I am a full time bicycle courier ask me anything

I am a full time bicycle courier ask me anything.

also why haven't you embraced the no car lifestyle yet?

cause i sleep with women

/Thread

Ride under a truck you bastard

why would I do that?

Lost my license and got a sweet huffy ten speed. And legs are all muscle and i got laid a couple weeks ago.

because i own this

Yeah most chicks are really into fit guys. Who knew.

of course you prefer a car. A bike doesn't have a back seat for you to suck cock in.

Park bike, see this. wat do?

I work in a very white city. Also I bring my bike inside everywhere I go.

I walk. My job does not require mobility as yours. I'd use a bicycle but there's too much glass in the roads, too many cars that are mean to bikes, and not enough side walks (it's not legal to bike on the sidewalk anyway).

This is not a "lifestyle," faggot. I have seizures every day so I actually can't drive.

Real pics and timestamp or you're a fucking liar.

>This is not a "lifestyle," faggot. I have seizures every day so I actually can't drive.

>Definition of lifestyle:
the typical way of life of an individual, group, or culture

Yes it is faggot

Biked around EU for few years with a bike.

Do you wear a helmet?

you work for deliveroo or somethin'?

So you don't drive either because on the restrictions section of your driver's license, it says "epilepsy" ?

You walk around everywhere wishing that you could be driving in the 84F heat and 70% humidity? Hooray subtropics.

You have to take a greyhound to get to far off distances?

You have to call someone you know or an ambulance when you realize that you're a 4 hour walk away from your house when you need to take your anticonvulsants in one hour?

You walk back to your house, feeling like shit, wishing you could cut your spine out of your body, wishing you were ABLE to drive because this is a daily routine that you have no choice but to do?

And you hate the fact that you don't drive too?

Yes. I absolutely wear a helmet.

Although i never land on my head when I crash. I usually land on my elbows.

yep. It's a great job and I can make good money if I hustle.
I average about 20 dollars per on duty hour but can make much more depending on the day. halloween night I worked 5 hours and made over 200 bucks.

Wow awesome. Been thinking of doing deliveroo for a while now. Seems like it could be fun. It's kind of like a fun video game too.

>It's kind of like a fun video game too.

That's exactly how it feels to me.

The only thing I don't like aout it is the cagers trying to kill me every day or showing off that they can press their gas pedal down a centimeter. I have a helmet cam on order right now so I'll e able to record all the cartards and make a fail compilation to put on youtube.

What kind of bike so you have? And what's your ftp?

Yeah that's one of the problems. There's some drivers out there that hate cyclists! You only have to look at the youtube comments on some videos.

Good good! Lost couple friends due to being neglectful with their helmets. Head doesn't like the asphalt.

What bike do you have, got pics of your setup?

I use a basic single speed bike with an easy ratio 46:19 I spend well over 50 hours a week on my bike so I like it to be pretty spinny.

Yeah people are bloodthirsty for bikes or they just aren't even paying attention too what theyre doing. I have close calls with people nearly running me over every single day.
been hit a good 6 or 7 times 2 were pretty bad and all but one were hit and runs.

>What bike do you have, got pics of your setup?

My bike is easily identifiable and I'd rather not bring attention to myself with all the cyclists being murdered lately.

Are you on Strava? If it's not on Strava, it didn't happen :p

First time hearing about that site. I just googled it and I'll check it out.

Damn maybe try and go on the pavement at times? Better to be safe.

Yeah, I'm always learning ways to e safest depending on the circumstances.
also all those hits are spread out over about 11 years of riding bike for transportation. I've never owned a car or driven before.

Strava's for posh fags, shallow and pretentious.

Get on Strava, bro. If you're going to be on your bike 50 hours a week, might as well get some KOMs and get social. Do you know you're ftp? If not, get that figured out too.

what is FTP?
I admit I'm not very social in the bike scene anywhere. I don't have a lot of friends and none of the ones I have ride.

Ftp is basically a number that represents how much power you can put out over the course of an hour, measured in Watts. You can either get a power meter and do a test (meters are still pretty expensive), you can do it on a trainer (that's what I do) or get a cheap speed sensor and most apps will estimate your ftp with that.
It's used to see if you're getting better/stronger/fitter, and it's also used to see how you might do in a race.
E.g. if you can push out an average of 230 watts over the course of an hour, your ftp is 230. There are tests that are only 20 mins, and you can use that to calculate what your ftp would be from that. Check out YouTube for this stuff. There's tons of videos that will explain it. Messengers who do alleycats know this shit.
Also I'm not that social either but Strava is still pretty cool for tracking your rides with GPS and seeing how other people perform.

No infrastructure for cycling in my city. Also I am one lazy fucker.

Alright. I'll look into it. I've never raced but I've been invited to alleycats before and have raced people unofficially lol. I would say I'm probably in the upper middle performance wise but I have a really good mental map of my city.