Sees that he's turning into the very thing he hates ie. a mainstream sellout

>sees that he's turning into the very thing he hates ie. a mainstream sellout
>tons of bandwagoning retards who don't really understand his music buying albums and going to his concerts
>stores at the mall start selling grunge fashion with ripped jeans and flannel shirts
>also even worse, bands like Bush and Candlebox are starting to emerge
>decides to end it all rather than be a corporate sellout

Was there ever a guy with more artistic integrity in music history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbUWONCyV3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who cares

ripped jeans and flannel were around before nirvana you know

ever notice how only self-important & depressed i'm suffering for my arty types have 'artistic integrity'

You
since you responded to this thread.

nuh uh

Too bad, Kurt. You should have thought about that before you signed with Geffen and shot MTV videos.

this

lol this. "i have artistic integrity because i don't know any way to be besides a self involved socially awkward asshole so i decided all my suffering is for a greater purpose."

t. curtis's mommy

He was a cunt who produced edgy mediocre music and you fucking know it deep down you boring cunt.

Yeah fuck that shit. There's so much mythology about Cobain being a tortured poet-genius that it's ridiculous. The reality is that he wanted to be a rock star really really badly, but when he got his wish, realized it wasn't all it cracked up to be and he killed himself from the pressure of fame plus chronic stomach pain from being a junkie.

Also he was an edgy immature little faggot who didn't want to help his peers get noticed, he only ever namedropped veteran 80s alternative acts like the Pixies and Sonic Youth. He also talked shit about his peers constantly saying they were fake sellouts and whatnot when the guys in Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam had been active in the Seattle scene since before he even started Nirvana.

Nah, he just couldn't deal with life and needed a fucking therapist.

Feeling of self-importance and suffering are important for art. If you don't have a huge ego, you wouldn't even think that whatever you have to say is worth recording. Suffering is necessary for the content to be meaningful.

Why the fuck do you think people get into art in the first place? They want to express themselves and can't do much else.

It's just idiots confuse "integrity" with "quality". that virgin faggot mass murderer had artistic integrity too, just absolutely no skill to make his manifesto worth anything.

>plus chronic stomach pain from being a junkie
Maybe some of that and also he lived on an extremely inadequate diet.

>ends own life and possibility of any further artistic content ~40 years early
Oh yeah such care for his arts muh good suicide 9/10 too messy

if John Frusciante ODed in 1994, think of all the fantastic music we'd have missed.

>Implying he wasn't murdered by Courtenay Love

I heard he was actually a junkie partially because of stomach pain caused by his fucked up spine,

>writes song called "i hate myself and wanna die"
>was a junkie
>had bipolar
>kills himself
"oh no! why did he do it?!? it must've been Courtney!

I like Nirvana but it's undeniable that Kurt was a retard.

He would get mad at MTV executives for not playing Nirvana videos enough, he signed Geffen, then he cries about mainstream and fame and thinks this would give him some underground credit.

Also dude married Courtney Love, he asked for everything that happened to him.

>writes teen spirit
>krist and dave didn't like it
>forces them to play it for 2 hours

youtube.com/watch?v=EbUWONCyV3I

>fantastic
elaborate