HOT SAUCE THREAD

HOT SAUCE THREAD

Talk about your favorite sauces
Do you have a favorite sauce?
Dislike a sauce?
Reasons why?

Just a general talk thread about hot sauces

>P.S. samefag from weeks before
>(We didn't do a sauce thread last week)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Professor-Phardtpounders-Colon-Cleaner-Sauce/dp/B003S2SVAI/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509856935&sr=8-2&keywords=colon cleaner hot sauce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have Texas Pete sauce in the image, fuck off back to Tumblr

Stock photos fag, and why is Texas Pete the Tumblr sauce? I've never had it before

I got this salsa made with ghost peppers. Shit is awesome.

i only use tobasco. i had a stromboli pizza the other day and put tobasco on it and that really made the taste of the pepperoni and sausage pop.

Sriracha diluted with ketchup - fuckin spicy

The cholula garlic isn't bad but I'm not a hot sauce person so... I'll take sweet chili or my homemade bbq

im not super picky but TJ Maxx sells some weird Iguana hot sauce where it looks like its tripping acid on the front of the bottle.

Usually above average hot sauce too. Not bad.

Favorite sauce has gotta be good old tobasco - probably the most versatile and not anything you're gonna wish you didn't eat afterword
That being said, I love hotter sauces too - I have a bottle of this trinidad scorpion sauce and a couple of drops of it fucks my asshole wide open

sriracha + eggs is a god tier breakfast combo

mrs refrinos ghost pepper salsa is actually tasty and has a decent kick. would recommend in guac too for a spicy dip

however my taste buds are fried... sriracha tastes like ketchup

This. I never understood.why you would want to eat all the seeiuosly.spocy shit. Burns out your taste buds so you can taste anything also like above user said destroys your asshole the next day. What is the draw. I fucking.hate spicy food most hot sauces taste like absolute ass. Why do you do it to yourselves. Sweating while eating and.being generally miserable while eating just doesn't sound appealing

>spicy vinegar vs spicy sugar

Sambal Oelek is where it's at.

some people don't actually have spicy shits. I was surprised to hear that as someone who gets rekt, but I guess it's a genetic draw whether you process more or less of the capsaicin.

that said, spicy and tasty > just spicy every time. spicy red thai curry is the best food ever

pussies that think they're acting manly.

thoughts on the green siracha from wegmans?

I really enjoy tapatio its not that spicy but the flavor is really good and I can put it in just about anything

If you don't put this on everything, you're a faggot.
Best hot sauce ever and it's actually hot.

If you eat any "Tex-Mex" without Cholula, you're a dumb fucking faggot who deserves genital rot.

i hope you're from the US south. texas preferably

Actually, Florida. Unless you go out into the strawberry, watermelon and orange fields, you can't get real Mexican food. Just Tex-mex slop, which is only edible slathered in Cholula.

Got this one in Mexico, great on eggs

Tastes like shit

I've been on a kick with this one lately. Smokey flavor with a pretty solid spice level

Hot Ones - The Last Dab.

Cholula, great flavor and heat addition without overpowering other ingredients

Confirmed faggot.

florida has some good tex mex, yeah. better seafood though.. it's hard to best texas for tex mex. san antonio, el paso, all so good

i like cholula, has a rich pepper flavor. but, i do like when my wife puts tabasco on her homemade american style tacos. tabasco is not great but wth. ps Maria's Salsa made in LA is the best SALSA on earth. its at Winco in Cali at least. Peri Peri sauce is something different, hard to get. louisiana chili flavored is different too.

now i want shrimp

Faggot confirmed.

Flying Goose Sriracha is the only Hot Sauce you'll ever need. Tabasco is too sour imo.

didnt know cholula was the tex mex sauce. that makes me happy

holy fuck I miss peel n eats from florida so bad. watch the boat come in and then have em boil it right there with that old bay blend they all use. fuck.

Louisiana style hot sauce is god tier,

places to find flying goose? I would say china town but it's a thai thing, I didn't realize they did an extra hot

Recently got a bottle of this stuff. It's a mustard and habenaro based sauce, and it's fucking awesome on sandwiches

>
faggots.

Only man in this thread.

Sriracha is my favorite for asian food, due to it's texture and flavor (I don't really know what is in it but it goes well with soy sauce on rice with chicken tempura or beef and broccoli).

Tabasco used to be my favorite since I grew up with it, but I lost my love for it over time. It is still my go to for wings, because I have a sauce recipe that includes heating it in a saucepan with butter, garlic, and a few other things. It's a family recipe and makes the best damn deep fried hot wings you'll ever have, especially when you dip them in sour cream. It's also still my go to for my eggs, bacon and toast on a saturday morning.

For everything that isn't wings, eggs or asian, I use Frank's Red Hot. The garlic buttery flavor is amazing and is pretty similar to my home made wing sauce, only I don't have to make it by hand. I put that shit on everything.

Good thread OP.

>being a hot ones fan
>not understanding you need different hot sauces with varying heat levels

Subscribe to Fuegobox, get 3 random hot sauces every month. Got one today that's got a pumpkin flavor that they recommend in your coffee or ice cream. Tried it on a Reese's cup, not gonna lie it wasn't bad

Dunno where to get it in the US but in Germany you can get it at a normal Supermarket (Not Discounter)

bufalo or crystal

in b4 your shitty opinion

YES!
It's just right on everything!

Stoo fucking up our thread with your pathetic ego stroking samefaggotry.

Tastes like garbage and it's just a little too hot for most people's tastes. Don't be a fag that says that ooohhh this isn't hot enough. Fuck you.

Cholula actually tastes like roasted peppers and has nice heat without overpowering the flavor.

Everything else is shit. Texas Pete is the worst because its flavor profile is solely heat and vinegar.

That's my jam, but try the green stuff too.

>What is the draw?
I love the variety of tastes/heat from different peppers. Peppers also can make foods taste much better and less bland . Sometimes a little is all you need. All the stuff you're talking about doesn't really happen to most people unless they get something up there in the Scoville units. At that rate it's their fault. I also never had my tongue messed up from having too much hot sauce. Also peppers have been proven to release "feel good" endorphins so that can be a reason too.

From not hot to hot. Also account for flavor.

1. Crystals
2. El Yucateco
3. Secret Aardvark Sauce
4. Queen Majesty Scotch Bonnet
5. Dirty Dicks
6. Pain is Good
7. Rouge Moruga Blood Orange
8. Da Bomb
9. Mad Dog 357 Original
10. NOPE don't need any hotter.

i'm in canada but thanks, yeah the hot sauce selection is huge at the normal grocery stores, I normally go to asian or italian import places for my hot stuff, I normally get huy gong (rooster) siracha, I use it on literally everything so it would be nice to try some of the variant ones from wild goose

I bought this today. Anyone try it before?

Oh look, a fucking idiot!

Tobasco. Hands down. No argument. You can all go home now.

It's a cultural thing. For instance, Mexicans and Indians grow up on spicy food, and so it doesn't affect them nearly as much.

I grew up on spicy wings 2-4 times a week (we were poor and this was back in the day when wings weren't considered "cool," they were thought of as trash and sold by the 10lb bag). I also grew up with tabasco on my eggs, hot sauce on my sandwiches, ass-blasting chili... by time I was in my teens I could eat shit that would make a normal person sweat buckets without a single negative side effect, except maybe the occasional drip of sweat on the forehead.

For many people in other countries and in the south, this is just how we do.

Lol you're an idiot. Tex mex > mex mex. You just live in Florida so your tex mex sucks. That's like living in Nebraska and complaining that their new England claim chowder isn't very good.

>spicy vinegar
No
>spicy sugar
Yes. Mango habanero candy is best candy and I'm not even mexican.

runningonempty when he grows up

This is what I've gotten from Fuegobox so far, the verde and dragon ones are pretty pro

I have 6 of those in the pic. I wouldn't consider any of them hot sauce. Dave's insanity Sauce is my fav.

Kek, Missouri has better Texmex than Texas.

I wOuLdN't CoNsIdEr AnY you fucking faggot

what does everybody have against sriracha, I always see people complaining about it but I can't understand why

This is about the dumbest shit I've ever seen on this website.

>habanero mustard
WHERE DO I FIND THIS
I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE BUT I DO

You are a cringy faggot and you should kys

nice trips. But you're a fucking idiot if you think sriracha is good. You can't even spell it.

you are wrong on so many levels.

don't even start on your bbq either, heathen

amazon.com/Professor-Phardtpounders-Colon-Cleaner-Sauce/dp/B003S2SVAI/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509856935&sr=8-2&keywords=colon cleaner hot sauce

>what's the draw?
I prefer eating less food with more flavor, it helps me save money and keep my weight down. As well I find chili and other spice really bring out the other flavors in a dish, a good hout & sour pork manages to take little bits of pork fat, generally just overly fatty and not great imo, and really makes it wonderful, full of garlic and a constant clash of the fat cutting the heat and the sauce rushing back in to bring it back. I also haven't had any sinus issues since I moved out of my dorm and began cooking for myself again and eating hot sauce

Tabasco, Sriracha and Sambal are the only hot sauces I need.
As an aside. Cholula isn't hot sauce, it's flavor sauce. It has so little spice in it that it actually cools down food it's put on.

OH sorry bro I didn't know I was messing with a hard-core hot sauce enthusiast please sir forgive me

I... I don't know how I feel about this but you have piqued my curiosity good sir.

Mustard

This is very good hot sauce. Give it a try, faggots.

Yeah, the green one is pretty good. That's what got me started with this brand. My go to for these guys is the XXXtra Hot version. It's basically just minced habaneros. Mix it with a little of this and you'll be in taco truck heaven

Soylent.

KYS.

99% sure it's bait. Everyone knows food in the Midwest is shit.

Dunno about mustardb but there's Habanero Hot sauce by HEINZ it does have some Sourness, but also a fairly decent hotness.

best hot sauce for popcorn? I've begun tossing my popcorn in salt & siracha and I'm wondering if there's a better hot sauce for it

Edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger

Please kill yourself for this comment

Fake news.

I wouldn't call it good, but when you want something to add to food for people who do not like spicy food it's good enough
(about the spelling, drunkposting as always)

I truly hope so. otherwise I pray this dude gets somewhere with real food at some point in his unfortunate Missouri bound life. can't blame the dude for being born there but I can feel sad for him

Yep this

it's the Born to Hula Harvest in my pic here

doesn't look like you can get it outside the sub box

Popcorn with Hot sauce? I get Nachos with Hot Sauce, but for Popcorn I'd go for a fuckton of salt.

i find the chili accents the salt, there was a siracha flavoured salt that ran a while ago that gave me the idea to try siracha, i feel like it could work as well with a sweeter hot sauce too, or just other hot sauces in general

Our BBQ is fucking awesome. Grilled so the fat is crispy and the insides are pink... not to mention STL has the most variety in cultures throughout the whole country, save maybe New York. We got a shit ton of Mexicans, Italians, Germans, Bosnians/Albanians, Southern Black people from families that came here before slavery ended and carried theor southern family cooking with them, ex-Texasians, ex-Californians... so our BBQ competitions here take cultural hints from 1000 different cultural influences. Shit is casher than any illegal alien hole in the wall "restaurant" down in your territory.
You must be new, then. I've seen dumber things posted by the handful in the last half hour alone.
Food in the midwest is shit. Food in St. Louis is not. Remember kids, St. Louis, Colorado, and Chicago are not part of the midwest in spirit or culture.

I have a Louisiana style one but it too concentrate to really be enjoyable on popcorn, it's more of a sauce to add to gumbo n such

hello hot ones

very true, bless up the food in chiraq, but people from the burbs there can get fucked

Sorry dude I don't buy Heinz. Gross shit, the whole lot -- from ketchup to mustard to their pathetic excuses for BBQ sauce. No offense but ew.
I love you. Gonna buy this and put this shit om roast beef and swiss baked sammiches.

You spelled it the same way he did...

Nigga u wot?

Sriracha is my go to all-purpose sauce. I haven't found anything it doesn't taste good one.

Secret Aardvark is dope when I want something a tad hotter and interesting.

Have a few from Lucky Dog, they are all solid.

Bigfat's 708 is a must-have in the chorizo/sweet potato chili I make

This. I normally can't go through a single day with the ability to breathe through both nostrils unobstructed at some point, thanks to allergies. Hot sauce (and horse radish and wasabi) fixes this for me.

yeah but that texas smoked brisket is literally the best thing since sex

and by that logic every major city in the midwest isn't 'part of the midwest in spirit or culture'

...which actually is probably true. shit

Oh no, an autist ironically spoke like an autist on a Korean taco forum! Better tell him to kill himself!

Frank’s is shit tier, Huy Fong Sriracha is god tier, Tobasco is a decent medium and Texas Pete is decent. Louisiana’s is pretty good too.