Had an MRI this week and i think i saw magnetic waves or at least something they triggered floating in the space...

had an MRI this week and i think i saw magnetic waves or at least something they triggered floating in the space between my head and the tube

it was a green fog-like formation which gathered to a circular object and then getting sucked into a specific point over my head in the plastic of the tube.
everytime the magnets re-positioned it was gone but as soon as they shot the waves at me it appeared again always doing the same thing.

was pretty intense, after sitting upstraight i feld dizzy and weird for a minute

anyone ever had something similar while getting scanned?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoreception
youtube.com/watch?v=IVsWTkD2M6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no wonder u had to do mri, you have mental issues dude

/Thread

ypur eyes are sensors.... magnetic fields perturbates sensors.. especially knowing how much blood you have in the eyes.. e how much IRON you have in your blood...
also might be from nerves or brain.. or ecerything at the same time...

voila.. myth busted

I engineer these things OP, you're talking shit.

makes sense

> engineer
> Sup Forums
sure..

eyes may be compared to sensors but they are not electric sensors, they arent affected by electromagnestism
also the iron in the blood isnt affected either. there arent iron fleaks floating in there

magnetism arent waves
you're seeing stuff
i see why you had to do this

No

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoreception

If you can take a STRONG neodymium magnet. And do a double blind test to verify your ability by holding the magnet up to your eye - that would be crazy.

For science is would be potentially very very useful to get an understanding of how this mechanism also works in other animals.

hmm don't have such a strong magnet around :/
are they expensive? really strong ones i mean

You can get some strong ones for about 10$+shipping. I would really be interested in hearing the results

And if it does work, you should also try it in complete (100%!) darkness. And see if it still works. The results would have serious implications about how magnetoreceptions exactly work.

That will be of great benefit to the human race when the cyborg war begins.

Research iron in blood faggot. It's not magnetic like you think

"The largest issue affecting verification of an animal magnetic sense is that despite more than 40 years of work on magnetoreception there has yet to be an identification of a sensory receptor.[25] Given that the entire receptor system could likely fit in a one-millimeter cube and have a magnetic content of less than one ppm, it is difficult to discern the parts of the brain where this information is processed.[42]" with your help we could figure it out. Please buy a magnet and test it out. Also move it over your head in all areas to see if theres an origin somewhere else

it's true, blood is non-magnetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=IVsWTkD2M6Q

are there any businesses that could have such magnets and i could borrow it from there?

i'm not sure such a magnet can compete with a 1-2 kW strong giant magnetic coil to be honest

True, but the magnetic strength and distance scale with r^3, so holding a strong magnet up close may be sufficient without spending huge amounts of money. If that doesn't work, one could still scale up

who should i contact if i really can reproduce this behavior?
it was surreal, my eyes were open and i just stared at the white tube - i know if you close your eyes and pressure them you start seeing stuff but it was a bright tunnel and white background - my eyes were fully relaxed and open as i was seeing this

I would go about like this:
- try with strong magnet at home. If it works: great!

- if not: get a cheap MRT done again to verify (when you have the money).

-If it happens again I would go about contacting some researchers (look through the literature to see who is in this field). Propose a deal with them in which you state that you can demonstrate this skill. And point out that they will have to give you some kind of compensation to go over there so they can study you - if you are able to demonstrate. Else they pay 0

It's a hallucination caused by the tumor. Duh.

Diagnosis? Dementia

The ability for humans to detect magnetic waves can be learned through body modification to embed magnets within fingers and after year + you can detect live wires by holding your fingers by them.

I see no reason with humans advanced adaptation powers that you have developed a similar trait.

However ... it could just be synthesesia and the sound of the machines hum cross talking between your ears and eyes.