Why everybody is hyping up this band?

why everybody is hyping up this band?
i know that nu-males in their mid twenties want to bone her but other than that, what is interesting about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0HifL71zHaE
youtu.be/ECpXY9s0quY
theonion.com/article/avoiding-popular-songs-somehow-accomplishment-for--38338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i thought the one on the right was a cute boy when i saw the thumbnail but they're all really ugly
disappointing

Is that a dude in drag on the right?

is this xxxtenacion?

op here
lmao, i'm a 21 year old nu-male who want to bone her
so i'm a nazi now?

they make fun music, learn to let loose once in a while. not everyone has an agenda when listening to music

can someone confirm?

dude, epic

this desu

i feel no attraction to her so it's probably just an ugly woman

Beacause they have a wholesome, wavy sound to them that makes them very different from other dream pop bands. That's why. And for those who don't know them, their band is Alvvays.

Bands like these pay for people to promote their shit music in this board. It's been happening for years and you people are still so fucking stupid to fall for these meme musicians.

This band sucks. Don't even bother. It's washed-up indiepop.

they would all look decent if they fucking exercised and ate decently

> i will never be her type

they have an incredible ear for melody and they write catchy, memorable pop songs.

any other questions?

>memorable

Literally a buzzword

no it means something pretty straightforward you fucking retard. it means that the melodies are catchy enough that the songs stand out from each other and don't just blend into a homogeneous indie mess (see: any album by real estate or beach fossils)

I respect them but I prefer what her Father, Uncle and Aunts did more

youtu.be/0HifL71zHaE

they managed to make literally every song on their first album catchy as fuck

yeah, they make catchy, enjoyable indie pop music. a band doesn't have to be innovative and groundbreaking for them to be good

Half the songs on s/t are painfully forgettable

Their music is color by numbers indie shit. Very boring stuff

Molly voice does sound similar to Heather's on this track

youtu.be/ECpXY9s0quY

literally the only forgettable songs on the album are Dives and Red Planet. every single other song is incredibly catchy

where's the hype desu?

they are trying out some new things on this album but nothing too noticeable. s/t was rly good tho boys...

Who even are these people

alvvays is really cool hipster band, i like them but their new album is 6/10 amiright, anons?

lol they all look normal as hell. what are you even talking about.

They would look much better if they exercised

wait they got signed to polyvinyl? That's pretty cool

There is no hype youre just a shill

The first LP didn't deserve the hype. 5/10 at best. Only the single stood out. The 2nd LP is much better. The experimentation in sound stops it from being boring like their previous work. Also, this goes without saying but Molly is qt.

e d g yy

c'mon boys you cant say this after a quarter of a listen.

s/t was vgood tier honest, personable, catchy twee pop that rose to great tier with Molly's vocal delivery that touches common topics with an unusual, likable approach.

this 2nd LP with my 2 listens sounds like they're expanding a bit on their pallet of sounds, not exactly experimenting when they're just adding guitar layers, alternating jangly with juzzy guitars, adding a synth here and there with different vocal deliveries. Actually, her voice is the only thing that seems to be experimentation really. I also think the melodies are not as strong as the ones on their 1st LP nor the themes instantly relatable, but I'll need more listens.

why do you always have to call stuff boring just because you dont appreciate when simple things are v well done. baka...

>tfw I will never be Archie

>"haha it's okay i'm a newmale too xd"

lol ok

strongest song so far probs Dreams Tonite, Hey and... Lollipop?

yea probs

opinions?

their debut came out on polyvinyl where the fuck u been

I have no fuckin idea who these people are

I call it boring because the simple things that are well done have been well done to many times. I think its more a problem with the indie genre that alvvays themselves. A 5/10 doesn't mean its bad . You're right that its fun and catchy, I just think other bands do what they did better.

In undertow, dream tonite. Hey is the best song on the album. Sounds like it has Sterolab influences.

I mean but the point still stands that if it's good it doesn't matter how many times it's been done, and the character she (or anyone you include in that "many times") instills on the songs is what makes it stand out. I get your point, but I have something against defining good, even great music as boring just because it's indiepop or any other "played out" genre people have started to avoiding

lates my duede

XDDD

they're overrated and their new album sucks, undertow is pretty catchy though

theonion.com/article/avoiding-popular-songs-somehow-accomplishment-for--38338

The night that I first heard their debut I had been digging through shitty indie-pop albums for hours. This stood out to such a degree that I listened to it three times and bought tickets to a show they were playing near me in 6 days. This was before I had seen the band, let alone knew anything about their hype and aesthetic. That being said, I guess I might have shit taste, but I haven't found many indie-pop records from the last few years that are better than Alvvays's debut.

So I guess it's fine to say that they're total shit or whatever, but take it from a huge indie-pop fan: this album was breath of fresh air. It's fine if you don't like it, but saying it isn't good/shouldn't stand out is absolutely ridiculous. I'll close by saying that simply playing this band in the background at parties has resulted in several of my friends buying tickets to their new tour without my urging or suggestion. They are infectious, people enjoy them. If you don't like it, accept that it's just because you don't like their music and move on. Diff'rent strokes, man.

tl;dr it stands out to people who like this sound

so you and your friends are hipsters, wtf is this?

>honestly and secretly
i-i wish i have friends like your's. i like the band just shitposting on the board that's it

they are fantastic indie pop and i agree with everything you're saying, including the parts about showing it to people and playing it in the background.

i've only played it in the car with friends a couple of times, but each time someone asked me who it was. and i showed a couple of specific friends it, and they basically just found it pleasant on first listen but then admitted that they listened to it a bunch later and that it was super catchy.

it's just a great pop album it's that simple

>copies Wavves but with female vocals
>titles themselves Alvvays
is this like self-aware copycatting?

My problem with the new album is that Dreams Tonite and In Undertow blow every other song out of the water. It's crazy how far above the rest they are. Saved by a Waif and Lollipop are good but they just make me want to listen to In Undertow and the rest of the album is pretty forgettable in my opinion. Forget About Life deserves a mention too but it feels underwritten to me. A lot of the songs feel short but also longer than they actually are if that makes sense.

I wish they would've pursued the shoegaze vibe of IU rather than trying to make their sound more rockish. There are hints of it here and there but I think a more dream pop direction would have benefited them more.

don't talk shit about kerri

yeah, Undertow is easily the best on the record. love the shoegaze

agreed those two songs are amazing. rest are kind of forgettable but listenable. overall pretty good though

In Undertow > Lollipop > Hey > Plimsoll Punks > Not My Baby > New Haircut > Your Type > Already Gone > Dreams Tonite > Forget About Life

Stay faggy, friend.

Who even are these fucks, they looks like every other indie trash band out there

fuck ty desu, those guys are cool as fuck
and fuck these copycats (((((alvvays))))) wtf

>dreams tonite that low

has to be bait

so would you

I met her when they were smaller and came to my town. I mumbled some incomprehensible bullshit at her and she looked at me like I was a retard. My friend just stood there laughing at me.

She's a lot smaller than pictures give her credit for, she has to be like 4'11" and she uses a kid's guitar.

Yeh I met her too. She's super tiny. I just said to her 'great show! when's the new record coming out you think?' and she said 'hmm...i dunno...in the spring sometime'

Lollipop > In Undertow > Dreams Tonite > Hey > Not My Baby > Saved by a Waif > Already Gone > Your Type > Plimsoll Punks > Forget About Life

im inclined 2 agree with this, underwritten feels correct to me in the way they wanted to be more ambitious this time and ditch the more straightforward tunes but they got stuck somewhere in the middle and it feels underwritten and not as instantly gratifying as the s/t. the lyrics are still somehow unusually relatable, just not as strong or even straightforward as before, need to listen to it more times

Here's my meeting Molly story

>Alvvays signing autographs after a show at a local fest
>2ND in line
>talk to Alec first
>hey, you should come play in [name of my college town]
>I think we played there once, a while back, is there still a bar called the red dog?
>Molly looks up from across the table
>her eyes go wide
>where you there user?
>autism kicks in, mumble incomprehensibly about how I was only asking about them playing in my town
>she signs my record
>Go home happy, post about it on mu years later

Who are these people?

aww, that's cute

Judging by the posts, no one important.

>4'11"
that is a fucking boner killer, i hope you fuckers are trolling

CUTE
U
T
E

both of you UwU

I came here expecting qt molly photos and you fuckers let me down

say no more f a m

UwU :3

aww i love her

Nu males + female with the optional tranny add on. It's just the current indie buzzband landfill music.

look at her how cute she is, user

C U T E :3

Reminder that Sup Forums posters are the best because white nationalists are the good guys.

Shills (they are paid to promote musicians on their record label)

fuck me now i might have to start a molly folder

look at that tight little tush

saw them live and air violined with a thot
They are poz as fuck but their songs are catchy

who?

stop calling Kerri a tranny
she a qt3.14

>he doesn't love tiny women
Fag

I know bros how do I get over the fact that I can never live out the scenarios in all her songs with her

i'm down with her but i'm not sure about her rabbit teeth, my dick hurts

she look like fucking typical tumblr sjw meme

she looks like a wacky cooky scientist

desu this band just sounds like a shittier Real Estate, which was already pretty bland. /mu users just tend to base 60% of their opinion on a band off bangability of the lead singer lonely fucks that they are

Also explains why the most populated thread is continually kpop general on this cliched sexually frusrtated site

this desu
alvvays fans be like
real estate bunch of sad indie dads in their early thirties and look at our band, cool as fuck although they copy real state music and they also copied wavves name but fuck you they're cool hipsters and look at that lead vocalist she is so cute and fuckable

youre wrong my dudes and the fact you think the comparison to another indiepop band with jangle guitars but completely different mood/intentions/direction youre a knob

>completely different mood/intentions/direction
>my dudes
so never make comparisons based off the actual physical sounds of the bands in question just off their individual philosophy/aestehtic. got it my dude

btfo

i wonder if the band members fuck?

no, molly stated in an interview that the band didn't want any sexual feelings for each other

that sucks bro
btw who is Archie?

t h i g h s

yeah except that alvvays writes great pop songs with catchy melodies and real estate writes boring bland "indie rock" that's instantly forgettable