Whats up with all the Stanley Kubrick references? They come in many different forms too...

whats up with all the Stanley Kubrick references? They come in many different forms too, sometimes hes just namedropping him but other times he titles a song after Kubricks favourite font.

Is there a deeper meaning/reason for this?

Entry-level film pleb thinks he's deep.

Stupid ass fagget will never into Cassavetes.

>Stupid ass fagget
Why the homophobia?

this, Frank, or should I say Christopher, has slightly-below normie taste in everything

ayo loompinati

he woke af

so he just put it in because its "cool"? What a shame i thought there must be something to it

he probably just likes him and is showing respect. Not everything has to have a deeper meaning.

>Entry-level film pleb
>Implying someone who takes the time to develop good taste in the lowest of art forms is worthy of respect

>film
>low art form

come on man. Just because most content of something is shit doesnt mean there isnt incredible stuff.

>come on man. Just because most content of something is shit doesnt mean there isnt incredible stuff.
incredible relative to other films sure, but compared to literature, film is about as low as video games

I'd say film is lower than video games. At least you have to interact with video games to fully consume it. With film, it just shows you everything. No effort involved from the consumer. There's just so little video games that are effectively used as art that the medium just seems utterly childish.

t. fedora wearing pseudo intellectual wanker
I bet you're only a virgin because women can't dig your deepness right?

>t. fedora wearing pseudo intellectual wanker
damn...

i disagree. Film has so many forms that its possible to do a lot of stuff with it. Feature film and tv series arent the only formats

films are much harder to consume than music
>There's just so little video games that are effectively used as art that the medium just seems utterly childish.
literally no video game equivalent of holy mountain or nostalghia dont kid yourself

>calls himself the consumer and admits he has never seen a film requiring any kind of emotional or even intellectual effort

durr books r stupid i've read all the stephen king ones durrr they suck books r bad

>literally no video game equivalent of holy mountain or nostalghia
and that's a good thing

there are ZERO video games that utilize the medium effectively, and there STILL isn't any music that effectively incorporates microphone tapping and brushing as an overtly musical element
that last part is totally not a thinly veiled request btw, so don't even think about proving me wrong

>there are ZERO video games that utilize the medium effectively
video games are a hobby to some and to others its for profit, they're made solely to sell not be artistically substantial

>video games are a hobby to some and to others its for profit, they're made solely to sell not be artistically substantial
same as film

objectively not true, a recent one that's fairly popular is "the assassination of jessie james by the coward robert ford" which didn't do popular financially but as a biographical piece, a historic piece, the performance piece, its phenomenal.

please tell me film and video games are on the same artistic level and that you aren't shitposting

Wow that's not what I said at all

because...?

>this thread
i remember when i was a teen as well
you'll get over it

>please tell me film and video games are on the same artistic level
they're not

if any of you saw frank's list of favorite movies in his magazine, you'd know he's no pleb. even if kubrick is entry level.

not everyone uses movies as a fashion accessory

Yeah we've seen his list on letterboxd.

He's got better taste the average normie but thats about it