Com Truise
Dan Deacon
Tim Hecker
Ben Frost
Squarepusher
LONE

great list guys. keep it coming.

oh, but remove Grimes.

Yes, bjork is the only female in the OP's list.

Yeah, he isn't very good.

Nine Inch Nails

>oh, but remove Grimes.
No fucking way.

Pls don’t turn this isn’t a grimejerk thread. The door to Reddit is over there.

Odd Nosdam
S U R V I V E
Stars of the Lid/Dead Texan
Autechre

Culprate
Jon Hopkins (inb4 bleeptards jump on my cock)
Koan Sound
Vangelis
John Murphy

Luke Vibert
µ-Ziq
Mr Oizo
Osborne ( Todd Osborne )
Prefuse 73
Bibio
Machinedrum

the chemical brothers
the avalanches
blank banshee
jake chudnow

>John Murphy

Nice. I see you, nigga, I see you. I always forget about Mr Murphy

we need affirmative action

Respect her or gtfo, buddy.

cringey fanbase

ayy. He is indeed a ledge. Really enjoyed this album by him

Oh shit. I never heard of this. I see I've been out of the loop for a min. Good lookin' !

>best electronic musicians
>starts with grimes
back to the catalog we go

Stop trying to turn this into one of those threads.

Jon Hopkins
Shed
Modeselektor
Moderat

maybe we should do a voting poll on the greatest electronic musicians?

we'd kill two birds with one stone. we'd have a definitive list, but that way we'd also be able to see if grimes is truly worthy

strawpoll.me/13875890

he's not even worthy of being on the list

what about deadmau5 and iglooghost?

coil
the prodigy
ratatat

>sitting that low to the keyboard

Who you trying to be?

>what is Ligeti
>what is Tomita
>what is Michel Jarre
>what is Mort Garson

>grimes
>autechre

pick one.

Both. You could enjoy the music of both artists. Does this sound like early Autechre clyp.it/k4kehpib ?

Kraftwerk
Steve Roach
Ash Ra Tempel
James Murphy
Ital Tek
Andy Morin
Fennesz
Pan Sonic
Ryoji Ikeda
Terry Riley
Jean-Michel Jarre
William Basinki
Throbbing Gristle
James Murphy
Thom Yorke
Ulver
Animal Collective
Jean-Jacques Perrey
Biosphere
Henry Jacobs

>Chvrches
>best electronic artists of all time
wew lad

Stop hating them. They're very good.

Yeah, everyone who doesn't think that an artist is one of the best of all time is hating them.

Although I do hate Chvrches. They've failed to do anything that separates them from any other third-rate electro/synthpop band.

>They've failed to do anything that separates them from any other third-rate electro/synthpop band.
Really? They did actual good songs. They don't have to reinvent the wheel in order to be considered a good band.

nobody would give a fuck about grimes if she wasn't cute.

>thread starts with /Grimes/
>can't take it seriously

this

nah. Deadmau5 isn't nearly influential enough and iglooghost is a just aphex twin for PC music heads

What about her music? There are plenty of cute females but they're not discussed as much as her. Also explain why some Sup Forumstants are convinced that she's ugly and yet, she gets so much attention.

Visions would have been successful regardless of her extreme cuteness.
>artist of the decade
>can't take seriously
What did he mean by this?

You don't have to reinvent the wheel to at least make yourself different or make a good song. Chvrches has failed to do both.

They are different to other synthpop bands because of their singer. How many synthpop bands have singers like her?
>or make a good song
They have a career because of their good songs. They got critical acclaim for a reason. You just dislike them.

I thought all tripfriends must've left by now. Your efforts are futile at this point and sadly you know that too. This board had threads like these coming a long time.

>How many other synthpop bands have singers like her?
Every singer is technically different but that doesn't mean that their music is anything actually different if the instrumentals are the same boring shit
>They have a career because of their good songs
They have a career because Lauren is cute and because they make easily-digestible shit to play at parties
>They got critical acclaim
Speaks nothing to their quality
>You just dislike them
And you just like them

names like aphex twin, autechre and boards of canada are pioneering artists. they did not just create great albums in the 90's but also gave a direction to the whole electronic music scene. of course you can enjoy both grimes and ae but can't write them together under the list 'best electronic artists'. because although 'visions' is enjoyable, still not a match for ae.

she is definitely cute, but sometimes she makes herself look ugly. i never said she wasn't talented but without her looks, she would still be a soundcloud artist. it is the combination of both, her talent and her look, makes her famous.

and yes, this tracks sounds like a sloppy rip off of ae. but ae wrote similar songs in the late 80's without modern sequencers and shit.

also as you guess, writing an original piece always requires more skill and creativity.

what's some ae from the late 80s? I thought they didn't start making music (recorded) 'til '90.

>No Röyksopp
Come on.

>Tim Hecker
>Squarepusher
Checked.

>names like aphex twin, autechre and boards of canada are pioneering artists.
Sure.
>they did not just create great albums in the 90's but also gave a direction to the whole electronic music scene.
Grimes did the same with her albums. Also you're judging those bands in hindsight. Grimes is too new to be properly judged.
>of course you can enjoy both grimes and ae but can't write them together under the list 'best electronic artists'. because although 'visions' is enjoyable, still not a match for ae.
You're comparing apples to oranges. As great as Ae are, they lack something Grimes' music already has: soul and vocals/lyrics. Their latter output lacks even melody. Grimes' music feels richer and far more emotional compared to the austere Ae. Both artists wanted and achieved different things with their music and both have their place in that list.
>she is definitely cute, but sometimes she makes herself look ugly.
Intentionally.
>i never said she wasn't talented but without her looks, she would still be a soundcloud artist.
She did herself ugly exactly to be taken seriously as an artist. And she has been taken seriously. Without her looks she would be an enigmatic producer like Aphex Twin or Autechre. Don't worry, electronic music is already accustomed to "hidden" artists. See Burial & Daft Punk as prime examples. Right now there are legions of cute soundcloud female artists. Some of them are even cuter than her. Still, nobody cares about them. Wonder why? Because their music lacks the spark of genius of Grimes' oeuvre. They don't have that magic which is impossible to fake.
>it is the combination of both, her talent and her look, makes her famous.
Most great female artists pay attention to their image. Did you see Kate Bush or Bjork's photos and album covers? Unlike them, Grimes doesn't even put her face on her covers. You can't accuse her of trying to sell albums based on her image. Instead she put her surrealist drawings as covers. Hardly a sellout move.

>Grimes did the same with her albums
>Grimes is too new to be properly judged
You directly contradicted herself in two sentences. How did Grimes change the whole electronic scene again?

I didn't contradict myself. The first one is my opinion, the second one is a general statement. Even if it's too soon to judge her influence I reserved my right to do that right now.

How can you judge influence that has yet to occur?

whatever. late 80's or early 90's. still twenty years ahead of grimes. you got my point.

Yeah I wasn't insulting your point I was just worried that I was missing out on some sweet early bloops.

acts I've seen live:
depeche mode
underworld
orbital
kraftwerk
daft punk
the prodigy
the orb
chemical brothers
new order

t. went to electronica shows in the 90s

You can predict it. Also it's not like she's really new. There are already 7 years since her debut. Her influence already started. Some of her famous fans:
Elton John
Purity Ring
Phantogram
Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
Halsey
FKA Twigs
St. Vincent
Charli XCX
Tegan and Sara
Shirley Manson (Garbage)
M83
Sleigh Bells
Sky Ferreira
Ellie Goulding
Chelsea Wolfe
Chairlift
Lorde
Haim
Taylor Swift
Katy Perry
Janelle Monae
Flying Lotus
Nigel Godrich (Radiohead producer)
Christine and the Queens
Four Tet
Carrie Brownstein
Ladytron
M.I.A.
Adele
Madonna
Lady Gaga (she even hired Grimes' collaborator Bloodpop)
Kathleen Hanna
Rihanna
Warpaint
Lauren Mayberry (Chvrches)

are you fucking seriously comparing the critical accaim of afx to grimes???

obviously you are a huge grimes fan but you know nothing about electronic music.

>You can predict it
But that's not what you said. Plus, the fact that an artist has famous fans doesn't mean that she'll be influential. It's all completely baseless so you can attempt to compare her to AFX or ae.

>are you fucking seriously comparing the critical accaim of afx to grimes???
Why not? AFX got more acclaim but both are on a high tier. It's like saying this diamond is more valuable than that diamond. Both are valuable.
>obviously you are a huge grimes fan but you know nothing about electronic music.
>you know nothing about electronic music.
I posted and and I know many more artists. I'm not an expert but I know something about this electronic music.

>Both are valuable
But they're still not comparable.

They are IMO. It's still electronic music.

Luke Slater's 7th Plain - The 4 Cornered Room (1994) is the best techno album from the greatest era of electronic music. It is, in my humble opinion, one of the very best electronic works of the early 90's. Like top 10 good. A personal favorite that has been mostly forgotten by time.

Fuck off james

I'm not talking comparable in terms of sound. One artist has albums upon albums with perfect scores piled on (many made with relatively primitive technology) and is one of the most famous electronic musicians and the other one has two albums with pretty good reviews.

just because you know some names doesn't mean that you understand electronic music.

>they lack something Grimes' music already has: soul and vocals/lyrics.

your own words clearly show that you are far from understanding machine music.

There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread There's a lot of talk about Grimes in a general electronic thread

soundcloud.com/mxxxw/333am

>appeal to authority
Even AFX didn't have perfect scores on all reviews. His album Druqks was almost panned.
You don't know my brain, so please stop making such assumptions. I understand electronic music on a deeper level. But for me it's important the human element. Ae went too far with their robot music. They forgot to be humans.
youtube.com/watch?v=PXYeARRyDWk

I’m not your buddy friend

>appeal to authority
nigga we're literally talking about critical acclaim
that's like saying someone makes an appeal to authority when they look at movie reviews in an attempt to find the most popular movie of a time period.
>didn't have perfect scores on all reviews
do you think that you're arguing against me by saying that? You're not

*most critically acclaimed movie

M O R T
G A R S O N

>nigga we're literally talking about critical acclaim
Nigga, you talked about that, not me. See your post here I only said that

So is not your post?

Excision

>Literally arguing over the internet about an ugly hag with a keyboard.

Fucking whiteknights and autists go back to plebbit.

>All these posts
>Not a single mention of Brian Eno

Let's fix that shall we?

Porter Robinson

Wew lad, nice to see 2011posting

Who?

Whole list is either woman or literally gay.

stop shilling your favorite normie EDM artist, faggot

>EDM
>not Electronic music
>YOUR ELECTRONIC MUSIC ARTIST DOESN'T COUNT, HE HAS TO BE A LITERAL WHO, AVANT GARDEN, EXPERIMENTAL "ARTIST" WITH LESS THAN 10,000 FOLLOWERS TOTAL
OK fag

808 state
Mad dog productions

>claiming I said it wasn't electronic music
>using this as the foundation of your argument
get lost, kid

Looky a prototypical average Sup Forums post

>thread topic: make list of the best electronic artists
>puts up artists who in my opinion I think is one of the most inspired best producers touring/able to see live
>get shit on by retarded old fag still listening to industrial trance or some random garbage
You're the retard here.

yeah.
>afx is the main influence of kid a by radiohead.
>grimes wrote medieval warfare.
both are valuable.

Some people simply can't contain their autistic tendencies desu

>he picks a random grimes song, not even her most representative
Do you see your strong bias here? Why did you pretend that her best songs like Oblivion and Realiti don't exist?
By the way AFX did crap too: Milkman and that equation song to name 2. At least Medieval Warfare was decent.

FIFY:
>radiohead's producer nigel godrich loves grimes's music