Post albums that never clicked

Post albums that never clicked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gyDb4szpWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anything by Radiohead for me

Maybe it has something to do with it being overrated and shitty LOL
I'm beginning to have this creeping suspicion that people like Grimes for her Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing she has going on. You can't sit here and tell me this is good, this is fucking retarded.

any animal collective and death grips.
I have gave several listenings to each, but they're horrible

I like Talking Heads but I can't stand this album even if it's considered as one of their best

I actually liked Kid A, but those are the only two albums by them I've heard.

In a way I kinda hate OKC because it's the reason mainstream rock became so clean and bland (like Coldplay, Muse, The Killers).

get out
true patrician

Anything by The Smiths, they're not bad or anything like that, I just don't like them.

this
I only liked AMSP and TKoL

I like stuff like Beach House, Animal Collective, Fleet Foxes, Arcade Fire...

So you would think Grizzly Bear would be right up my alley, right?

Well, let me tell you something.

EXACTLY

Grizzly Bear is lumped with all that goodness because it's from the same time period but it's just garbage. Garbage. I don't particularly care for Arcade Fire either.

It has good moments but it's nothing special in general
Radiohead is nothing more than okay, it's boring and kinda gay
Animal Collective is not my cup of tea too
Talking Heads are okay but this album is seriously bad and ultra overrated on here and on rym
Have you tried The Queen Is Dead at least three times? If not it may be worth giving it another try, really great album

This

Fuck off james brooks

I really liked Visions, but this album got rid of everything that I liked about Grimes. Not to mention that shit tier re-recording of Realiti.

This album and Clear Spot are hard to listen to.

Didn't i just tell you to leave? Gb2 Sup Forums

What are you talking about. It's a solid 6/10 album.

Sure it "clicked" I guess. Only that it clicked in my realization that it's a 6 at best.

Lyrics are alright I guess but there's countless albums that have done the lo-fi post rock better

You must be joking, Clear Spot is his absolute easiest album to get into

So which Misfits albums are the good ones? I feel like everything Scaruffi said about Bowie's shallow aesthetic actually does apply to Misfits.

This, I'm huge into punk but I've never listened to a Misfits song that made me think anything better than "this isn't bad"

Hip Hop bores me so much. I can dig the delivery of some lines but I don't care about lyrics themselves and the concept of the beat is retarded. But I like minimal synth and motorik based kosmiche, so maybe I'm just biased

listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=gyDb4szpWmc

I struggle to understand what is so hard to understand about a super catchy album like AA. Dude, do you even melody?

THIS!

Since I Left You

i find dg as a band really interesting but i can't get into the music

Sampling that much stuff and making it sound cohesive is impressive. its just happy dance-pop made with recycled scraps of songs

strange cos I love Operation Doomsday.

I love prog rock but this is just boring

The Cinema Show and Dancing With The Moonlight does nothing for you?

sorry /mu

Honest to god, it never did. How do I get into this album?

this

Has anyone had a band UNCLICK, happened to me with radiohead kid a was in my top 10
I didnt listen to them for a while and now I cant stand thom yorkes creepy face on every song.

yes, it's called "moved on". I listened A Moon Shaped Pool like 10 times within 2 days and loved it to death when it got released. Since then haven't touched it, and don't feel like doing it

The only one of their albums that has clicked for me was Meat Is Murder. I pretend the s/t track doen't exist.

yeah bro all catchy music is good :^)

How exactly do these albums not "click". They're pretty straightforward and accessible. Unless you mean you just don't like it?

Catchy and innovative like motherfuckin' Kraftwerk. And besides, good or bad are subjective.

Never really got laughing stock or SoE. I enjoy them but pic related is one of my favourite albums so idk why they never clicked.

definitely the best live version on the album

I'm the same way. Hex is an all-time favorite but Talk Talk never captured that sense of atmosphere and empty space, even though they're technically similar.

It's kind of like the earthworm jim of Sup Forums core in terms of how polarizing it is, you either love it, or you hate it

>he compared grimes to kraftwerk

Finally someone who agrees. Fucking hate this album desu.

I prefer Hex too, but I don't think Talk Talk is so similar. Those albums are less focused on atmosphere, and aren't as dark. You guys might like Mark Hollis' solo album more, even though it's pretty similar to SoE and LS

I dunno, something about arrowheads or some shit. It's not very good.

As far as Talking Heads albums go:
MSABAF > 77 > N > FoM > SiT = RiL > TS > LC
No idea why Sup Forums creams itself over RiL

operation doomsday is not the same as this. This album paints its story and themes more broadly than other DOOM albums.

I did. Oblivion is on par with Autobahn. Like Kraftwerk, Grimes makes groovy and hyper-catchy music.

The weird part is that I consider shoegaze "my" genre, yet have never been able to get into the godfather that birthed hundreds of imitators and basically laid the cornerstone.It just comes off as too loud (not in a dense dreamy way like Souvlaki, just grating) and noisy, while the songwriting is nothing to write home about, inconsistent stylistically. Inconsistent mixing too, which is a big pet peeve of mine.

This one took a long time for me. Don't look at it as a post-rock album (it barely is), it's more like a really unique and minimal post-hardcore album. Nothing else has that distinctive creepy tension of the Nosferatu Man riff or the dark vibe of the spoken word vocals.

Grimes doesn't make anything close to groovy and hyper-catchy music

I think the magic in this one is in appreciating the performance. There's a raw intimacy about it and and you kind of just caught up in the passionate energy of it all, especially with Jeff's vocals who often sounds like he's giving it his absolute all.

The OMG SUICIDAL DEPRESSION aspect is overblown to hell by redditors
The main appeal for me is the unique production. It's horrible from any technical standpoint, but ends up working and gives it a raw, cavernous sound that works so well with the gloomy shoegaze and post-punk sound they have. No other band sounds like them

>he didn't listen to her music
I dare you to listen to this song all the way till the end: youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54

would you believe me if i told you ive heard 3 of her albums and simply didn't like any of them?

I used to think Loveless's pop writing was eh and not nearly as good as their earlier work, but then I heard some acoustic covers of the tracks and realized a lot of the melodies could hold up on their own. Not sure what you mean by inconsistent stylistically but the inconsistent mixing is a detractor for me as well.

I would believe you. Would you believe me if I'd tell you that her music could grow on you if you would listen to it more than once?

i just don't get it

I like it, but I feel as if there's something i'm not getting

It only has 2 or 3 tracks I like, everything else is boring and underdeveloped

It's just long jams that sound nice and are easy to get lost in. There isn't much to get. Follow the music with your mind like you would do with any other music

Loveless is sort of this paradoxical mixture of blissout vibes and noisy textures that almost sounds impossible, noise rock of this caliber shouldn't sound this sweet and melodic. It's like it took Psychocandy's feedback buried pop and synergized the two concepts together like they're at peace instead of one smothering the other. There's been sweeter and there's been noisier but few, if any bands have been able to marry the concept like Loveless did. But yeah, the songwriting really wasn't the focus of the album and it shows, anyone wanting songcraft instead of pure textural bliss would be better served by many other acts in the genre. Hell, they'd probably be better served by Isn't Anything. As for mixing, I don't really have much of an issue with it aside from maybe What You Want which clearly has some volume fuckery going on. I've not kept too much of an ear out for that kind of inconsistency, though.

Do people rate this album highly because it was innovative? I find it quite boring

Jazz-influenced improvisation meets innovative sampling approaches. It's basically controlled chaos: the album and it kinda ends up standing at the edge of what a rock album can and can't be, it's way out there.

I agree. The songs just kinda... blend together and are barely distinguishable aside from maybe Sloop John B and Caroline, No

Talking Heads clicked and then declicked for me. Just can't do it anymore

Is this supposed to be boring as sin on purpose?
Same goes for solo Sylvian.

You have to really love Sylvian's voice. He's definitely not for everyone. Do you at least like Ghosts?

this clicked slightly for me very recently after reading david byrne's book
this took years to click
this didn't click until i got really fucking depressed to the point where i wasn't even sad anymore, i was just numb
i don't even know if this clicked for me or not
one of the few albums to click immediately for me
this took awhile too
this album didn't click until i went to my cottage one summer and had this album on my ipod. i went with my family, but i woke up one morning at 5 in the morning and went outside and skipped rocks on the lake with a light fog on it while listening. the theme of isolation being a drug became very clear to me upon that listen and i've loved it ever since

Anything by Swans, it's just too goddamn long.

What am I supposed to get from this album?

this. booooring

Didn't click until I was listening to it at 3am on a snowy night, looking out the window, feeling desolately alone, and regretting all of my choices.

I love it now.

>Swans
>long

You could listen to their pre-Soundtracks albums. The Great Annihilator and Children of God are particularly accessible efforts. Even then, the repetitive mantras don't really go away, they're just shorter. Post-rock Swans are absolute behemoths when it comes to that shit though so I don't entirely blame you. Not everything they've done are 2 hour monsters though.

Start with neofolk/gothic swans. White Light, The Great Annihilator, Children of God are all easy listens for the most part and not too long.

I kind of agree, but the atmosphere it creates is nice. Don't look for the rest of the songs to click, just appreciate the mood
Man, I really can't understand, that album seems pretty immediately appealing to me. The riffs are really good, and there's a great tone to it, with the fuzz and tape distortion. I went into it assuming it'd be shoegaze-y or slow core-y, but it really isn't. It just has a vaguely slow core sound to the riffs and cool production, but doesn't really emphasize it enough to be judged by either genre's standards

For an album touted for its balls to the wall energy it sure does feel like it hits peak crazy at On Sight and quickly tapers off after New Slaves. Honestly, I expected more shit like Feedback and Freestyle 4 from TLOP on this thing.

I'm a sucker for "Sup Forumscore" and these never did much for me. They're all decent, but nothing special. I have listened to Madvillainy many times over roughly 8-9 years and I still don't see how it's lauded so much.

Also pic related more than any I quoted.

Not sure what there is to "click" here. Even if you don't get the lyrics it's still a pretty enjoyable folk album

i think hip hop is meant to have a simple beat to let the lyrics and delivery shine through, if you dont care about lyrics that maybe why you dont like it

I've always liked UP but it clicked harder than usual one quiet night for me. It's production is very distant and dystopian, it's one of those records that shines when you detach yourself from the world for its duration and just let its mood do its thing. Granted, even with all that Closer is still superior so fuck it, just listen to that instead.

I agree, clear spot and safe as mill are what you recommend to people when you think they aren't open enough for trout mask and they're really good. I agree about Doc at the Radar Station though, I find both it and Spotlight Kid impenetrably boring. Beefheart is weird. He has 5 great albums but only 2 of them are consecutive

What the fuck.

How do I learn to like him? I've only listened to half of his discography because I find it a chore to get through, so forgive me. I listened to this like five times fully because of it's high praise and... I don't get it.

The only good Grizzly Bear albums are Yellow House and Veckatimest, but they're both god-tier

So if you haven't, just go with those

agreed user. I hate this album

listen to earthmover at least

I like Tunnels and Wake Up, but most of the album seemed meh to me. I have no idea how this is considered one of the greatest indie rock albums of all time, which is weird given how much I like most of the other well regarded albums in the genre.

i dont get how you dont get this album ,

I can't see the big thing in this

then you did end up liking something from radiohead
that guy said he never liked ANYTHING you silly goose

"Heroes" was better.

This one for me. Also Can, I just don't enjoy them.

this or any swans for that matter. just don't see the appeal at all

how does someone not enjoy this?

>lo fi post rock
did you even listen to the album buddy

This is literally my favourite album of all time, I would say if you were to like it, it would have been a rather immediate click, but if not maybe give it another go another time. If it doesn't do it for you then, I just think it might not be the album for you.