Is it possible to attempt to play two sports during the same sporting season (e.g...

Is it possible to attempt to play two sports during the same sporting season (e.g. wrestling and basketball in winter) in the U.S.?

For college and high school please. And if it is possible, does anyone know of any famous athletes that did it and excelled at both sports?

Clearly you don't know Bo

LeBron and Iverson played both basketball and football before they were drafted into the NBA.

football and basketball are in alternating seasons in the U.S.

I'm wondering if there's ever been an athlete that was so great he would only show up certain days to meets/games because some days he would go to the other sport's meets because they coincided with the same season.

I doubt coaches would allow this though and I'm sure the NCAA and state high school orgs have rules against it though. I was just curious if its possible

Bo Jackson played baseball. The baseball and football season overlap heavily.

holy shit I thought he split his NFL and MLB careers into two separate installments but you're right.

how'd the madman do it

+not in college, you idiot. there's a month gap between the end of the college football bowl season and the start of the college baseball season

My man, you must be trolling.

you're retarded man, we aren't talking professionally

Then why bother talking about high school or college when the skill level is much lower

okay so Bo did it professionaly to some extent..

Still wanting to know if anyone has ever done it in college

I want you to do this. Read the OP again, CAREFULLY.

Then I want you to say out loud "I'M A STUPID RETARD WHO CAN'T READ"

then reply to this post

I was asking because I could literally be a state wrestling champ and at the same time all district point guard.

but basketball and wrestling overlap. And I was just curious if the same could be done in college

no, you're a fucking idiot who doesnt have reading comprehension skills

>For college and high school please

A lot of elite athletes were in like 4 sports in high school.
Say Football, Basketball, Track and Field and Baseball

Its almost like the school year divided in 4.

Its less common in college, but sometimes it happens. Football and Baseball. Football and Track and Field. Its because the bigger the program, the more time it consumes. Most recently, Jameis Winstson was a pitcher on the team, as well as the QB in that undefeated regular season. I think Tyreke Hill did Football and Track and Field. Then that Bills guy went to the Olympics in track and field.

I believe the answer is who gives a fuck you stupid faggot. This thread sucks.

No college coach would let you do two sports in the same season, they want you completely committed.

>twn be an athlete so dominant he can play two sports in a season, only showing up for the team that needed him the most that day

That's a cute pupper

it's not possible and it's why the major sports are at different seasons in the US.

thanks I saved him from a burning puppy mill