How can I lose weight and get back into shape? I'm 5"10 and 220 pounds. I used to be like 180. Can anyone help me out...

How can I lose weight and get back into shape? I'm 5"10 and 220 pounds. I used to be like 180. Can anyone help me out? I'm having trouble breathing now it's getting bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA/videos
tdeecalculator.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Low-carb diet, preferably zero-carb. Does wonders for fat reduction as you are using your fat storages for energy, which you aren't if on a normal standard diet where carbohydrates are a majority and you get your energy from cheap glucose.

HIIT is a hit because of this reason. You dip into fat storage for a little bit due to stressing your body.

What should I eat throughout the day?

That depends completely on you and how your body currently works. Do you feel hunger or satiety? How big portions do you eat?

Just try to cut down refined carbohydrates and vegetable oils in general, these lower the damage done by constant insulin flow in veins and reduces inflammation as well. Add some light exercise, all this will up your health significantly.

More important note, any fat which is highly refined is terrible for you. I.E. Vegetable oils. Human body hasn't evolved for the 21st century diet, as most of the fat is plain poison in quality.

Can you give me a small list of things I could buy at the grocery store? I eat things like eggs, multi grain bread, oatmeal, fruits (in the morning). But eggs and multigrain bread I probably shouldn't be eating, heck even oatmeal, because they have carbs. Do you have skype or steam?

Move more, eat less.
It isn't rocket science

Five ten @ 220 isn't that bad, your fat but not morbidly obese to the point that it should be dramatically affecting your health and breathing. Go see a doctor and lay off the oreos. I was five nine and 230, all I did was start counting calories with my fitness pal and now I'm down to 200 after 12 months.

I need to mention that veganism is also certainly healthy for people, but they cut out meat as well which is a big mistake. Nutrition from meat is what nourishes brain.

keto/zero-carb/low-carb has a lot of information about it, be it fitness normal lifestyle or athletics.

Said dietary choices are the opposite end of dietary spectrum from veganism. As long as you don't eat the modern boogieman foods, you will get better.

Also nutrients. Study these hard. Bio availability, digestion and everything.

Eat nothing on weekdays. Eat 2000 calories on weekends. I'm serious. Water fast. Whenever hungry drink water and diet soda. No caffeine after 6pm.
On weekends when you do eat, eat only meats and veg, no carbs, potato is not a veg. Stay under 2000 calories. You'll lose approx 1lb per day. Guaranteed.

Proof: lost 40lbs since July.

This man is overcomplicating the fuck out of this. You could eat nothing but butter for a week, as long as you eat a calorie deficit worth of butter. You will lose weight. Take a multi vitamin, this other shit is asinine.

This really depends on your economical situation.

Eggs are certainly not bad to be in that list, I just personally get tired of them fast.

Buy high quality meat as protein of source. Use plenty of butter. If you like veggies and fruits, try to favor the whole food type of deals. Fruits are also good, but think of it like this...

They are high in sugar and naturally only available a certain time of the year. Getting them week to week isn't really what a typical human is used to, especially because of the high fructose content.

If this wasn't Sup Forums, i'd gladly share.

But simple & refined carbs, try to cut those. Complex can be fine and healthy.

This man is either a lieing nigger or a twig man nigger, you want to be neither of those.

It ain't like it's rocket surgery... or something.
Stop being lazy.

cut carbs and work out. me and a few friends have been watching carbs and seeing huge results.

Maybe so, but calories in and calories out is oversimplification.

100kcal of candy isn't the same as 100kcal of beef. Multivitamin works well too if you are lazy, better to still have plenty of dietary fat in diet to make most use of it.

This man is clearly autistic thinking that dieting is this complicated. If Calories in - calories burned < 0 then you lose weight. Period.

Eat less/better, walk more.

Which weighs more 100 pounds of lead or 100 pounds of feathers?

Also if you haven't already, take a look at fasting. Intermittent fasting to be precise. It is highly recommended for health benefits, works like a charm with low-carb diet as well.

I recommend the following youtube channel warmly. Well made videos and well researched.

youtube.com/channel/UCqYPhGiB9tkShZorfgcL2lA/videos

100 calories of candy is like a fun-size snickers, and 100 calories of beef is like 3 bites of steak.

They're the same calories, just one is a lot more filling.

100 calories of celery is a lot of celery. You will probably feel satiated even if you've technically eaten practically nothing.

Silly comparison. This is about metabolism and energy.

Actually it's about losing weight you illiterate mongrel.

Bro, im 6'2 and used to be over 350lbs just like 2 years ago. Im 220 something right now. Do you know what I did? Nothing special. I just cut back on eating too much and worked out almost on the daily. These days I just get up and run 3 miles every morning and lift once in a while with my brother. Im proof that you dont need no fancy plan and crap if your goal is to simply lose the weight.
Also, you ever heard of Insanity? Doing those videos in the comfort of my home helped out in those initial weeks.

OP wanted to lose weight and help, not what is common CICO.

>You will probably feel satiated even if you've technically eaten practically nothing.
This kind of only happens if you stretch your stomach sack which releases same hormones as real satiety which comes from nutrition itself. Magical human body.

Going in-depth about something isn't necessarily bad.

You don't need extreme diets. You need to create healthy permanent habits. That means more vegetables. More lean meat. Low fat but GOOD fat. No PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids). Check out Ray Peat to get the ultimate recipe for health.

You may also want to get some blood work. Church your hormone levels. Check your insulin. Get your blood pressure tested. Everything.

Make sure you supplement. Creatine is your friend. So are vitamins and trace minerals.

I recommend doing an exercise that you find enjoyable. Maybe take up a dancing class and pick up a girl? Or just lift at home.

I wouldn't even touch weights until you have mastered your own bodyweight.

But above all building a habit is KEY.

This is all just bodyweight. Split it up however you like but above all fucking stick to the plan.

Every day do 100 squats.
Every day do 100 pushups.
Every day do 100 situps.
Every day do 100 pull-ups.

If you can't do 100 of a certain exercise then do 50. If not 50 then 35. You get the idea. But be consistent.

When an exercise gets easy make your sets larger and larger until you can bang out 100 reps of whatever exercise you're doing.

Psychologically and physiologically speaking its good to go for a long walk and clear your head.

Make fitness a part of your life not something you binge on.

Don't listen to this shit OP. Do this and you're guaranteed to wreck your immune system and metabolism. Once you lose whatever weight you want and go back off this this dumbass "water diet", you'll gain all of that weight right back.

Calorie count.

Lift weights one day. Run the other.

Don't eat more than 1800 calories a day.

Drink an absolute minimum of a gallon of water a day. No soda.
Repeat

There, you lost weight

Eats foods with aot of fiber. Dont eat an abundance of sugar. Eat lots of protein. Drink fucking water and nothing else.

Don't eat often. If you snack all the time your body's fat will never be used.
If it's "getting bad" then you should from now on wait until you get hungry and get something to eat after it passes. Maybe even wait until you're sweating.

Do not drink a gallon of water. Too much water can cause your brain to swell.

People have died doing stupid shit like this.

OP here.

THANK YOU everyone. I wrote down all the advice I feel I should follow to get back into shape. If someone could just write out a good list of things to get at the grocery that will complete this thread. THANK YOU.

A gallon of water isn't going to do that you fucking retard.

People who die from water intoxication drank 5 or 6 gallons in a 12 hr span

hearty smoothies for breakfast and a good hard wank, I guarantee you'll have solid abs in about 5 years.

3 square meals and healthy snacks, cardio and strength train every other day. It's 70% about what you're eating, try high protein low calorie meals like grilled chicken, greens, fruits (careful with sugar intake), eggwhites, lentils, and rice. Avoid anything but water really, you don't need any of the artificial garbage in juices or soda.The most important thing is consistency. Eating healthy and working out for just 1 week means nothing. Just dont cave in and stay to that plan and BE PATIENT results will come with time

Butter & Olive oil for cooking

Heavy cream for coffee & stevia sweetener

Meat of your choice, fattier meats have more calories but are also far more tastier. Ground beef is cheap and be utilized well. Beef cut's vary a lot. Rib-eye's are perfect but costly. Chicken is lean and usually bland, but good if you want lower calories & know how to cook.

Spring onion/garlic/normie onions

Other veggies of your choice, depending on what you like

Eggs

Bacon is usually cheap.

Try not to buy high sugar content products. The more carbohydrates per 100g, the worse it really is for you, especially if they are simple carbs.
>blood sugar & insulin

Broccoli/dark green leafies, if you like

Quality salt & Spices of your choice, black pepper for example

If you can live without diet sodas, try. If you can't, buy some. Water is really all you need and should try to drink.

This is just my preference & recommendation simplified, but might work for you too.

>low carbohydrate

This said, I buy all sorts of meats and cook with large variety. Some user above mentioned creatine. This is really good for you. You can supplement it also, but meat tends to have a shit ton of all sorts of varied nutrients you can benefit from. Downside being, can be calorie dense.

Metabolic functions are important, and eating at an deficit always works--as it is technically starving and eventually plateau is achieved as metabolism slows down. But this isn't important. Just drop the crap from diet and exercise and health is almost guaranteed.

tdeecalculator.net/

You can use this for your benefit when it comes to calories and rough estimates how much you should eat.

Go to /fit/ and click the dancing dinosaur

Never buy anything with added sugar. Unless you want to get high on sugar glucose.

It is like any addictive drug.

Everything with added sugar would be bland without and is essentially poison to your body.

walk daily, enjoy fresh air, profit

Faggot

Meat is murder.

Veganism is the only true way of life.

Faggot

just eat less to the point you're actually losing weight but yet a diet you can keep. I'm 5/10 or 11 and I'm was 208 now I'm under 200, hopefully ill get close to 160 since I used to wrestle at 145 my senior year of high school

Your mom

>pic related
its you

Where did you get that from?

Your mom

Take that back

No.

OP here. Thanks guys. So 3 meals a day with small healthy snacks in between. Is that good?

Stop stuffing your fat face with food and start moving.

Fine, faggot

Snacking isn't necessary. Good & satiating meals are.

Am i gonna die? im 5'5" and 215...

>3232
Your mums a faggot.
>mfw

Yes.

>What is mental health
VEGAN BTFO'D

Suppose a better way to put it is, is my health in imminent danger?

Are you male or a female and how old?

I was getting chubby. Lost about 20 pounds so far just from eating better/less (but not starving myself). Avoid heavy food like casseroles. cut down a lot on carbs. eat fruits and vegetables every day. Avoid sugar, and if youre going to snack make sure its something light and healthy. That was literally all i did, and i still eat junk food now and then. imagine what would happen if i added exercise. the only excuse for being fat is if you have some kind of hormone imbalance or youre on a medication that makes you gain weight or something. Otherwise youre just retarded and lack will power. Its really not that hard.

>The only excuse for being fat is if you have some kind of hormone imbalance
According to my gathered notes and findings, you are very accurate. Thumbs up for you, user.

Go to /fit, follow the sticky.

Jesus christ, im 5 5 and ive never been heavier than 180 in my life. shoulda done what i did and lost some weight you fat lazy fuck. the further you go the harder it is to go back.