Is this the mozart of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
mikejay.net/opium-and-the-symphonie-fantastique/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course. She's also the Bowie and Prince of our time:
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
>In a year when Glastonbury has paid tribute to David Bowie and Prince, two artists celebrated for being relentlessly creative, individual and fearless, the Canadian singer/songwriter/producer Grimes – real name Claire Boucher – proves that their maverick spirit lives on in a new generation. Grimes might just be the best pop star in the world right now – here’s why.

Like Prince, Grimes is eccentric, multi instrumentalist, control freak, producer, weirdo, strange fashion sense and a wild live performer.

Can we ban Grimes threads again?

Grimes confirmed as the queen of Sup Forums:

Just your interpretation. When someone says X is FOR someone else it's assumed it's a positive message.

These thread is going places

bump for grimes and mozart

NOT MY QUEEN! DEATH TO POPSTARS!

Waifu of the unuverse

Again?

WHY DOES THIS MAN TRIGGER ME?!!?

Have you considered the possibility that you are a homosexual?

i mean, i am attracted to him. guess it's finally time to tell my folks.

yes

It's ok, user. Grimes is a female!

Yeah but she fucking sucks tho?

Nah

No. You were memed.

Mice bump

She's like really important guys

But not really

She'll ruin that dress...

from the thumbnail it looked like she'd set herself on fire, which would be swell.

It kinda does look like that. Trippy.

It'd be awful

You think so?

I know so. You'd be losing the artist of the decade.

She would just be horribly deformed i think

Potentially losing her angelic voice

Goodness

she is the moist fart of our time

She's arguably the best artist of the past decade

Im a art

She's more the Wagner of our time.

Not really

Yes, really.

How so?

>Visions
>Art Angels

What about them?

Grimesfag can't even reply lmao

bump

She's the greatest of all time.

Could be imo

Don't ever insult Mozart like that again, you clueless piece of shit.

t. never listened to mozart

>being this triggered

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Grimes. The musicality is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of synthesizers most of the composition will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Grimes's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these referances, to realise that they're not just simple escapist art- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Grimes truly ARE idiots.

i dont really think that's an unfair comparison tbqh

bowie and prince were tremendously overrated for their stage presence and personality but still were solid pop artists

Similarities between Hector Berlioz and Claire Boucher (aka Grimes):
>Born to relatively well-off, professional doctor/lawyer/business (non-artist) oriented families.
>No formal musical training to speak of.
>Completely self-taught in the initial pursuit of music as a career.
>Left home at age 18 for university in a major far-away city to pursue a practical degree in the sciences/medical fields.
>Dropped out of school at age 21 in order to pursue professional careers in music despite total lack of training and disapproval from parents.
>First majorly recognized work created during an approximately month-long sleep-deprived drug binge.
mikejay.net/opium-and-the-symphonie-fantastique/

Underrated post

Unlike Bowie and Prince, Grimes is also a solid producer.