What is the appeal of big mansions? Why do people aspire to live in them?

What is the appeal of big mansions? Why do people aspire to live in them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hL1ELBfsWkY
youtube.com/watch?v=LzRtPMDZXJs
youtube.com/watch?v=8Azx_MnlSBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Big House for big ass families m8.

If you're doing well then spread your genes far and wide.

this, trump knows whats up

So 3-4 generations are supposed to live under one roof?

Never quite understood it myself. Even if money were no object and i could design my perfect dream home, it would probably be 1/2 to 1/3 that size. I'm quite cozy living in a relatively small home or even apartment.

Dad was a millionaire. Grew up in a big mansion in the middle of nowhere in rural Michigan.

Honestly it's overrated. We were only a 4 person family, and a ton of the stuff in the house was custom(custom audio system, indoor pool and jacuzzi, home theater, etc), and it just became a maintenance nightmare, and the utility of it was pretty much to serve as a flashy symbol of wealth when guests came over. Parents divorced when I was 12, dad still lives in the house alone, pretty sure he loves it more than my brother and I.

I'd much rather live in a small/medium sized, very well designed home close to a city.

MUH DIK

Bigger is better

Why would anyone need so much floor space? I'm sure it's primarily occupied by full-time servants...

If you could tap the biggest maple tree,and get the most syrup,wouldn't you?

1 generation with multiple wives m8.

You think they wouldn't fight? Wouldn't it be better to have many medium-sized houses for each wife?

If the house is big enough they won't ever have to come in contact with eachother

>Grew up in a big mansion in the middle of nowhere in rural Michigan.

Perhaps you would like it better if it was located closer or inside a big city?

nah nigga gotta find the good ones.

also you could have 1 wife and have like 1 kid every year and it fills up fast.

I'd get one if I was really rich, I mean no one really needs a ferrari either but I'd sure like having one.

Not really. Maybe I'm a bad person to ask, since I grew up in a huge house and it was pretty much all normal to me, but I've since lived in regular sized houses, apartments, etc and I like it better.

Don't know how you'd feel if you were a poor/middle class person who became wealthy and got one. Probably different.

youtube.com/watch?v=hL1ELBfsWkY

great pussies=Big house
Welcome to reality

>Why would anyone need so much floor space? I'm sure it's primarily occupied by full-time servants...

To create jobs

So you don't have to be in the same room as your spoiled kids and gold digger wife

Anything over three bedrooms is degenerate. I slept in the same room as my brothers and so did my sisters.

Thats degenerate

I would much rather have a smaller house and a big garden

Stfu pussy

Ferraris and Lambos are completely useless vehicles: a little pothole can completely obliterate their suspension, you can't even utilize 10% of their performance potential on city streets, poorfags are going to get mad when they see you etc etc.

did you fuck them?

daily reminder this guy almost went bankrupt cause Trump was angry that he couldn't sleep in his penthouse room because of this guy's fucking neon sign

All I need is Three Bedrooms in a Good Neighborhood, I don't need no Big House.

My brothers? I'm from Spain, not the Netherlands. My sisters slept in another bedroom.

confirmed to live in a shithole with speed limits lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=LzRtPMDZXJs
speaking of Trump and penthouses.

I don't understand this. It's a huge house made out of compressed particle boards. Ok, if you got mad $$$ burning a hole in your pocket why not build a house out of reinforced concrete poured on site?
No shit, Heinrich.

so avoid the potholes during the day, dont drive at night

>So 3-4 generations are supposed to live under one roof?

That was normal in the west until recently and it's still normal in most of the world. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you're willing to expand the house instead of cramming people in like illegals do.

Oh I thought you Spanish were like the Mexicans.

he sells timeshares. its the cheapest but showiest shit you can buy.

>poorfags are going to get mad when they see you
Isn't that a plus?

That pool is way too close to the house lol. Mcmansion confirmed

If being in danger of getting mugged/stabbed/shot and having your property vandalized is a plus then yes.

They have so much money they dont know what to do with it.
It's primary showing off and boredom with what's normal.

I'd rather have a much smaller, ridiculously fancy house.

Like all the walls can rotate or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Azx_MnlSBI

Big house? As a second home with winery, yes. For primary residence, I'd live in a penthouse and have a boat slip at a marina near condominium.

>ywn live in trump tower

Whats the reason behinde these,like my cousin baught a 500+ m2 super villa from an old lady and they are only 4. Keep in mind
they had a 200 m one in a nice nighborhood. Do you have an idea why ?

I think there's something appealing in the idea of a large family homestead that's passed down through the generations, but that kind of familial cohesion seems like a thing of the past

This tb h
Niggas be hatin 4 real

it's a pure status symbol. a declaration of power and wealth

people would never vote for trump if they found out that he lived in a little cosy house, even if it was his family home. america is built on the pursuit of wealth and power and their leader needs to embody that

But Trump inherited wealth...

>Pay millions for a motorized jew
>Drive like a fucking faggot

wew lad

Yeah. But I mean even if he proved his big bank balance, if he was living in some modest home people would feel some dissonance

Like there was something wrong with him for not living extravagantly

dedicated sex play room. that's all i can think of.

american autobahn now!

we meant your sisters, retard.

Men aspire to mansions because it makes you more attractive/appealing to women.

Women aspire to mansions because it is a good measure of the quality of man you were able to catch.

Hypergamy is a fascinating thing.

I just want to own a minimalistic apartment but in a very good location with a wonderful view.

Having a good view is necessary, only thing that can get me up in the morning when I feel like shit is drinking a coffee looking out over the sunrise

I'd rather live in one smsll underground room than the house I live in. It feels so big and spacious.
Yes, multi-generational homes is how it's supposed to be.

Same reason people buy fast cars.

Its a status symbol.

>a very good location with a wonderful view
Prob more expensive than mansion if you meant good location by a big city

he didn't inherit 10 billion dollars

he made his money from that 'small' 1 million dollar loan from his dad

spot on. nyc is the goal, but really i just want to live somewhere that looking out the window doesn't make me want to kms

it's a total pipe dream, but it's something to work hard for

Is it bad that I really only want a simple 3-4 Bedroom rancher house in Arizona somewhere? I have zero desire to own a huge fucking house with huge fucking upkeep costs and a huge fucking property taxes.

I just want to live in the desert

You can't just look at raw dollar figures in this context. His dad was a successful real estate developer so he had connections, which is how Donald managed to get his foot in the door. I'd say that his dad's connections were worth far more than this "small" loan everyone is talking about.

>Not wanting to complete your morning run without leaving the house

he didn't earn 10 billion dollars either
shit, judging from how reluctant he is to release his tax returns he's probably not worth a third that amount
>inb4 shill

This,
I always wondered how much of the men's desires are genuine and how much of them are just a means to an end (means being status, end being women)

If Women were actually disgusted by say sport cars, mansions, luxury watches (as they were disgusted by nerdy things before it became cool) I wonder how many men would buy them.

I'm sure there is some one autist who really like watches etc or collecting sport cars etc but my bet is %90 of male luxury consumption would end.

>What is the appeal of big mansions? Why do people aspire to live in them?

I think Al Gore lives in a ginormous mansion just to mock the plebs who buy his line of bullshit.

but you said he inherited his wealth. if you'd told me this spiel i would have been inclined to agree

however, Fred Trump was perfectly happy with relatively small contracts in Queens, Brooklyn and the outer boroughs of nyc, also taking up apartment blocks in the luxurious ohio. Donald moved himself into manhattan and made a name for himself away from his father's connections. I'll admit he got a good start through his father, but fuck man he worked DAMN hard in manhattan

tax returns tell you nothing of a person's wealth. he already filed his assets (the first presidential candidate in this cycle to do so) and he's worth about 10 billion. i'll believe Trump when he says he's being audited. His tax returns will be perfect and you can check back in in a few months to tell me how right i was

>nyc
I think 1.5 million USD is the median house price for Manhattan. I suppose that West London is pretty much the same as well.
If your house includes a barn for horses, big arable field, or so that'd be very different I guess.

>i'll believe Trump when he says he's being audited
No one is saying he isn't, just that that's a bullshit excuse and he is perfectly capable of releasing the returns despite that
In the grand scheme of things it's really unimportant and how rich he is doesn't affect how qualified he is, but it says a lot about his character that he feels he has to lie about this

>I slept in the same room as my brothers

Me too. I wonder if it's affected my little brother though. Apparently he just can't being by himself, like he's outright said it to someone. We lived in a small apartment so there was of course always people around, he also dated several girls throughout his adolescence. First time he ever was really alone was when he moved into his own flat at like 21, when he broke up with his girlfriend whom he was together with for five years. He hates being alone at home and always has people around him

there have been impartial lawyers throwing their view into this whole thing, and they agree that it would be completely stupid for him to release his tax returns whilst being audited

trust me.. there is NO dirt on this man whatsoever. i wouldn't be surprised if he's prolonging releasing them (if the audit thing is true) just to keep his name in the news cycle. he gets more media time, they're all talking about a non-issue that wouldn't even sway the dumbest of voters, and when he shows them off to be perfect, he comes off the winner

>finn
>always wants people around
what a freak

His dad was just a slumlord with properties in Brooklyn though.

>trust me.. there is NO dirt on this man whatsoever.

This. He's been a public figure for decades, and the worst the NYT could dig up was "he gave a woman a bikini at a pool party and we think it sounds creepy but actually she said he was charming and they dated for awhile"

Cucks need to accept that he's clean.

it's an aphrodisiac

My family comes from West Virginia gutter trash. My grandfather had to fight people daily just to keep his shoes from getting stolen. My father had to clean the cafeteria during lunch just to earn enough to get food because his family couldn't afford to feed him. I was born into a trailer and lived most of my life in small roach infested rented house.

My dream and one ambition is to have a big pristine mansion with a grand expanse of trees and hedges and beautiful mountains in the distance. I want to look around and see a fuckhuge property that is mine and mine alone that stands as a monument to how much I've made it.

I don't aspire to live in a mc mansion, I aspire to build my own average american house, pic. related, I already want to have a lot of kids and raise them on our nest of love.

>that's a bullshit excuse and he is perfectly capable of releasing the returns despite that

Citation needed.

goddamn, forgot pic.

id never waste millions in a mansion, if i had them

God speed user

I know right? A lot of mansions look just like big houses but the one OP posted is God tier.

Literally where is the problem? 3 generations under one roof was the norm for most of European civilization till a couple of decades ago.

Children need constant human supervision, not left to the TV/PC. That's why you keep the grandparents around.
Grandparents were themselves parents and deserve human attention. That's why you don't send them away.

>indoor pool
>home theater
>indoor basketball/tennis court
>hidden rooms
>long term investment
>free space, i.e. not crammed in an apartment block

Thinking about building a big estate in WV when I get Trump money..

What's the white situation there? Is it so white that I'll never have to see a black person ever again?

>free space, i.e. not crammed in an apartment block
You can just go outside...

>free LIVING space

Beats me, I was born and raised in Florida. My grandfather was a miner back then though (and fucked up his back permanently because of that), and judging from the Trump support they got I reckon they're still predominately white.

RARE

Well OP there's your personal rooms
>gym
>office
>full kitchen
>full bath for every bedroom
Aside from having stuff like that on site another appeal is having lots of space for lots of family or just for entertaining. My dad's old business partner had a house like that on the edge of town and when he had parties for stuff like 4th of July a good number of people would just crash there rather than go home.

Also a FL fag myself

Personally though I think Florida won't do well in the future, between how
"Diverse" it is and getting flooded by a rising sea-level, Florida is doomed.

I know where that house is.

Mansions are for throwing huge parties for your other rich friends

That's normal, that's how people are supposed to be. We went through thousands of years of evolution as tribal animals and being alone is normally supposed to hurt us.

NEW

It's hard to say at the moment. Currently we're the third most populace state with an ever increasing influx of new people both from the US proper and the Puerto Ricans who are fleeing their own doomed island. Land is becoming scarce around the cities, demand is crazy, and the california level prices make me think we're in a mad housing bubble once again and it's about to burst.

I remember I was 15 when I moved into one of these mansion-house neighborhoods. My father had recently gotten a very high paying job. I used to live in an apartment and had to share a room with two of my brothers. It felt awesome getting my own room. I guess maybe it is different for middle class people then.

Americans are all about image. Fakest people you'll ever know.