What do you think about steak?

What do you think about steak?

Fucking delicious, if prepared correctly - which is rare - medium rare. If you don't eat steak at least once a week, you're missing a lot.

I think ribeye, medium rare.

A good steak isn't exactly cheap.

i think i lack the infrastructure to cook steak.

all i have is like, a fucking skillet.

I don't buy it unless it's the finest, from Wegmans or a high-end place like that (about $40-50). I hate cheap shit

If it's cast iron and you also have an oven, you're good to go.

A good steak weighs about 200 - 300 grams. If you prepare it yourself (considering you got it from a local butcher), you shouldn't pay more than 5€. But obviously i'm talking about German prices. I know food is disgustingly expensive in the states.

A propane grill is the best option

Debatable, but in any case far from necessary.
>inb4 Hank Hill memes

Ribeye, 2 inches thick, cooked medium rare served with asparagus, baby sweetcorn, buttered baby potatoes and a pan jus

Nnngh, getting a semi just thinking about it

Not knowing youre being ripped off for the exact same thing is priceless though

Like. Subscribed to you. Hope for more quality content.

Fucking drool, that looks delicious.

For steak, you're insane.

Actually not insane, I agree, there's just something a gas grill adds to a steak you can't replicate

ive been on a strict diet for about six months
I mess the hell out of steak

Best way to cook a steak is on a skillet

Pretentious plebs pls leave

Actually tried this myself once. Low heat, closed lid (time depending on weight/cut of meat). I cooked a 450g ribeye like this, singlehandedly the most amazing steak I have ever tasted.

Steak is fuckin gross. I'd rather eat ribs.

since op got a lot of replies...
what can i do with top sirloin steak? i got them because they were on sale and i don't have the fucking slightest.

Grill with garlic butter on highest setting for 4 min 45 seconds on each side and baste with melted garlic butter at the end. Serve with potatos and asparagus

That's some pansy ass fillet mig-none, this is a real mans steak!

What the fuck is that

A most excellent rib eye steak

Who here /extrarare/

So, you made a hamburger out of unground beef?

[insert reply here]

too small

But seriously, slow and low for a steak is like making a tiny pot roast, or a solid hamburger.

Tomahawks all the way baby. Or ribeye. Pic related cooked these 2" monsters last weekend.

I think I don't eat enough of it.

Nice.

I concur with this user.

Steak is overpriced. I'd rather lesser-quality cuts ground up and made into a burger.

Other things I prefer over steak: Pulled pork, short ribs, meatloaf, meatballs, a pork roast cooked for 6 hours in a crock pot with potatoes, carrots, and onions.

I'm very fucking hungry. Gonna go get Thai food (also better than steak).

High heat to sear then low with closed lid to heat the middle slightly as it was a rather thick steak, I'm tired and not doing so well with words. It was actually the first time I ever tried rare steak. Before that, I ate rubbery crap not fit to sole my shoes with

Slow-cooked, honey-roasted ham is the only thing that beats steak. Although a nice Thai green curry is almost on par

Currently waiting for wifey to be ready to go out to dinner. This thread is going to kill me first...

i like the idea for the sides. i was leaning that way anyway. i'll try this method and post pics or make a thread. thanks.
they're about an inch thick. is that okay?

Well done and smothered in ketchup, mmm MMM!

er, fuck. i'll throw a thread up on /ck/ once i make this. sorry. forgot where i was for a moment.

Thread's about dead, plus waiting for a woman to get ready would probably be the cause of death.

>Flame grill
>Nitrosamines

Enjoy your ass cancer and all the anal probing fun that goes with it.

Good with ketchup

I do enjoy a steak on a charcoal grill from time to time, but mainly cook inside. Skillet as hot as it can get, two minutes each side, 500f oven for about five minutes. Toss on some seasoned garlic butter. Perfect for me.

Missing a lot of cancer cells maybe

It's okay. I don't see why basic bitches everywhere are obsessed with it, honestly.

This is an excellent way to treat steak. Melted butter over the top while it rests... Beautiful.

I think it is lovely, enjoy opie...

You are on it user,,,,, a tip of my hat to you sir!

it good

I dont get why so many people jizz over it. It's just not that great to me. Went to a 5 star steak house with family. They get the steaks. I get the ribs. They're ooing and ahhing over their steaks, so I request a bite. Meh, really nothing special. Would rather have my ribs. Steak in bland in general. I'll take a gourmet burger over a streak any day. Or hell, even a Wendy's burger of a steak.

Put it inside a vacuumed small plastic bag with butter and grated garlic, plunge into a 57°C water bath for 15 minutes, then caramelize the surface with a blowtorch.

sous vide is not available to everyone. charcoal grills have been the standard for home cooks for quite a long time.

New York Strip is the best cut. Filet Mignon is too lean and Ribeye is too fatty. Also well-done and covered with ketchup.

Do you have a small beer/beverage cooler?
You suck the air out of the plastic bag with a straw (you don't need to reach perfect vacuum), you put 57°C water inside your cooler, put the bag inside, close the lid, wait 15 minutes.

Then you can just caramelize on a hot pan for a few seconds.

>Be vegan

dinner

i might try this one day. shouldn't i start out with slightly hotter water so that it hits the target temp for longer during heat loss?

Here you go, vegan:

>prepare pasta
>sautee greens in olive oil
>add coconut milk to canned pureed pumpkin until right sauce consistency (about equal parts)
>mix everything in sautee pan, bring sauce to boil then simmer. Salt and pepper

Tastes neither coconuty or pumpkiny, decent and filling.