my question is, whats a good dark tv show to watch? Ive seem black mirror, breaking bad, bojack horseman...

> my question is, whats a good dark tv show to watch? Ive seem black mirror, breaking bad, bojack horseman, making a murderer. Let me know, dark depressive films will work also

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d90b3Dp17FQ&index=12&list=PL6mJS-_ZqwRQ8jZ_ojUlODLQRcn_d7kcx
youtube.com/watch?v=tbmf-bo1lDc
youtube.com/watch?v=_9Hu6J3pEwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=65oS6BYEfr0
youtu.be/OxnRq8yUQNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I watched Requiem for a Dream again recently. Have you seen it?

Oronofskys work is pretty good. I havent caught requiem for a dream, but ive seen his much later releases. Is it any good? Cant stand Leto in anything

Nah, Requiem for a Dream kinda sucks.
Pretty simplistic and cringy.

What would you recommend?

Not much into depressive stuff, but you can try Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Otherwise in dark stuff, Jacob's Ladder is pretty good.

Isn't is supposed to make the viewer cringe at the simplistic lifestyle of its (for lack of a better term) protagonists?

>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Seconded.

Im pretty sure ive seen the eternal sunshine on tv back when illegal cable was a thing. Jacob ladder seems promising, why is it good?

Pieces of April. Often lighthearted and has a happy(ish) ending, but altogether real shit.

Anomalisa?
Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans?
Drugstore Cowboy?
Falling Down?
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
Trainspotting?

Just a few good films with some rather dark stories/characters/circumstances that I've watched recently.

Red Riding trilogy, British tv thing. Also, anything by Dennis potter like karaoke, cold Lazarus and so

Some quality programming would be much more appreciated than garbage with mere moments

More real shit.

Slingblade, angels egg, grave of the fireflies.
I'm not sure what gets you sad but there's a good start. Pray the devil back to hell or any documentary about Africa is good.
If you just want to make yourself feel like shit just look at gore like a normal person.

>Jacob ladder seems promising, why is it good?
Good and original story.
Well written.
Not an expert on acting but it was good enough for me to be believable.
Keeps you wondering wtf is going on which is pretty much the same state as the protagonist.

fargo and ozark

youtube.com/watch?v=d90b3Dp17FQ&index=12&list=PL6mJS-_ZqwRQ8jZ_ojUlODLQRcn_d7kcx

Thats a horrible suggestion. I watch documentaries on the extermination of the blacks and my cold soul gets warm. Its quite the beauty to be rid of them niggers

Here a few more:

A Scanner Darkly
A Boy and His Dog
The Road
When the Wind Blows (It's a cartoon but super, super dark)

A lot of stuff from Terry Gilliam...
Brazil
12 Monkeys
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

tbh Dancer in the Dark is bretty depressive

Theres an Amc tv show.
The Preacher.
Trailers do not do any justice to the seriers

boku no pico
You can thank me later

Jam - darkest comedy ever made. Try these for size:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbmf-bo1lDc
youtube.com/watch?v=_9Hu6J3pEwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=65oS6BYEfr0

You thought motherfucker

Oh yeah, and when you're generally up for cartoons as well:

The Plague Dogs

It's good and super dark too. What do you expect of a cartoon with the man theme of abusive animal experiment?!

I plan on reading the comic series prior to the show. Is it worth watching?

Anyone here ever seen Coldwater or Dog Pound? Insanely good, dark movies

westworld
true detective
fargo
twin peaks
stranger things
gotham
walking dead..
etc

Is twin peaks any good? Or west world? Heard of them but never got around to it

Dog pound sucked

The Brave Little Toaster

Mr. Robot may works

On it already, love it

>good dark tv show
Anything from Scandinavia.
>dark depressive films
Again, anything from Scandinavia. I recommend Thale, dark fantasy/horror. Very slow paced but never boring.

Sons of Anarchy.
Biker poet kills his way to enlightenment.

The Shield,enough said.

Name some shows at least? A starting point

Dark and depressed are different things.

Well, the show called Bron (the bridge) made in Sweden/Denmark is supreme. Dark as fuck, melancholic and sad.
>pic related

Wallander.

Scratch that, 2 more names

How can anyone recommend such a poorly written show with cringeworthy characters?

Well ok.
1. Show called 1864 is really good.
2. And then we have "The 100 Code". Really good German/Swedish show taking place in Stockholm but a lot of English speaking.

M*A*S*H

calm ur tits sunflower, cuz taste is like a arm... some ppl don't have so keep ur lack of taste to yourself

The Care Bears Movie

Mr. Robot sure is made of pure shit. 20 minutes into the first episode I was ashamed for all who wrote, produced and played this: A nosy explanation of the dark web for elderly people who don't know shit about the internets.

Worth it, and not in a "feel good" way.

It Comes at Night

>terrible title
>name not relevant to plot
>one of the best post-apocalyptic movies of the last decade

Nightcrawler is a good movie

>recommending Port of Call New Orleans and not just Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Kietel
Otherwise, decent list.

It's like Memento though because once you know the whole twist ending it becomes more laughable than intriguing upon rewatching.

>Not also recommending Time Bandits and Zero Theorem from Gilliam

Time Bandits is silly but arguably just as cold and dark as Brazil except Time Bandits is much more child friendly and has more upbeat moments

Mr Robot is one of the worst things I've ever seen

Agreed. Nightcrawler is fantastic. Prisoners is another great one with Gyllenhal, same director as Arrival and Sicario but a better movie I think. Also has Paul Dano and Hugh Jackman. On that note, the Brian Wilson biopic Love and Mercy is pretty good because all the scenes in which Paul Dano plays him it's fantastic and spot-on but all of the later scenes in which John Cusack plays Brian Wilson it borders on cringeworthiness. Still very worth watching.

>Walking Dead

Get the fuck out of here

Taste to appreciate Mr. Robot... must be the most funny thing I read today.

>Let's call the company Evil just to make sure brainless watchers get that they are the villains because we aren't clever enough to show it
>Let's have a boring protagonist who's only trait is to be anxious all the time and unable to speak properly, but he's a hacker so we'll pretend it's a cool char
>Let's have a plot twist copy pasted from fight club because we can't make up our own
>Let's put a bunch of computer science/security buzzwords just to pretend our series is credible

You sure got a lot of taste buddy.

As well as Plague Dogs which is incredible, check out American Pop which is a Ralph Bashki movie who is the guy who did the animated Hobbit and LotR as well as Fire and Ice, and Wizards. Great movie, great soundtrack, the main reason I like the song Night Move.

For anybody who cares or is interested
youtu.be/OxnRq8yUQNY

In Order of Disappearance was pretty good, imo.

I'll second both of those and add Tin Star.