Is this Sup Forumscore?

Is this Sup Forumscore?

And why is it objectively his best album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UB_GbMQftkA
youtube.com/watch?v=y7fsHtkNU7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pitchfork panned it, so no. It is a great album but this board is pitchfork jr.

We stopped being Pitchfork jr in like 2012, keep your mouth shut.

What're you talking about, faggot. Literally when pitchfork started taking a big interest in pop and rap, this board turned into a pop/rap shitfest and remains so. You're obviously a newfag if you don't realize that literally every best new music album gets attention from this board all month just because of the review.

How do we fix it?

are there any other albums that would go from terrible to classic if they were given a remastered/definitive edition?

The Fragile was always good, pitchfork is just shit.

the good tracks are great on this one. the best tracks on this album are treats best tracks ever produced and written.

Ban waifufagging, band spam threads, hip hop general for all rap

What are your favorite tracks?

It's borderline Sup Forumscore.

Hurt, I Don't Want This, Closer

I think TDS, Year Zero and even the EPs/Hesitation Marks is better than The Fragile.
It is pretty bloated, but it was necesarry step forward for NIN.

It was significantly more personal than TDS. It was a return to the more earnest PHM songwriting with added maturity in the sound, It set the groundwork to everything that came after it. From the Rock driven WT to the bleeps and bloops of Hesitation Marks.

>It was significantly more personal than TDS. It was a return to the more earnest PHM songwriting with added maturity in the sound

This is something all NIN releases decided to be (expect for Year Zero), Trent's writting became more honest than ever after The Fragile and became more personal, feeling like you're looking into someone's diary.

This is the reason why I like Post-Fragile (Fragile as well) works more. I know people consider The Downwards Spiral a master piece, but I can't stop listening to stuff like The Slip or With_Teeth, I listen to them way more than TDS/The Fragile

it was his first truly cringeworthy album

at least with TDS you could pretend the edge was tongue in cheek and at times ironic, The Fragile and everything after that is Shadow The Hedgehog incarnate

The Fragile is less edgy than The Downward Spiral in every single way, what the fuck.

Yes it is mucore

but, its not really edgy at all?

This.
The fragile is a lot more melodic than TDS and it shed a lot of the angst he had incorporated into his music.

but user those songs are on awithateetha

AWITHATEEFUH

Don't forget it has tracks like "The Fragile" and "We're In This Together" which are opposite of edge, they are genuinelly heart-felt songs about trying to save someone or wanting to escape depression with someone.
Trent wouldn't make such songs even Post-Fragile. Actually opposite, the akin to "The Fragile" would be "Lights In The Sky" and "I Would For You"
The former is about dying with your loved one.
The latter is very self-loathing, wanting to change your very-self for a person.

Some people think expressing how you feel in any way is "cringey" or "edgy"

>Le nin is edgy meme
youtube.com/watch?v=UB_GbMQftkA

NIN do it in a very mature way, I’m not sure why anyone would call it edgy.
I’m looking forward to joining you, finally is a beautiful song about his feelings about his grandmother’s passing BTW. Just felt like putting that out there.

Thats what happens when we indoctrinate our children with the belief that crying and moments of weakness arent allowed for boys. They over-masculate themselves to compensate

>nin is edgy

literally the worst meme, the fragile is like a flowing work of art taking an intimate look into the mind of someone who felt he had lost everything and hit rock bottom, i think its a good look into the psyche of how Trent was feeling at that time in his life, and he conveys his emotions really well through his songs. Imo

youtube.com/watch?v=y7fsHtkNU7w

He also wrote La Mer when he was contemplating his suicide, and then wrote Adrift and at Peace later on as a sort of closure to La Mer and his feelings tied to it.

He's done it amazingly on this album, but Hesitation Marks was just manufactured edge

HM was much more of an anxious targeted depression than the drowning Fragile was. Like someone who was catching himself starting to return back to the old rut, but was proactive enough to address it. He has people he needs to be okay for now.

>Hesitation Marks was just manufactured edge
I'd argue he did it just as wonderfully as he did on The Fragile, there is nothing edgy on Hesitation Marks, it is mature and deals with depression very honestly.

It just felt to me like he was actively regressing back into his emo 20s. I've been a hardcore fan of NIN for a pong time but I still can't get myself thru that album

t. literally never heard a song off of it, just posted the record with the edgiest title he saw on Wikipedia

>I've been a hardcore fan of NIN
bait

What you don't think hardcore nin fans can exist or something, is that beyond your comprehension?

no, hardcore NIN fans being so wrong about HM is.

Anxiety is definetelly a feeling I get from Hesitation Marks, anxiety, fear, regret and depression.
Hesitation Marks may be the most self-critical album Trent put out.
I don't think so, I could clearly tell from the vocal performances that all what he sings is what he means here.
What is heart-breaking about Hesitation Marks and its theme, is the fact that Trent, at his core, will always be a recovering addict with depression, there is nothing he can do about that. Depresion can't go away and it is a part of him.

This becomes more worrying when you look at people like Chester and Cornell, people whom are in the same age as Trent, also with families, and recovered addicts, depression's real.

That user was pointing that out because a lot of NIN fans use "I was fan of NIN for ages" as an attempt to make their arguments seem stronger, I respect your opinion on Hesitation Marks, I would recommend repeated listenings though, like all NIN releases, it grows on you.

>someone doesn't agree with me on a subjective thing they must be bad and lying

OK bro

sorry, but Hesitation Marks is objectively not edgy.

I guess you can call its name edgy, perhaps, but that's about it, maybe Black Noise.
The edgiest Post-Fragile album would either be "Not The Actual Evets", "With_Teeth" or "The Slip"

I found the captcha funny.

I cant be the only one who thinks Trent is pretty inspiring as a person and musician, he really managed to turn his life around and make something of himself.

Trent Reznor inspires me to keep on living and hoping things will get better one day.
And I love his music and I believe he is a genius, I would go as far to put him above Bowie.

oh please

Man, where's your album.

oh please what dude, care to actually debate rather than just make pointless comments?

Check his name f a m, it's a joke poster.

t. The arbiter of reality

what makes it edgy though?

PHM is better

PHM is the worst NIN album.

This was his last great album because shortly afterwards everyone who was around him (musicians who helped him write his songs) left NIN because Trent was such a manipulative abusive piece of shit. Clouser, Dillon, and Finck all got the fuck out of there after the fragile, and Vrenna was already tossed out into the garbage by Trent himself. People think it was because he got sober, but really its because he drove away all his talented friends with his prima donna diva behavior.

But his Post-Fragile work is fucking great. Especially with stuff like Year Zero and his EPs.

Yeah they were good but they lacked the depth the fragile had. I like YZ but its shallow as hell.

Starfuckers Inc. is a bad song

All these summerfags who didn't leave and don't know what Sup Forumscore is

Fuck off pls

It's actually not.

Ladies and gentlemen... The Nine Inch Nails!

it's not bad but it definitely doesn't belong on the fragile

>Ladies and gentlemen. The Roadhouse is proud to welcome... The Nice Is Neat!

fify

Starfuckers alone bringsbthe album a couple of tiers down.

Yeah this is true.

>I like YZ but its shallow as hell.
>HYPERPOWER!
>The Great Destroyer
>Zero-Sum
>In This Twilight
>The Great Soldier
>Violent Heart
>The Warning
not in any shape or form