youtube.com/watch?v=2BIQ_z-lAuA
youtube.com/watch?v=0Y6nIOz5TQg
youtube.com/watch?v=bavZbQHbuOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's up faggot

im up, drunk, what up nigger

Whats going on ?

Who dares disturb me?

Lately I've been seriously missing my dad that passed away 12 years ago today, i turn 24 in two months and i still don't know how to cope with it and i guess really all I'm asking is, have any of you bros had to cope with loss? Did you come out a stronger person?

Get past today, I swear it's the full moon that just gets everyone feeling depressed. I'm never like this but today I feel like a total emotional mess and I can't do anything but wallow

Bullshit I feel like this all the time

another great dubs of truth
I think the same thing man, i don't feel like this 99% of the time, after a few drinks and some good times with friends, I'm left at the end of the night thinking about how depressed i am and i absolutely hate it.

Sorry didnt mean to post slow version.
youtube.com/watch?v=NY8IS0ssnXQ

not really a loss as much as some pretty bad depression, and some legal things.. I'm 28. wouldn't say i've came out stronger, just alcoholic basically. been getting by though

Spend money and do shit with some friends. I personally don’t really take death too hard because we all die and he is in a better place perhaps. Honestly, just socialize with friends and have fun

this is actually really nice

There has been some shit in my life. I don't know if I came out stronger but I definitely came out different and I prefer the person I am today to the person I was then

Thats all i've been doing, now can i ask you..
Do you have this opinion on death as someone who has lost people close to them or as someone who has never really experienced what its like to lose a loved one?

When you say some shit, do you mean like you got bullied when you bought your ds too school or some actual shit? I'm sorry if I'm under mining what you may have went through, there's a lot of faggots on this site.

even better

It’s funny you ask, I watched my mother die of a heart attack and tried to bring her back but got the death confirmation when the paramedics arrived to my house when I was 18, not I’m 21. I never cried in or out of the funeral and I took some time, avoided everything, played a bunch of video games from my child hood, and eventually started socializing with friends; I feel that friends or spending time with someone I care about makes a big difference, but make sure your friends aren’t fake douche bags.

Don't worry about fishing, it was some proper shit. The suicide of someone close to me at a really bad time kind of thing. It still makes me very sad to think of it but overall I feel I'm a better person

youtube.com/watch?v=jxZw3lcki2U

I just don't want to turn to alcohol because thats what killed my dad in the first place, and at 24 years old i already see a lot of similarities between him and I.

Thank you so much for sharing that with me man, my dad passed away from liver cancer that he could have beaten if he had only stopped drinking, so to see a story like this truly puts me into perspective.
Also i'm very sorry for your loss my dude, that is terrible.

ah i see. i get scared for myself sometimes. took a week off recently just to make sure i could. had hypnic twitch and cold sweats for 2/3 days. I just can't take the boredom and depression of being sober even though i know that's not normal, i think

That must have been hard to deal with, do you feel like it made you a better person because you got through the grief it caused you, or because it taught you something about life?

Hell yeah, good taste Sup Forumsro

I think getting through the grief and not letting it consume me was the important part. If you just dwell in life lessons I can imagine that being a slippery slope downwards

No problem, I was raised in a very masculine family so I don’t know if that’s a factor of why I take it less harshly, but what I’m also saying is try to do a childhood hobby, it brings a lot of nostalgic moments I just don’t know why it made me happier and help me avoid those thoughts during that time. I played childhood video games and learned about them deeply and just pretended I was a kid where I didn’t have to worry about anything. Anyway, I hope you do well, faggot.

Video poster here.
>31/M
>Been drinking since I was about 18
>Drank more and more as the years went by.
>Ruined many, many relationships with alcohol and just being socially retarded in general.

I think if you still have people you care about and want to hang out with, learn to curb the heavy drinking. At least try to tone it down with beer.

I pretty much drink now because the people I cared about most passed away or moved away.

I figure nothing really matters anymore, but I still find things to do other than drink. I.e. Video games, cytube, anime, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=2BIQ_z-lAuA

Good morning

wait how many of us fags here are drinking? also Im interested in the makeup of our alcohol consumption (I am the autism). I have rum what's everyone else have?

It's just hard for me friend,
my dad would have beaten the liver cancer if he hadn't been a stinking drunk for 20 years of his life, and i already see myself falling down that slippery slope and it scares the shit out of me

It's more like good night here in the US, 3:22am on the east coast

As in right now? Mate its 8:23 in the morning where I am

I'm sober atm. I did have the choice to get drunk today, but I kept myself occupied. The important thing is to rember that there's always things to do to stay entertained. Rember there's a brotherhood for you here, my brother. Go with the flow, and experience life at your own pace, but always try to be a better person eventually. Rember, some people care.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y6nIOz5TQg

youtube.com/watch?v=bavZbQHbuOk

When I was younger, I was a dumb kid. I would spend my time with a lot of fucking fantastic, yet idiotic friends. They were my family. They were also a bunch of druggies. many of em are dead now. I look back and have a pit in my stomach knowing we all wont be sitting down listening to blues tripping out and chilling. Fond memories are all I have left. But, that's okay. That's life. That's part of the experience. I know that nothing lasts forever, our friendship and those moments included. What I do instead, is that I choose to realize the grim nature of their passing, and focus on those happy fun moments we had. Initially, I saw it as depressing. I had continuous thoughts of "why can't I have that again", "why can't I be young again", "I wish I could go back" etc.
Then I eventually rose from that, and found that the greatest feeling is looking back and laughing at all the stupid shit we did. I had one buddy who literally tried to fucking steal a giant ass McDonalds sign so he could post it in his room as bragging rights, because he was into fat chicks and wanted to lure them in with a story. His logic was awful, but it still cracks me up thinking of him trying to dig around this little old school mcdonalds sign we had in our bum fuck nowhere town. Don't let your dads passing become something that downs you. He wouldn't want that. I know that for my kid, though somewhat young right now, if I were to pass anytime soon, I would hope he could smile over the experiences we shared and learn from them, rather than become saddened over my passing.
I'm just some old sack of shit who's made countless mistakes, but hell, that's my view. Cherish those moments, learn from what you can, enjoy life, live life like your dad would've guided you (granted that he was a good influence). I'm no religious man, but think he's looking down on you cheering you on, wishing you the best in life. Because whether or not that exists, I'm sure he would be if he could.

But like,
Thats just some anonymous post on an image board, I can't even remember the last time someones said to me that they care, i don't have any friends that are close enough to even get what I'm going through, so i feel like all i can turn to is complete strangers :(

Its just,
My dad passed when i was 11 so the very few memories i have of him was him dealing with his divorce and leaving my mother

Welp, try coming over to V4C on cytube.
Sup Forums filters the link, so I can't post it.
But google v4c cyutbe and come chat with everybody. It's more of a hangout than chatroom, but at least you cna id yourself and know people and make friends.

Well, to be fair, it's easier to take note of the memories that were harsh and/or negative, especially at a younger age such as that. Even then, by that logic, the memories you have of him aren't absolutely fantastic, so why be upset over his passing to such an extent?

Today i went out on a friends boat, with his dad and his recently new born son
It just makes sad that he will never get see the man i am today, that if i ever have a kid he will never get to meet his grandpa

If this is real yes. I have lost alot of people i have genuinely loved. But life goes on man. It's hard to forget them tho. I feel you. I remember them and i get very depressed. Just keep your head up and try to remember the good times you had.

My father died when I was 12. I turn 31 in July. 18 years ago this November 22nd and still take the day off to myself every year. I used to get up early and visit his grave; really make the whole day about remembering him but I no longer live in the same state.

I'm not stronger because of it and there really isn't a correct way to deal with it. Some days or weeks are worse than others and all you do is deal with it by finding something, anything that makes you happy one day at a time. And if that is still too much you take it just one hour at a time.

nice dubs but its like i said to My dad passed when i was only 11 so when i try to remember the good times, all i think about his him being sick in the hospital, and dealing with the divorce with my mom

I don't even know the exact day he died man, thats the sad truth that even though I'm sobbing with all the nice people in this thread, i can't even remember when he died..

Yeah. I'm not sure of the circumstances of his passing, but either way, the best you can do is be a great father if you do ever have a kid. Be the father you wish you had. If there is a god, your father would smile down seeing what you're doing and how your feeling now as well. If there isn't, he isn't aware and won't know what he's missing, but you can still cherish the thought of becoming that which you wish you received, giving someone, your very own child, a gift that they may not appreciate now, but will grow to cherish more than many things in the world.

had rum, bourbon, and some vodka. also realized i'm in love wiht my best friend. she's fuckin great like holy fucking shit she's awesome

I lost one of my best friends growing up he just died one day. Another's girl my first real live also died young. Im 20s now and it hasn't gotten much easier just me being more numb. Sometimes tho being numb is better i feel like if I wasn't i would be dead. So yea deaden yourself it helps. If that's what you mean by stronger

WOW
Quads of truth telling me i need to kill myslef
jUst GR8

I mean stop caring and be cold it helps man. Not actually kill yourself. You cam still function and not give a fucking shit about anything and if it comes up again drink.booze is your friend

i don't know what that feel is, but i know it means u need a hug. I wish i could give u a real hug but i don't know where u live so i'll give u a e hug

Does it get worse seasonally or historically at a certain point every year? If you can't remember or don't know the day he died, just pick a day and choose to remember honor him the same day every year. Maybe you're just feeling worse/depressed lately because you feel guilty you forgot the day he died or guilty you never knew?

Your so right man, a good ass hug would seriously help so much rn

It seems to get worse just as other things start going better in my life.
I just got a very well deserved promotion at work and I'm afraid I'm going to fuck it all up because I'm having a hard time even finding a reason to get out of bed that day

Booze, ultimately, is what killed my father and started this whole thread tho

Seems like when something good happens maybe instinctively you want to tell your father, but then are reminded he isn't there. If that's the case and you know where he is buried or if he has a tombstone, go tell him about the things that are happening in your life. I moved half way around the country so I can't visit his grave anymore but some days I'll just lay in bed and talk quietly to the ceiling as if I was talking to his headstone. I know it seems odd, but it strangely helps at times.

My mother always brought me to his headstone when it first happened and all it did was make me feel even more anxious and confused about how i really felt about him. It's not something i was ready to deal with at 11 years old so i feel like now at 23 its to late to change that anxious feeling i get when its even brought up.

I felt that way too at first. First time I went there alone I didn't get out of my car for 20 minutes. Telling myself this is stupid and then slowly turned into sobbing and feeling horribly depressed. But then the more you do it it because also cathartic. Headstone is a great reminder of life, but it's also a place of great pain. It helped me. It may not help you but you need to be able to look at this grief head-on to be able to over come and not allow it to cripple you.

Hey Sup Forumstarded faggit. I just experienced the loss of my paternal grandfather who I was very close with compared to my dad. I was out eating with my friends and we were talking about it and all of a sudden I lost it completely and cried for 30 minutes while my friends paid for my meal and waited for me to be ok. This was happening at the same time as my marriage was falling apart. All of that to say this: it really hurts, it sucks, and as much as you want it to go away...it shows she meant a lot to you. Do what makes you happy whether it's playing games with friends, hanging out with them, or loved ones. You do you man. I smoked some pot around that time and it helped let all of those feelings out.

Whether or not you think you're liked or loved, I'm sure someone out there cares about you. Don't do anything rash. Stay away from anything that's similar to alcohol, xanax, anti-depressants, or other mind altering substances other than weed. It can put you in a darker place that may make you suicidal. Get a friend or family member to stay with or stay with you if need be. Someone cares about you. Even I do.

About two weeks ago I woke up to discover my guinea pig had died during the night.

Feeling crushed.

Then not two hours after that I get a call from my apartment manager that my motorcycle was in an accident...? Go outside, some mexican chick had plowed into 3 parked cars annnnnnnd my fucking motorcycle, which ended up somehow shoved under one of the cars.

Anyway fucking life right?! These days!

thank you user your post inspired me more them the rest that ive read tonight. while i may be losing the battle to my addictions i still plan on continuing on with this game of life. i feel your pain knowing the harsh realities of losing loved ones you care deeply about is one of the hardest things life presents us with. its carrying on with it all and making it through that makes you a stronger person in the end the way i see it. Once again thank you and i hope you come to peace with what has happened.