Daily reminder that paper money is a useful illusion and only commodities and precious metals will be helpful in a...

Daily reminder that paper money is a useful illusion and only commodities and precious metals will be helpful in a crisis.

Nows the time to share tips, stories, advice, and thoughts on investing and holding precious metals.

Shit's heavy. Ammo cans from the army surplus store make convenient containers.

Gold or silver? Bury or not? Rounds or bars? Are some mints superior to others?

>Gold or silver?
They're both heavy, but gold is pretty significantly heavier. I hold both in roughly a 50/50 ratio by price. Advice on this varies, but I like the increased risk of silver being a younger guy and when I look into the fundamentals of silver manipulation I see a real chance of it going nuts in price one day. It's also much more convenient for day to day trade if it should happen that we resort to direct barter instead of converting it to the local currency as necessary.

>Bury or not?
It's a good idea, but I don't bother with it. Gun safe is another good option (makes the safe even more difficult to haul off with), and most casual looters wouldn't suspect that I have it and would just take my computer or whatever instead and get out quick. I have enough that I should probably bury some.

>Rounds or bars?
High recognition coins mainly, since they are government-backed legit. For people in the US that means particular attention to American coins and Canadian coins. Everything from 1oz down to 1/20oz for gold. I'm a little more flexible with Silver (e.g. Mexican silver, and more rounds) but only 1oz or 1/2oz; for smaller denominations US 90% "junk" silver (pre-66 dimes, quarters, halfs) is a better deal and more widely recognized.

>Are some mints superior to others?
Some mints have more brand recognition. For the bars I do have, I usually pony up for a reputable mint. I believe the premium will have been worth it if it ever becomes necessary to liquidate in a situation where trust is lacking.

Another cool tip: assuming you're using coins or rounds, balance it on your knuckle, flick it with your fingernail, and hold it to your ear. Nothing else has the pure ring of gold or silver. You can even hear it in 90%. Very good poor-man's test of authenticity.

That's right goyim. Spend your hard earned money on shiny metals and keep them in your closet. Shiny metals will be the only thing that can save you when crisis happens.

Thanks this is great. Im relatively new to the practice and want to do it responsibly and intelligently.

What would you suggest? I'm aware lots of people say ammunition would also make a good crash currency.

It's really more for a store of your surplus wealth. So of course if you think shit's going to go sideways then you would want to invest in more practical things first (food, water, weapons, tools, skills, friends, etc.)

Thing is nobody knows if you're trying to sell them duds.

I would suggest investing in tried and true standard investments with an emphasis on practicality. If economic crisis is your major concern invest in low risk things. There's also the possibility of investing in practical things you can actually use today like more efficient appliances and light bulbs, and more water efficient things in your household. Depending on your area and the house you have different kinds of insulation, ground source heat pumps, wood heating options.

Wood is pretty boss. Multiple people in my family have weathered extended power outages during a literally killer by firing up the wood stove. Also cuts down on the energy bills significantly. Big trees have a lot of wood in them.

In this day and age a fancy advanced materials sub-zero sleeping bag doesn't cost much, either.

Guns, ammo, medicine, fuel, food. Everything else is useless in a crisis and out of one you're destroying your wealth wis th this shit, but please, good goyim, keep inflating the JEWelry market.

Taking physical out of the Jew Market in fact gets the Jew up further against the wall of his Jew tricks by forcing him to leverage even harder to play his game of pretend.

"Pick any three shells at random from the pile and I'll prove to you they're not duds."

Good idea. Thanks for sharing.

Silver is a really good buy right now. The price is artificially low, sometimes lower than it costs to get it out of the ground. The reason? Market jewing. They sell paper silver to hundreds of gullible investors. Basically worthless with nothing to back it. That drives the cost down because it mixes with the real stuff. paper silver is valued as real silver, its unbacked so they can basically print silver and drive the price down. If you get the real stuff now you will make a killing when hyper inflation or the market correction skyrockets the value of silver. Eventually they will separate the markets and the real value of solid silver will be pretty high. I would guess 200 dollars an ounce minimum would be the high area. Buy it cheap, laugh at the retarded investors who buy the paper and wait. Cash in when its worth a lot more, use that money quickly to buy something valuable since it will be a uncertain time where money itself may end up being worthless. Spend half or 3/4ths when it comes time, sit on the rest. Gold is not worth investing in. The price is already over inflated and its hard to get a hold of. Only buy minted coins. Lots of fake bars full of tungsten out there. Minted gives you more assurance its real.

Im aware of the run of the mill SHTF resources. And in my op even said commodities and metals. But are crisis level inflation and apocalyptic lawlessness one in the same?

Also i have to agree, converting abstract money to physical form helps pull the curtain of trickery away from the banking system. Even if its just a little. Traditionally, jews have been the keepers of gold and silver but thats less true now than perhaps any time in history thanks to the nonexistance of standards in the US

If you really want to crash it, examine the derivatives. Hit them where they're leveraged the most.

I've been going back and forth on whether or not to do this really only because they've been more "innovative" than I was expecting and the extra time has allowed us to spread information and public opinion more than I was expecting. But when the time comes to take it down, then whoever does it first will have the element of surprise.

All of it. No egg in one basket. Gold and silver make excellent investments for long term wealth retention but if you want to not just survive but be that asshole who thrives in a crisis, stockpiling certain goods helps. Food is number one. Its a great hedge against inflation and losing your job. A can of beans a year from now will cost more, this is known and not disputed. Rice will go up, everything will go up because the dollar is slowly going down. So buy now, turn that dollar into a physical good you need. Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers. You can make most dry goods last 20 years, 30 years for some. They will last longer but may lose nutritional value and taste but wont make you sick. Canned goods while common and appealing are a poor choice unless its home canning. They dont last very long. They swell and leak from rust eventually. In an optimal environment, they can last as long as mylar. A cool dry room. The food can last decades like mylar, the problem is the container usually does not. For short term stockpiling its fine. Just remember to rotate what you have. Another downside is the high salt/preservative content of canned food. Ammo.
The most common rounds should be stored. Basically you want to collect ammo for stuff that flies off the shelf in an ammo shortage. You want to keep both common ammo guns, and uncommon ammo guns you find on the shelf during a crisis. During the sandy hook fiasco, 7mm was always on the shelf. It pays to have a variety. 12 guage shells are also common and typically not hit as hard. Stockpile them for your own use (keeping the nigs out). 5.56, 9mm, 45 ACP, 40 s&w (not as much as the first three) and 30-06 are all good bets. Especially 9mm and 5.56. Consider trade goods. Alcohol, cigarettes (they go bad, keep that in mind), shaving kits, soap, common medicine etc.

> Put all your money in my banks

Another good investment is savings in the way you live. A garden, animals, fruit trees etc. If you can make it yourself without spending money or relying on someone else, its a huge net savings. Living in remote land allows you to dig a well (no water bill), use uncommon but cheap septic systems so no septic bill (septic tank, composting toilet), chop wood to heat a home and cook on (requires either an outside kitchen or a wood cook stove with a summer grate, this is where the saying if you cant stand the heat....etc comes from) can mean heating a home for less than 50 dollars a year to nothing, it all depends on how prepared you are and how much work you can do. Make your own power, this requires money up front but going back to turning money into a useful good, the good wont devalue, the dollar will. You might be the only person who has power, the rest may be unable to afford it or the grid in disarray. solar, wind, hydro or more uncommon methods, like steam power, methane from animal dung or wood gas. What ever form you choose, DIY to save a ton of dosh. Also have more than one. The wind will die down, the sun will set and the creek may dry up. At least two forms of power generation with one that is on demand. Like a generator (doesn't have to run on gas). Spend the money and time in the right way ahead of time and you may never notice an economic collapse because you may not need the economy like joe schmoe in his corner office and new york apartment does.

What gives? Silver's not budging, b

You realize that during the depression in the 30's people walked into defunct businesses and purchased them with 1 gold coin, we are talking big factories that employed hundreds of people at a time.

Also, there was a time in American history when one silver coin was equivalent to a man's wage for a day.

That is the average I use when I think of potential for future price for silver, I try to have enough to cover at least half a year per family member, ideally it would be a year + ( 365 coins ) in case of some economic calamity.

Gold is great for extreme wealth concentration, i.e. you need to go somewhere completely new and want to easily conceal and transport a great deal of wealth on your person.

Precious metals only make sense if you have other essentials covered such as weapons, ammunition, food, water, tools, etc. as just having precious metals will not help if you don't have a plan or the tools/community to actually defend the metals you own.

I don't get the logic in this. If SHTF I sure as hell am not gonna trade my precious resources for a bunch of inert metal I can't find a practical use for.

Also, you might want to consider investing a little bit of money into a secondary fuel source outside of the conventional way you heat your home/parents home.

The most obvious and primal is wood burning, very popular and easy as America still has massive tree coverage everywhere.

What I use is propane fuel. You can purchase a variety of sizes ranging from large 100lb down to 1lb canisters and propane is extremely cheap fuel.

You can get stoves that run on propane ( Coleman multi-fuel two stove ) and space heaters ( big buddy space heater ).

This covers the essentials of your survival, heat for warm and cooking. They are portable and if you need to leave your home for good, they can be taken with you.

I would also recommend getting camping gear such as a decent all weather tent or based on your climate needs, and very light and cold rated sleeping bags.

This way, if you need to follow the example of what people from Syria are doing now, you can at least have temporary shelter and a means to survive on the move.

You realize 2016 isn't the thirties?

Also, there was a time in American history when one silver coin was not equivalent to a man's wage for a day?

two animals that comfy up and cuddle together to improve the heat to surface ratio can survive in very cold conditions.

Humans can do it, too.

deutches bank not doing very well, they have 18 Trillion in derivatives, they are the largest bank in Germany.

If they go the way of the lemhan brothers, they will take Germany's economy with them and the European Union as a whole.

This in itself is worrying, but when you combine that information with the fact that European countries that are taking in massive amounts of refugees are practically bankrupting themselves with the stress of trying to accommodate such a huge influx of new people, you start to realize it is not about if, but more about when it all just falls in on itself.

Best time to buy is when the sea is calm and everyone thinks there will never be a storm again.

>protip: there will always be another storm