinion, nothing else counts), you realize that the color fuchsia is the best color

You sound like a complete fucking delusional dipshit who tries so hard to sound experienced and intelligent in order to compensate for some other deficiency.

Hey, faggot? Yeah you! Get the fuck out!

That you have had drinks and like a certain drink now doesn't mean it is more "sophisticated" or that your palate has become smarter. In fact, that is a sad little urban legend spouted by foodie-wannabes the last decade. Every single study out there on taste and olfactory receptors shows that they decline over life, become less sensitive, and one of the primary reasons is an overindulgence in overflavored foods and drink. That is precisely why you need more flavor, salt, sugar, aromas, etc., just to taste something and consider that which used to taste good to you years ago now as "bland". Hint: you are not getting more sophisticated old man; your senses are becoming dulled, your ego attempts to compensate by telling you that you are better, wiser, and more sophisticated, yet your cells are dying rapidly. Sense decline over life and blasting your nose or tongue with more intense flavors makes them even duller. In fact your tongue builds up a hard coating and receptors have an even harder time of interacting with hydrophobic aromatics, especially aldehydes (which account for the largest amount of flavorings in foods).

Grow up you pompous dipshit.

not that user, but dude, you are clueless.

NIGGERS

you sound like an asshole and a dumb one at that

You mad?

wew lad
Just having a friendly talk here. Why do you have to be mad?

I am an asshole and I fucked your mom too.

Hendricks gin is awesome and not unusual. Mixing it into a cocktail like that is retarded tho.

I put it into a glass and maybe put a knot of cucumber peel in, that's it.

The botanist gin by super awesome scotch distillery Bruichladdich is really good as well.

Seems like a lot of britfags here

Jesus, you agree with this moron: What does that make you?
A moron's apprentice studying and aspiring to be a moron one day?

These two guys should get together and go bowling

Gin and vodka are for mixing. You don't drink it straight unless you're a slav or a kid looking to get blasted.

No thanks.

I would call you a fucking pussy...but I am a slav. So your point is kinda correct.

PREACH NIGGA

This shit niggers

Disagree about Hendricks but I gotta say you came in with the save on that botanist.

Martell cognac is really good for the price. More fruity less oaky than Hennessy or remy

>gin is just flavored vodka
This. Finally, an user who actually understands that all these drinks are the same to the body and absolutely no difference, save for additives to make the koolaid your favorite cover-up flavor.

Such a fucking stupid thread.

There was literally a retard on here the other day who started an Absinthe thread claiming it was a completely different buzz, and that he goes to "absinthe parties". What a fucking dumbass. That bullshit about absinthe was proven to be bullshit decades and decades ago.

Kek

Yep

Nikka coffey and nikka single malt are really good. Hibiki 12 off the market now so kind of a treat but they're 30 year whiskey is by far the best whisky I've ever had

not him, but he's clueless?
maybe look in the mirror
he is spot on m8
when you look it up, come back and apologize like a good little faggot, k?

Not Islay but I just bought a bottle of Highland Parks Sigurd.
Looking forward to drinking it.

absinthe probably had hallucinogenic qualities 100 years ago because of serious impurities and toxins. But these idiot millenials think the green fairy is real.

Before I sobered up my go to drinks were in order of preference

1)Old Fashioned w/ rye
2) Gin and Tonic( or vodka tonic)
3) Scotch, neat
4) Cuba Libre (Rum and coke with lime)
5) Mint Julep
6) Texas Margarita on the rocks
7) everything else...

Favorite beer was IPA. Turns out drinking 4+L of booze a week is bad for you.

This shit right here, nigga. Make Negronis and Americanos with it. Fucking awesome. Also try Fords Gin if you have it in your area.

I look forward to drinking your cum

Never said all that, just said gin and vodka are almost identical products if you strip it down to the process of making it

I'd like to drink an ipa out of your ass

Bert kreisher?

>you are clueless
Retard confirmed!!!

This. You'd have to drink enough absinthe to kill 10 elephants to get any hallucinogenic effects from it.

>That bullshit about absinthe was proven to be bullshit decades and decades ago.
You are either american, or a retard.
You can literally find things about absinthe on wikipedia, and I fucking dare you to provide any link that proves that all absinthe is just like normal booze.
There are some special wormwood alcaloids in legit absinthe. Not all around the world probably, but definitely in Switzerland.

Graves Grain Alcohol 190 Proof + Monster Energy Drink

edge/10

smartest post itt
itt: old dulled dumbasses pretend they got better with age and ignore science

I know a few bars that have sold that wormwood shit here in the states.

I'd like you to lick absinthe off my taint

Had a drink called "Pot of gold"

It was a mojito w cucumber, elderflower syrup and honey. 7/10

Still haven't had the 30, Harmony is what I've been able to find. One spot I know carries 30 but it's like 60usd a shot, so I'm waiting for a special occasion on that.

Shot of Kahlua in a tall glass of Dr. Pepper. It's called a Meanie Jeanie.

You wouldn't think the flavors are complementary but there's something about the doctor Pepper in the clue that makes the Kahlua taste like vanilla so you get a vanilla dr. Pepper. So good. I'd say 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

Not really unusual but Irish Car Bombs are 9/10 imo

Lol 60 a shot?? Where the hell are you, you can't even get 30 in the states its sold almost strictly to Japanese businesses now, then again this was about 4 years ago so maybe tims have changed but its like at least a couple bills

Oh boy, I forgot where I am.
Sup Forums never change.

2 oz vodka, 1 oz kahlua

Never thought I'd see my family business on Sup Forums..Grants is my mum and dads company (i.e they own Hendricks)

again, yes, absolutely clueless, as are you. just because your infantile mind cannot fathom the existence of those who don't drink to get 'smashed', rather to enjoy fine painstakingly crafted and refined by hundreds of years of tradition doesn't mean it isn't a 'thing'. he is spot on course to winning the special olympics. piss off, now kid, go enjoy your four loko somewhere else.