Which programming languages are the highest paid?

Which programming languages are the highest paid?

Which should I learn Sup Forums?

Probably Cobol. Most financial institutions use it for legacy reasons, so demand is high, there's not much competition, and the banks are too stupid to modernize.

Haskell. That's what the high security institutions and power plants and such are looking for

Thanks Both

Make games for roblox, cane make up to 1mil a month on each account.
Thing called DevEx, currently making 8k-10k a month and I'm 23.

Simple rule of thumb:
>If the logo depicts and animal (or contains an animal), it's pure cancer, and this goes for all software products.

I don't always misspell, but when I do..

C#

Does python really suck?

Tell me more?

Don't listen to these guys op, you're being trolled. Learn pearl.

afaik Perl is one of the best paying, but there is way more demand for website stuff like html, css, js, php

hard to tell whos trolling here and whos not tbh

C++ and lose your will to live!

PHP is a good one... a lot of people are reverting back to PHP, and there is a LOT of legacy code in PHP that needs support when others have moved on to more "cooler" languages... so potential to make heaps of $$ IMO.

They all are, learn lisp or you're wasting your time. May as well learn gender studies tbh

No but it's saturated dont expect to make a fortune

the answer is obviously javascript. its the most popular language in the world.

your all trolls

dude just go with Visual Basic and it's alright

dont listen to any of these dipshits OP, what you really have to learn is FORTRAN. thats how you make the big bucks

VHDL

At a neighborhood Italian restaurant Rasmus Lerdorf realizes that his plate of spaghetti is an excellent model for understanding the World Wide Web and that web applications should mimic their medium. On the back of his napkin he designs Programmable Hyperlinked Pasta (PHP). PHP documentation remains on that napkin to this day.

SAP Abap.

and still is the best language for web apps

Lol, so true

It depends on what you are programming

C#

It depends on how estranged from the real world you want your life to be

css

Lets say that I wanna make a program with thousands of lines of coding that prints many outputs. Which language offers a friendly dynamic GUI for the client?

BASIC

Like VB on visual studio?

BASIC

Visual basic is THE most complex, intricate and job-promising code... OF THEM ALL!

html
i make about 97k/year

Right now you're using php and javascript.

Every website you use uses php and javascript.

PHP and javascript is the ultimate choice for web apps.

I earn a fortune with Perl

In surprised no one has mentioned the data science languages like r or spss, or the data base/relational stuff
What sort of things do you do?

C

HTML

D

E

F

qbasic

C++ is what my game studio uses for code. Pays ok.

how to cook meth, you'll make more money doing that.

If you want to find jobs easy java is the most used one while still paying decent. If you want to earn well C/C++ pays better but harder to find jobs. Everything else is more extreme in either direction

>750130896
ain't wrong for example, those legacy jobs pay extremly well but they won't hire you, there are only a few jobs for this and there are people with 20+ years experience arround.

Do not waste your time on Cobol and Haskell, both languages are to old. It is write that there is little competition, yet as soon as old systems will be replaced you will be useless. I liked Perl and Haskell and C. I never worked with Ruby or php but I guess it is simply to old if you want to learn a language for the "future". Java, C++,C# and Visual are all decent and if you work with them you will get a good understanding of software development in big projects. Yet the currently most hyped languages in my opinion are JavaScript as well as python and will currently give you the best opportunities for the future. I do like JavaScript a lot and currently work with it. One very Important Language I am missing here that is also very important is SCALA. If you want to go into Big Data and so one you shoult check it out. I also expect it to be a very demanded language in the future.

Anything and everything. Perl makes it trivial to do most things.

Where do you work? I can HTML, PHP, Javascript and CSS and never earnt that much.

python

I guess he makes about 97k in SouthAfrican Dollar

What does it say, I can't read rice runes.

Python/Javascript/PHP with some JAVA - salary around 100k

well, ok. and maybe he thinks html stands for hotmail.

Focus on good development practices and standards. Most companies don't care about specific languages as that stuff can be learned on the job easily for someone who knows the core basics. Much harder to teach data structures and algorithms on the job. I give interviews and don't care what they have listed under skills (unless they list a lot to fluff up their resume, then I ask language specific stuff to call out their bullshit).

Learn programming concepts, data structures and algorithms plus a bit of theoretical computer science and just use whatever language is required or is best suited for a project. There had been days where I was working on different projects and had to switch between three languages at the same day (one of them I never used before). Once you have learned your first programming languages, transitioning to the next ones is easy (and by the time you'll have forgotten the ones you've started with completely)

A well paid programmer can learn languages as needed. In reality, you should get a foundation with C++, C and Java. Then whichever one fits your career path the most you can specialize in.

I'm making 103k a year, nearly everything I do is in perl.

yes

PHP isn't a programming language though, it's a scripting language. It's also a lot more geared for Markup languages (HTML) - Though, personally I've heard Web development is getting bigger and bigger in terms of the money paid out. Though maybe that's just here where I live.

Why is perl so great? The guy created it looks a bit loony

I'd say this plus a back end like Ruby on Rails, at least going into the future.

And for what it's worth, I mostly use C# and take home over 120k

Python and R have a great value in Health Management.

If you write anything in Perl, you cannot get fired anymore because you are the only one that is able to modify anything in this code.

Learn BASIC V2.0, I earn 1.5Bill/year. Makes a decent living!

You cleary haven't code in Objective-C

It depends on how much you're willing to be bored at work. An extended knowledge of Cobol, SAP or SQL can help you earn a lot, but you'll have to endure work that's seen as borderline mind torture by many.

Take C++ for example: it can pay quite well, except in video games: there are many who "dream" of joining the video game industry ; that lowers the salaries. But C++ for financial companies can pay somewhat well.

What would you guys recommend to a mathfag who is about to graduate but has no clue what to do for work? I also have a degree in biology and a minor in statistics. I only really have experience with java and a little C.

codecademy?

any of them. doesn't matter.
i primarily use java and jython at work, but depending on what the problem at hand is, i'll use anything.
Working on a C project at the moment. I didnt know C previously but picked it up relatively quickly because I've just been programming in general for some time now.
Just pick one and really learn it. What you learn will cross over to damn near anything.
Try to make something actually useful aswell.

I'm not sure what you're asking. The java experience is from two semesters of intro to computer programming, and the C i learned is from The C Programming Language that Sup Forums is always toting.

I'm a college dropout and when I went to find jobs, the first one I found was using Go exclusively. I'm starting at $100k. I'd say Go is very popular in DevOps and cloud circles. Beyond that, learn Java because it's used very widely as well.

oh yeah, forgot.
SQL

For easiest money, learn SQL. DB admins and SQL contractors get paid shit loads for the easiest to learn thing out there.

use that site and get a job as a web developer