Is it possible to not get addicted to certain foods and shit?

Is it possible to not get addicted to certain foods and shit?

For example: I've smoked cigarettes, drunk alcohol/coca cola (and other soft drinks), coffee, etc. for a long time but only whenever I felt like doing so. I've never felt the need to smoke a cigarette or drink a cup of coffee. I've gone for months without having consumed any of those things if I didn't feel like having them.

I wonder how far I can take this. Could I consume cocaine/heroin without getting addicted to it?

cigarettes require a physical addiction, so if you don't smoke often and don't associate smoking with day to day activities then you are usually fine. only alcoholics can get addicted to alcohol. if you are an alcoholic, you were an alcoholic before you took your first drink. caffeine is nothing, any addiction to caffeine wears off in a few days.

cocaine, idk. I have done coke but never got hooked. some people do, so it might be a person to person thing. anything harder than cocaine is going to create an addiction, tho. it shuts down the parts of your brain that would normally inhibit you desire to use.

this guy is ignorant

I remember when I went overseas last year, I spent an entire month smoking cigarettes because, well, why the fuck not. There was nobody there to tell me not to. I guess a month isn't long enough to really get hooked onto them. I have found it odd that I've got some friends who've only had a few cigarettes before I've seen them get really hooked. One friend in particular is now buying a pack a week and he only started smoking earlier this year.

I guess caffeine isn't that big of a deal, but I see a lot of people seem dependent on drinking a cup of coffee in the morning or the afternoon to keep them awake during the day. And there's a lot of fat/obese people who seem to only want to drink soft drinks all the time instead of water.

I don't know, man. It's well worth a try. What have you got to lose?

nah, I'm pretty sure I know more about this subject than you do. stay mad tho, world always needs ditch diggers.

>only alcoholics can get addicted to alcohol. if you are an alcoholic, you were an alcoholic before you took your first drink.

alcohol absolutely has addictive properties. no way do I buy the "you were just always an alcoholic" bullshit.

you should try meth or crack

and there are people who don't believe in a lot of things science has been conclusively proving for decades. if alcohol itself is addictive, then you need to account for all the people who binge drink but never get addicted.

source plz ? :3

My dad is an alcoholic, this guy needs to fuck off, doesn't know what he's talking about. Alcohol is addictive.

I got addicted to eating pussy once

Fuck off furry uwu

I've smoked cigarettes every day for like a year without getting addicted, just chose to stop one day and literally had no "withdrawel" or anything of the sort. Didn't even crave them. Same goes for weed, smoke everyday but currently am on a break, no problem at all.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The "functioning alcoholic" myth?

A pack of cigarettes a week is nothing. I used to be a smoker, smoked for 10 years before quitting, I'd smoke about a pack a day. I've known people who can smoke 3-4 packs a day. Now that's fucking addicted.

Either way you seem kind of stupid and young so I suggest just avoiding drugs in general.

Binge drinking is a form of addiction dumbass.

there is literally a gene which if active makes you immune to certain kinds of addictions. i remember reading a biochemistry journal abstracting this discovery. but i don't think that particular gene was responsible for addictions related to alcoholism... primarily nicotine

LMFAO what a fucking joke. Ever tried self-control? Not just following your biological robotic impulses?

Good God. Addiction isn't fucking real. All it is is a failure to self-control. Just stop fucking doing it. Put down the cigs. Put down your "soda pop" you fucking child.

Jesus Christ, this is why America is getting completely shower-raped by the rest of the world. Bunch of weak impotent pathetic faggots who can't even control their own mind and body.

My man did you even read my post? I explained how I can't seem to get addicted to any of these things.

Alcohol can be made into a physical addiction easily...

Reaf about ozzy Osbourne and his crazy genes regarding addiction and drugs

That image would be better with a camel toe.
>Fix'd
>You're welcome!

Damn, how much does one of these cost?

What a dumbass learn how to read before you open your shit filled mouth, you holier than thou cum gargling bitch

Do you feel any pleasure from eating certain foods, smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol?
If not, then that's why.
People are getting addicted to lets say coke or heroin due to it's effects.
That high is the best thing for some people that they want to re-experience it over and over again, which at some point, they won't be able to stop anymore (heroin gets you addicted mentally at first, then physically after regular use, coke is just mentally addictive).

If you feel like you're able to handle those drugs without getting hooked to them, then go for it. No one's stopping you.

dubs of truth

no, he's not.

t. recovering alcoholic/addict who still chain smokes and loves coffee and likes to study shit like this

i DRINk a redbull a day and some coca-cola during the day too, if i dont i get really edgy and everything makes me angry, but this contain addictive shit.
I dont really think you can get addicted to food unless you mix something like exists in cocacola or redbull etc.

this guy is fucking retarded

i've heard you can get addicted to high-fructose cornsyrup, but I have no idea how true this is.