Eternal /trb/

old
Really Old Links that are still useful: pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=ar-_EIllF6s

Other urls found in this thread:

community.sigames.com/topic/309785-the-mentality-ladder-a-practical-framework-for-understanding-fluidity-and-duty/
acast.com/quicklykevin/milesjacobsonobeonchampman-s01e04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lazy sunday edition apparently

Easy like Sunday morning and Morz's sister edition

rude

>beat atleti 2-0 and then lose to fucking Gijon

kill me

Who /secondhalfcollapse/ here?

its your tactcs

>when you can't decide what you want to do tacticly.

So I kinda want to play through Forte and have another shield in front of defence. I lack a real playmaker, want to play with 2 IF's. I don't know what to do

>need a home win on the last day of the season to leapfrog Man City and win the league
>the whole game passes by without so much as one highlight, despite the fact that I play with an attacking formation and have the entire second half on 'overload'
>settle for a 0-0 draw and finish 2nd

FUCK YOU MILES

>midfield is my strongest area
>all 3 midfielders are being bidded for by Man City

what do

Could be worse, you could have literally thrown the league away

Going to do a gimmick where as soon as I win the Champion's League I'm going to sell my entire playing and coaching staff and rebuild from scratch. Already got a transfer budget of £1.1 billion and should get a few hundred million more from the sales plus champion's league revenue.

ideal 4-4-2?

out fucking skilled

>have 65% possession
>lose 5-0

possession tactics aren't really working out

Me, always

Gribbin is literally a goat.

Damn I'm financially irresponsible

I have an awesome starting eleven now but sold basically all of my backup players to finance it and took my balance way into the red regardless. If I finish even a little below expectations I am fucked

Defensive/Counter Attack

>Fullbacks
Support
>Ballplaying defenders
because for whatever reason this is the only instruction that will make them play long balls
>Central midfielders
1 support, 1 defensive
>1 wide midfielder
sup
>1 winger
sup/att
>Strikers on their best instruction

KEY STATS:
>High concentration
this is by far the most important stat especially for your midfielders, you're not going to be defending for the majority of the game without a focused squad
>1 pacey striker
Well because.
>Wide midfielder with playmaking stats
Ideal player is Koke, look for players with similar stats.

Instructions:
>Rarely/never close down
>Slightly deeper

Other than that, the harder opponents the more rigid and less creative you want your team to be.
Turning teams into invincible tanks who are happy with the 0-0 draw away and goes for the win at home is fun.
Generally this was my go to away formation for quite some time.

Why can't I find Football Manager on steam?

>because for whatever reason this is the only instruction that will make them play long balls

Don't Limited Defenders also play hoofball? So normal CDs are the only option for possession tactics?

because you're in brazil

fug

Yeah limited defender makes them hoof it randomly and lose it 9/10 times, BPD for some reason knows how to play a long ball. I guess if you have a literal halfbrain at CB you can use LD but I don't know if it'll work quite as well.

It's insanely frustrating too since CB-->opposite wing is a relatively normal pass in football, yet you never see it in this "game"

do you play narrow or wide?

Perhaps the "Switches ball to opposite flank" PPM could replicate that?

Today is World Autism Awareness Day apparently.
So be aware of yourselves.

cutest girl in the world edition

why did you post a giraffe

t-t-t-t-take that back!

Do you guys use these principals when creating a tactic? community.sigames.com/topic/309785-the-mentality-ladder-a-practical-framework-for-understanding-fluidity-and-duty/

no, I use this one

>16 years old

And yet I'm looking at that ass in the background...

but >thinn is better than >thicc

He's seen some shit.

Trying to spend my £1.3bn budget all in one but I've gone over the wage budget after the first 5 signings and I can't alter it because of financial fair play or someshit like that. Still got £1.1bn in the transfer kitty and I can't use it, fuck's sake.

Great stuff. I'm in my first season but trying to involve Gribbin, Chong and Tuanzebe as much as I can

>Wonga

I'm doing a save where I sold all the players who weren't trained at United and brought several youth players into the first team straight away. For me, Chong didn't really come on that much - ok Premiership player but no more than that. Might be different for you. Gribbin and Tuanzebe are both very good, and another one to keep an eye on is Ro-Shaun Williams, whose attributes don't look that good but is nonetheless incredible.

I don't know what I prefer, autistic screeching from Arsenal fans or more punished Pep.

the problem with arsenal doing this badly is that wenger might actually go, which would end (some of) the autistic screeching
I'd be ok with arsenal finishing 4th again somehow

>TM actually doing header stuff
>header stuff actually works
it seems so rare

That's a good camera angle.

I've had that idea. Think I'm going to settle on a middle ground where my core is home grown but I add some superstars.

At what age should my players be at home being tutored and at what age should they be going out on loan? Particularly relevant for Ro-Shaun Williams.

yeah, since there's nobody in the stands, the TV crew can set up wherever they like

>this level of murderball
>absolutely thumping Bayern when they went down to ten men

wew

Ro-Shaun jumped straight into my first team squad as back up for Jones, Smalling and Tuanzebe (having sold Rojo, Bailly, Blind, etc). So with ~50 games per season all included, I managed to get him developing straight away. Once I had my squad of about 20 settled though, I would tend to send out players under 21 on loan each year unless they were very very good before that age. Angel Gomes was the only exception to that I think.

>tfw you get a Champions League best placed qualification place but you're unseeded

Just fuck my shit up senpai

great, now I won't be able to fine him

lads I mostly lurk here but i got salgueiros into the portuguese prem but I cant offer my players a contract for more than two years. what the fuck am i doing wrong?

changes on the opposition but mostly narrow

I haven't played since M2008 but here's a good podcast worth a listen

acast.com/quicklykevin/milesjacobsonobeonchampman-s01e04

I'm not sure what the cause is, but this seems relatively normal. I guess it's just financial constraints/low reputation stuff coming from the board

ah i guess ill just deal with it then, didnt remember it being so strict in earlier games. I do a portugese lower league side every year and this is the first time ive had this.

my mystery ivorian defender arrives in a few days
think GOAT thoughts

>tfw to sign anyone even remotely approaching good it costs you an arm and a leg now

this may not look like much, but he's probably my best centre back already

>estimated value: 500
Quality signing though.

How much should I pay for Icardi in January 2017, lads?

Reminder that we are staying in and ending Feyenoord again on wednesday

Go for Iheanacho instead.

>tfw going to war with Spain soon

Madrid is rightfully British clay anyway lads

>player over the age of 30 wants a wage increase

>tfw probably gonna get City

>tfw unironically did get City

y tho

>tfw your tactic finally clicks after a season and a half of tinkering

I haven't bought FM this year but I had a look at it a while ago and noticed the shit user reviews. Is it mostly just assmad gooks crying or is it actually not as good as previous years?

>tfw its too late to make anything worthwhile out of the season

I unironically think it's a bit tougher this year if you aren't managing a top team or in England, given how expensive any good player is

It's never too late so long as you're drawing all the games you don't win.

So is it just angry chinks giving it bad reviews because the shit reviews genuinely put me off buying it.

Why do the chinese hate FM?

It's what you should expect from Steam reviews.
>This FM 12 exploit isn't working in 17, this game is shit.
>0.6 hours played

its not an improvement on gameplay which is my biggest gripe, but theyve improved on how it runs and changed how retarded crosses were handled, other than that nothing much has changed.

That's good to hear. I'm still on FM2015 and it pisses me off when in-form teams let go of their best players for near face value. The AI never makes any progress because of this

This looks a bit shooped

No translation.

It was a clever play by Mike. Didn't give them a translation so uses that as an excuse for the awful ratings and reviews on steam.

>Benfica, Porto and Sporting are now filthy jews who don't sell unless you give them your first-born in exchange
>young regens who you and your scouts are creaming over rarely want to go abroad (unless you're managing a big team)

Works quite well tbf, got a bit stupid before when you could just hoover up everything very quickly.

Managing Fiorentina, and having to live off of scraps from big teams right now desu. 3 or 4 years ago, I would have just been able to secure GOAT regens early on and be set forever, much harder to do that now

whenever this is posted I still get pissed off like how can you be that retarded

>Reminder Mike gave them what they wanted and they still kept shitting on FM
Chinks are just subhumans who make illogical decisions

I might actually upgrade now you've told me this

>tfw anti-trollball

They will probably rape me at the Etihad though

based Babacar

The AI has become very free-spending now as well, I've never seen them spend over £100m on a player before

who was the 3rd cheesy GOAT striker in fm12? lukaku, babacar, and ...? was it sanogo? he was french, I know

FIERRO

Pablo Counago

Fierro? The eternal cheese

Niang

They definitely did become more willing to spend more but its mostly just a knock on effect of increased tv money in England causing inflation throughout football

>Guangzhou blowing almost 70 mill for a 30 year old

Omar Koroma

>Olympic Mayonnaise

Kermit Erasmus? Or was he a bit earlier than that?

This and also China

I remember him being pretty good in 13, but he'd have 22/23 by then so he was probably a bit earlier than 12.

thanks buds

might've been, yeah

fierro is ALWAYS cheese, he doesn't count