I once had a crazy dream where some GIANT skull appeared in our solar system and was very visible from Earth and I just...

I once had a crazy dream where some GIANT skull appeared in our solar system and was very visible from Earth and I just love the idea.

>How would humanity respond, and how would it influence society at large?
>What would that say about our place in the universe?
>What is it, how did it get there and what lengths would we go to to find out?
>Would we push to further our knowledge or just destroy ourselves in panic?

make a new thread like this dam that is cool, before this shit dies

you have a very boring imagination

There would be some cult religions springing up and existing religions grasping at some way to use it as a sign that their religion is right

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

tru

Do you think Christianity would use this as a test from god to test their faith? How do you think radical violent secs of certain religions would react?
I have a feeling people generally would use it to confirm their world views, rather than changing it
"God is showing us what our sinful ways will bring us"
"Allah is warning us about the ungodliness of the West"
"This is proof that in the vast scheme of things that we don't matter"

i didn't realise a show already did this oh shit

>giant skull
Cool concept, but it becomes completely deconstructed by it being a fucking skull.

>literally majoras mask with a skull

I've dreamt about this shit alot, but it was some weird planet or some shit, not a skull.

>tfw I thought I had a kinda cool idea but didn't realize it's been done so many times by media I never experienced

Beat me to it

If it was one huge continent with a ginormous mountain seen by all living beings, it would be much cooler

Bumped

makes no sense.

heh! this reminds me a little of a story i wrote years ago. basic summary:

the fossilised remains of some huge saurian are uncovered. it's incredibly old, seemingly from a period millions of years before reptiles that large existed. some distance beneath it are the fossilised bones of something at least three times as large and twenty times older. beneath that: something almost the size of a city which appears to be older than the earliest single-celled organisms. and underneath that the fossilised bones of a creature shaped (determined, by sonar) a little like a jellyfish, yet with a skeleton. from one end to the other, it would be about the size of California. it is older than the known universe. each of these things is sort of nestled within the next.

no one has the heart to dig any deeper.

Bump

okay.

a giant penis appears in our solar system and is very visible from Earth. wat do?

>no one has the heart to dig any deeper.

Didn't know Lovecraft browsed Sup Forums

>Religion around penis is sprung up and becomes very popular
>All men are voluntarily gay, women abstain from sex as a human penis doesnt compare to the alien cock in the sky
>NSA tries to launch space probes but all scientists are crucified for trying to corrupt the phallic glory
>Humanity is completely extinct in 60 years

anything larger than our moon enters the solar system means the astroid paths precisely measured over decades and carefully plotted will be obsolute.

i guess our main concern will be the wildy increased number of small atroid impacts.
i guess it could work like watchmen. the threat makes humanity work together.
the survival of the human race would be so dependant on deloying a number of new space-based telescoped (even after hubble, no easy feat).

i guess since the skull belong to something dead, and obviously far remote (else we'd seen thos before i guess) it wouldnt be so much different except for some religious folks.
the science community always knew that size doesnt really matter for the creation of living species.

i'm a fan of his work. "the color out of space" was amazing.

robert anton wilson once tried to work out, from biblical references, how big God's cock was. in the end he guessed it was roughly four feet long.

The dead space whale from MMS