User, is it okay to "pretend" to be happy? I've gone through some bad times recently...

user, is it okay to "pretend" to be happy? I've gone through some bad times recently, and things get worse when I let my feelings out
>Be me
>Introverted af
>Let go someone I loved, depression begins
>Start to think about all the bad I've had and done in life
>Father passed away 7 years now, alone most my life, no one to go to for advice anymore
>Had breakdowns at work, work sends me home today because they don't want it around much longer
>Co-workers lightly tell me that I'm a weird person for not being social
>Team leader who's been there for me suggests I should see a doctor for anxiety pills
>Mother yells at me for being depressed and tells me to get over it
>Says it's my fault I have no friends and it's because Im on the internet alot
The internet had taught me a valuable lesson since the beginning that I shouldn't be my true self, and that I'm supposed to close my feelings away and be bitter and to "pretend" should I? I don't have any money for a doctor or pills, and I can't get my own home ATM, I want to though... So what should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LlAQaakSEzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

intelligent people can only pretend to be happy

But it doesn't take much to fool others

The way I see it, work hard for glory. Then sit in yo ass pamper yo self then be happy. Dont be happy all the time. It wont work

don't pretend, user; be yourself, always
what troubles you?

you can always be happy, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=LlAQaakSEzE
I wish you well (:

Maybe you deserved all the suffering and you should an hero. The job you hold and the air you breathe could go to someone who's better than you in every way.

It's related to the person I loved, they are really a great person, when they were happy they were open, kind, honest and direct, complcations came up, and he doesn't know what he wants in his life and couldn't put up with being in an environment where he didn't give back when I gave my all. I don't blame him one bit, but when you change out of nowhere and seem to push me away makes it hit a weak spot and hurt alot. In the end, I just wanna see him happy, it's all I could wish for out of that situation.

When you force those words they hold no bearings, so naturally I don't believe you
I'm wanting this, but Im having a hard time getting on my feet

If you don't face reality, your suffering will only grow. You're already bringing down your mother into your suffering and you'll accumulate more casualties because of your selfishness. At least you had the sense to let go of the person you loved and not bring him down with you.

maybe if werent the type of nigga to go on tumblr looking for naked girls to post on Sup Forums op would be better off
idk tho just my opinion haha tbh fam

that's good of you user. You should wish for your own happiness, too; I think everyone has the potential to be constantly happy (this feels like contentment without sadness)

These days I'm antisocial on purpose and just do things I enjoy.

It sounds like you both needed something else that you weren't giving eachother; you deserve someone who gives as much as you do. I wish you'll be happy, too.

>The internet had taught me a valuable lesson since the beginning that I shouldn't be my true self, and that I'm supposed to close my feelings away and be bitter and to "pretend" should I? I don't have any money for a doctor or pills, and I can't get my own home ATM, I want to though... So what should I do?
That's wrong.
You shouldn't give a fuck what others think or tell. Be as you like.
Just do things that you like, enjoy and make you happy and you will be happy too.

Overtime I'm sure I'll be back to my old self and forget an important person who I had good times with, but what about being antisocial? I can't change that and I honestly don't want to
Thanks
I want to grr
This is correct, I knew what he wanted but I can't fullfill it, I wish I could have because he's someone I'd stick around with for life if I was just his friend
That's the old me, I used to do that, the only thing I felt was missing that I didn't know about was a companion, he came along, and it didn't end too well, but I loved the times we had

>That's the old me, I used to do that, the only thing I felt was missing that I didn't know about was a companion, he came along, and it didn't end too well, but I loved the times we had
Shit happens. There's nothing bad about that.
You had a good time, that what matters.

I have had major depressive disorder since I was 7, mixed with severe anxiety. Been dealing with it for 20 years now. People who don't have it can't possibly understand how shitty these circumstances are. The best thing you can do is shake things up in your life and find something to make you happy. Like, if you don't like your job, go to college and get a degree in something you enjoy. Or smoke weed. I'm doing both and am doing mych better than I was. Remember that you can change things for yourself, make them better, no matter how bad they might seem

you'll find someone new when you're ready for them to be a part of your life, who fulfills everything you could ever dream of (: so focus on yourself, and on finding the right person. Don't think about your ex until after you've moved on, or it'll just hurt; if he's someone worth having as a friend in your life, he will understand that you needed time. If he rejects your friendship later on, then that's a sign that he hasn't grown up yet, even though you have.

Yeah. I'll take the time to get back on track, and try to accept that when things happen they just... Happen. No matter how close you think you are to the goal
Thank you, I've been thinking about going out more and doing some walks and such

Go for it, you can do it man. I know how incredibly difficult it can be to realize this, but you've got this. Difficult experiences and depression build up resilience to the shit that would devastate others. On the worst days, just push through and know it will get better. As one of my favorite musicians put it "Just hold it together and try to remember that you're still alive."

I'll take my time on myself first, wanna do some goals and get myself on a nice ground to sit on.
I still someday want someone to love yeah :x

Listening to some Joji Miller alot today, it helps and I love the tunes he puts out

Denial. You wont be happy till you accept fucking idiot

me too. I really want to believe that there's someone out there for everyone.
I just don't know her yet. I wish to, and I wish that you find who you're looking for also.

Music can be so fucking helpful for this shit. It can really get you through the bad times and I can honestly say it's saved my life a few times

The other thread suddenly died before I got to ask so I feel like this is the next best place without creating an entirely new thread.

My girlfriend recently came out to me about being a scat lover. She wants me to shit on her when we have sex, but I'm not really sure if I should. Not only do I kinda find it gross, but I usually have incredibly wet taco bell shits or machine gun chicken shitlets. I fear that if I say I'm not interested in scatplay with her, she'll turn it around and stop accommodating my fetish, or worse, be insulted. On the other hand, I don't have the soft serve shit she may like, so even if I do shit on her she may be grossed out instead of turned on.

What should I do? Should I start eating bread?

your parents are ignorant. just try and see it through, stay strong and if you have to reach out to what friends you have in the past. ive been in a position youre in but not on the scale that youre at, but someone will find you and help you. you arent alone out there. just wait. waiting is always the worst part but it gives the best rewards.

You shouldn't be forced by someone to do something you don't like. If doing that's more important to her than your happiness, that's at least slightly toxic.

she totally isn't into just one kind, user: she'll love what you have!

>^unrelated