ITT: Most Overrated Movies of All Time

ITT: Most Overrated Movies of All Time.

no film was ever over rated or under rated by the people that actually get paid to do that, you might be paying too much attention to the majority of fucking morons that flock to a film about sparkling homos.

Donnie Darko

Literally the gayest, most pretentious movie I have ever seen. It's just 2 hours of Jake Gyllenhaal sitting around being a sad faggot.

I've only watched that movie once all the way through and that's when I saw it in theaters opening night back in '08. It was great. Don't have the patience to sit through it again though.

I actually can't believe it grossed that much money and some of my friends went to see it 3-4 times.
It's literally Transformers-tier but with MUH 3D MUH CGI

Any movie other people like.

t. OP

went to it stoned as fuck when I was a senior in high school, slept through the whole thing and have no idea what it's about

beauty and the beast was so cringe. ugh raather re watch the 1991 version

Star wars

>2017
>watching disney movies
disney is cancer

And there are fucking four more of these coming.

Lol

every anime ever made

I feel like Shrek was an overrated movie.

in b4 newfags think it's 2013.

I'm reasonably certain they won't be as popular though. The first one was released at just the right time and actually had top notch graphics, even with the plot being utter shit.
Now I don't think they'd be able to make anything outstanding, plus eight years have passed and people are after different fads.
Hopefully they'll fold it after the second sequel like they did with Divergent.

the shawshank redemption

Any of Terrence Malick's movies.

just because you don't like them does not mean they are over rated user.

Bump

>actually had top notch graphics

>I don't think they'd be able to make anything outstanding

it's james cameron bud, the time between flicks will only show he is using the most up to date tech, most of it will prolly be developed by him.

Bump

ITT: People oblivious to context.

if you're op you should know you can't bump your own thread, if not whatever.

Nice b8 m8.

It

neither of them were over rated.

True, but that's the same for everyone listing movies in this thread.

The fact is I went to see Tree of Life without even knowing the director, and kept thinking through the whole thing, "This reminds me of that stupid war movie I saw in the 90s, Thin Red Line." Both are just shamefully silly self-indulgent claptrap.

>not watching every Emma Watson movie with your dick out

Faggot