m.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQeTpnYN2c
scaruffi.com/vol5/typeoneg.html
soundcloud.com/ozymandias-relsh/albums
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVHnVDg7IJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't, i just can't.

metal machine music

itaots

Interesting first listen. But I can't help but feel like Lou Reed was just fucking around with guitar pedals one day and decided to make an album out of it. I'm open to off-the-wall experimentation, but it's nowhere near as interesting as I could imagine it being.

Fantastic album. It's memed here for a reason, and that is because it's great. There's no fakery in Mangum's voice, it's all human and it results in a swelling of emotion every time he hits the high notes. Holland 1945 and Two Headed Boy Pt 2 are my highlights.

of their albums, it's BoC's best. Not as good as their EPs though. I don't find this album as scary as other people do, I just think it's the best-produced. My favourite track is Gyroscope, which sounds like there's someone writhing and wincing in pain underneath all those soft pads. It's weird to say the least, but I like it for that

Eh, I found it bland. There are better albums to listen to in this style; I'd pick James Blake's The Colour In Anything over Blonde any day. Futura Free though, the ending track, is great. I love the persona that Frank is putting on on that track.

the original cast recording of powder her face by thomas ades

verify my love for this album stranger daddy

Don't get me wrong, Radiohead are a good band. But this album is overrated. A standout track is Idioteque, because it's the most rhythmically varied and sonically grating, and I think that contrasts well with Thom's voice (which is a really nice voice btw). But not even 'Everything In Its Right Place' can hold my interest for long, and I think it's because most of the cuts on this album focus on quirks in production rather than interesting songwriting. I'd choose In Rainbows over this.

Ommadawn

Specifically
>Teenage Jesus and the Jerks

Strikes me as a pretty bog-standard indie folk album. Average, but calming at times. His voice is unusual, and the 'one-take in a church' story behind the album is compelling. Really like the last track, such an outpouring of emotion on that one. Not sure if I'll return to this though.

never got properly stuck into blues rock, but I like this. sounds like there's a lot of melancholy and sadness in the music here, but it's not obvious, it's masked by the formulas typical to blues music. Almost as if you need to 'listen between the lines' to get the most out of it. Really cool

Only the best buddy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQeTpnYN2c

going to have to give this one a miss, sorry. I haven't seen powder her face, and I need to see it to understand the full context of the music.

(if you actually listen to this, i highly recommend you do it on a decent stereo and not headphones, otherwise the sound staging doesn't work properly)

disregard that i suck cocks

>using a decade old meme
wew

OP BTFO xD xD

You seem like a pretty cool guy OP

I can appreciate it for what is. Unfortunately this album falls victim to obnoxious jazz mixing, which is basically an excess of panning and stereo effects common to jazz albums. Personally I've never thought it necessary. Musically, there's a lot of talent and it's good; lots of variation between sections to satisfy different areas of the brain.

>using wew
wiw

Bjork's best. Never understood the hype behind Homogenic, Vespertine is better. She seemed to have made a lot more use of bells and other twinkly sounds on this album, which is part of the reason why I like it so much. favourite track is Undo.

people never know how to use new technology gracefully. they just start using it because it's new and they can. stereo lets you pan things? might as well pan all the things. more stereo is more newer and betterer, right? pan pan

I'm crushed

I adored Who's Next when I first heard it, but I realised after listening to this album that I was just a pleb back then. This is the superior album. Tattoo is a particularly lovely song, god so much '60s music is great. I need to get stuck back into it.

>This is the superior album
Good taste OP

I strongly dislike this thing. I just can't identify with its personality. It's just far too quirky and annoying. At least it's not as bad as Strawberry Jam. Guess I like my music earnest.

I like this OP a lot.

Is OP practicing before starting his own music review site/blog?

we need competition for the melon. he is getting complacent.

Crazy. Don't think I've ever been so riveted by Celtic melodies before. It's so clean, recording is pretty much perfect. Tells a story, almost. I might be biased towards this because I like New Age in general, but yeah, I really enjoyed this.

to be fair he can let himself drop a pretty fucking long ways before anyone comparable starts being comparable

Never liked this thing as much as I like other Dream Pop acts. Which I suppose is in poor taste, because I get that this was one of the most important releases for the genre. I'm more of a Chromatics kind of guy. But there are elements of it that I like, there are some great uplifting counterpoints and refrains. My main issue is that I find the vocals deadpan.

Reminds me of the sort of music you'd hear in a modern adaptation of a Sarah Kane play, or as ironic music soundtracking a massacre in a Kubrick film. Personally, I like it. All of it's good, I think I prefer Contortions to The Jerks, but the latter have got some really interesting dynamics to them. I like how they make use of silence. I'll probably return to this thing, got a great sound to it.

*Sigh* Biosphere. Never could get into them, though this is one of their better releases. Seems to have a much deeper and clearer sound than, say, Dropsonde or Substrata. Unfortunately I've never really vibed with the progression of Biosphere albums. I find artists like Gas and Hazard a lot more compelling.

reverse image search does nothing for me - this is a meme, isn't it?

fuck, that voice on this really struck me by surprise. The way it sits in the mix makes it sound like a fucking earthquake. As an album, it's cool. Haven't really gotten into metal yet, this seems like a good introduction

THIS

fucking garbage

Hmm. It's very sexual, I'll give you that. Lyrics struck me as a bit on-the-nose. I couldn't really get into the lead singer's vocal style during the harsher bits either. Enjoyed the synth breakdown in track 3, however. Overall, not a fan.

you seem to have great taste overall but i honestly think this one is going over your head. but that's partially on me since it's really really not the kind of album you can just dip a toe into and understand. i think if you gave it a chance and listened to the whole thing front to back as well as reading about the context of it you would get it.

Love a bit of thrash / heavy (at least, of the metal I have listened to, lol). This is not as uplifting or exciting as I'd like it to be, but I still think it's good. I think I'd enjoy this more if I saw it played live. Track 6 reminds me of the Shadow The Hedgehog theme, and I can't get that off my mind for some reason.

scaruffi.com/vol5/typeoneg.html
this is the best analysis of it i've read, it might make you look at it differently

Your thoughts, op?

Wrong.

soundcloud.com/ozymandias-relsh/albums

To me the vocals sound like a little goblin, or gremlin, or demon, and they're a lot of fun. Seems to get progressively more intense as it continues, I guess that's the point? There's a bit too much guitar noodling for my tastes. But this was an intriguing listen, sounds like I'm in hell.

For fucks sake.

Enjoyed this a lot. If there's one guilty pleasure I have, it's vocals that sound like the lead singer from Three Days Grace. Thankfully, they've been put to far better use here than that band could ever do.

Classic! My family used to play Roadrunner all the time and that's how I found out about this thing. Looking back, Richman does a really good job of portraying this effortlessly cool, ironic, lovably insufferable teenage persona.

Glad you enjoyed it, check out Soens' other two releases.
One of my favorite tracks: m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVHnVDg7IJI

Haven't listened to as much Mountain Goats as I should have. As someone who's most familiar with The Sunset Tree, this one strikes me as a lot mellower. Songwriting here seems just as good as that album, but to me this sounds a bit more stripped back. Thanks, I'm not sure I like it as much, I'll be returning to this.

Not very impressed. Vocal and instrumental performances are good, but they've been washed out by the distortion and lo-fi mixing which I think doesn't do them justice. Those digital claps are also extremely immersion-breaking, if that makes sense.

Brutality and Bloodshed for all

>tfw got skipped
t-thanks

true, but on the other hand I think people are bound to get overexcited about new tech innovations. in a way, you can't blame them really.

Looks and sounds like it was a major influence for Angelic 2 The Core. It's nowhere near as bad, but it's still bad in my opinion. I remember track 4 being used on toy ads on the children's channel back in the day. Overall, hyper-flamboyant vocals and an odd instrumental palette make for a twee listen.

Always see this getting posted everywhere, but hadn't heard it until now. I'm a big fan of how timid and sensitive this sounds. It's... very good. Nevertheless (and you'll hate me for saying this), something's missing. Maybe I'm not convinced by the lead singer's trembly voice. Occasionally the emotion in it sounds a bit forced.

Alright, taking a break now guys.

Before a break you should listen to this -->

Real album bruh.

Albur! 0.02

Rubbish, but the cover is pretty.

nice i completely agree with your take on Vesp > Homogenic and that my fave track is also undo. It always chills me out

Liekavyja travy by Re1ikt