What permanent (CONFIRMED) damage can I do to my lungs by smoking weed...

What permanent (CONFIRMED) damage can I do to my lungs by smoking weed? And how much of smoking does it take to damage them? Do they ever repair themselves?

I started smoking daily for the past 3 weeks an I def feel a noticeable change. My chest just feels more "tight" compared with when I had virgin lungs. It also feels more hot around there. I don't know how to explain but there's a difference

Other urls found in this thread:

adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/respiratoryeffects.htm
health.com/smoking/can-you-get-lung-cancer-from-smoking-weed
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/emphysema/symptoms-causes/syc-20355555
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lurking

Marijuana has more tar than cigs. You will have black disgusting lungs from smoking weed. I wouldn't want to be your pathologist when you die.

Honestly I only smoke weed to get high. That's it. Just the feeling to get high. If I knew how to make edibles I would eat marijuana instead of smoking it... But cooking it will stink up my whole house and I'm afraid I'll get a step wrong.

I would eat half a brownie every single day for my life.

very not true, cigarettes are the worst thing you can possible smoke

if you at least use a bong, the tar is minimal

The damage to your lungs is similar to that of tobacco smoke. But if you've only been going daily for 3 weeks, your lungs should feel better if you quit for a month.

I'd suggest a dry herb vaporizer if you're concerned about your lung health.

Just do edibles then

>Honestly I only smoke weed to get high
Gee, why the fuck didn't any of us think of that?

Oh snap, I checked online and THEY say it's true.
But it's probably vile jewery and I will disregard this cuz I don't even smoke weed anymore

Don't do it daily. Ruins it anyways but also is shit for your lungs.
Do it weekly or less, that way it's not unfulfilling, and your lungs won't suffer.

It will stink up your house, no doubt. I cooked some herb in my apartment twice. Shit stank for days. I'm sure everyone in the building could smell it. Potent and gross. But the brownies got me high as fuck.

srsly. what a moron

Don't smoke weed it's not good for you

You can get cancer and COPD and despite what anyone says in this thread there's no length of time that determines when you'll get it. It can happen at any time while smoking either weed or nicotine.

False. It's been proven marijuana does NOT cause lung cancer.

Do edibles to use a vaporizer. In colorado they sell this stuff that you can just put in your coffee. No reason to smoke weed anymore.

Smoking it causes lung cancer just as fast as tobacco would and smoking before full brain development can make you a bit more retarded.

Yeah smoking is so 1980s and nigger behavior.

Eat that shit. The high is 5x more strong and lasts 5x longer. Weed gummies, brownies, pancakes, cakes, cookies, chocolate, you name it. One small bite is the equivalent of 2 whole joints.

Inhaling any smoke causes cancer you mong. Although stooping to your level of retarded thinking, Cannabis has shown to have cancer fighting properties. If you're going to use it for that it's best to use edibles to avoid the counter smoke from smoking.

lung cancer you fucking idiots.

Stop fucking smoking it you un-educated imbecile, infuse butters and oils and shit with the THC from the weed and balance it out with CBD oil so it will last longer and keep you alive longer so you can smoke it more instead of fucking up your lungs and your brain by inhaling carcinogenic smoke from a fucking burning plant

not finding a definite link is not the same as proving it doesn't
basically theres no definite answer because there havent been enough studies on long term weed affects, compared to tobacco (because of weed being illegal)

Anything that is burned and smoked is going to be incompletely converted into CO2 and water (if it were there'd be no THC) and thus it's going to contain some level of tar and carcinogens. Concentrates that are vaporized instead of burned are fairly benign. Edibles present no risk to your lungs, obviously.

the difference is that people who smoke enough tobacco to significantly impact their health smoke ALOT for extended periods of time. A pack-a-day smoker is equivalent to several grams of weed a day, and if you smoke that much weed, you're probably using concentrates anyway.

fine if you dont live in a shared flat cos it reeks

You're still inhaling carbon sugars and water vapor, which are not at all good for your lungs and can cause permanent damage.

The safest way to get high is with edibles made with pure concentrates.

Weed will lead to harder drugs like heroin and meth.

weed does not lead to heroin or meth

Doing other drugs like acid or cocaine is what leads to those

Best stay safe and avoid injecting those marijuanas. I heard 2 whole ones could kill

My dealer ran out of Weed and gave me some meth and said it was similar. Now I do Meth once a week, am I doomed?

While I do agree smoke, regardless of the source, is bad for your lungs, we have 50 years of evidence backing that marijuana smoke isn't detrimental to your overall lung health.

"marijuana" contains no carcinogens in reasonable concentrations in and of itself as a plant. As soon as a 1000+ degree flame hits it, those more-or-less benign compounds are ripped apart and thrown back together, forming carcinogens like polyaromatic compounds and tars, which can and will eventually cause cancer.

The number 1 and 2 gateway drugs to heroin are other addictive downers like alcohol and prescription opioid painkillers. Many studies by medical researchers all over the world place the harm potential of amphetamines and marijuana lower than that of tobacco and alcohol. Heroin usually ranks #1 for harm potential. Stimulants get a bad rep because people who smoke meth are fucking crazy.

If your lungs are still growing, smoking weed can cause growth issues. I haven't heard of anything conclusive though.

but there are studies saying that there was no noticeable increase in cancer for marijuana smokers? esp compared to tobacco
idk i think its not clear and needs more research

do some heroin it'll calm you down

>people who smoke meth are fucking crazy

Was that a slight at me? I'm not crazy... I think, yet.

oh my fucking god i hope you die by the hands of a doctor who didnt read shit about anything like you havent read either

ITT: Fear mongering.

Show me conclusive evidence that marijuana smoke causes cancer and COPD.

You can't, because it doesn't.

If you smoke from a bong often and you don't clean it enough, it can fuck up your lungs. Mold grows in the bong when it gets dirty and you can inhale in into your lungs. But other than that it's not too bad for your lungs, if you're concerned you could always get a vape.

/thread

its not the marijuana which causes shit. if you were to smoke pure green there is nothing whatsoever that could happen and/or is extremely limited if it were to happen

>I lack common sense because I smoke way too much weed dude

The Post

You'd have to smoke a lot of weed to permanently damage your lungs. People who smoke cigarettes end up with more permanent damage than weed smokers because they usually smoke way more tobacco than a weed smoker will smoke weed. It is true that weed has a lot more tar than tobacco, but unless you smoke a whole gram or 2 every day you're not going to get any serious build up. None if you use a water pipe. Permanent lung damage is caused when the tar builds up and kills the cells. Since the cells in an area of tar build up are dead, the tar can't be ejected by the natural processes of the body. More tar collects and the area of dead lung expands. Meanwhile, the body may try to repair the cells anyway and put together a dead or dying cell with some fucked up dna. Those cells can go apeshit and become self replication directionless dipshits, otherwise known as cancer. I'm rambling because I'm really stoned. Go ahead and smoke weed. Just don't over do it all the time.

you haven't hit tweaker mode yet, just wait

omg, no one is saying weed is bad. its burning weed at those temps.
tar and other toxins that result from burning

i smoke myself but ffs stop burying ur head in the sand

and if ur worried there are other ways to consume anyway

And you have no rebuttal worth posting so you attack what you erroneously perceive as my intelligence.

I have a BSci in Chemistry and a Masters in Biomed Engineering.

There is no conclusive evidence directly linking marijuana smoke to cancer.

Saying "hurr durr common sense" is no a substitute for empirical evidence.

tl;dr fuck off, you're a fucking moron who spreads lies based on doubt.

I over do it all the time though

I really don't have personal experience with meth to be honest; I've never felt it necessary when taking time-released adderall is plenty stimulating enough. Smoking meth sounds like a total overload.

I see adderall (amphetamine) as a tool akin to vehicles and heavy machinery: Yes, it's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. But if you understand the risks involved you can get a fuckton of work done much faster and more efficiently than you ever would without it.

Simply because an active dose of THC from smoked marijuana is more potent and lasts longer than nicotine. You don't have to inhale as much smoke to get the effect. But anything that is burned will contain minute amounts of carcinogens, be it tobacco, marijuana, wood, even burnt edges on food. Whether or not it causes cancer before you die of old age or something else is a function of a lot of how much, how burnt, how often, etc.. Just because it hasn't shown up in past tests and surveys doesn't rule it out entirely, and there is a plausible mechanism by which it can cause cancer.

I don't believe you have a degree in chemistry without understanding that incomplete combustion -> a ton of mixed random carbon byproducts, many of which can be carcinogenic.

That’s why I stick to heroin. I keep my lungs clean and my veins muddy.

Don't smoke it daily. I used too. Make it a special occasion type thing

well from my experience weed never triggered my athsma ciggarettes do

Fine, overdo it with a bong or edibles or dab. There isn't really much risk to your lungs anyway, unless you smoke cigarettes as well. That's like throwing another log on a well burning fire.

all your gonna get here is potheads that are gonna respond with "lol weed is natural, it cant hurt you"

go ask a firefighter or a doctor about the effects of smoke inhalation on lung tissue.

these effects are even WORSE than tobacco since weed does not have a proper filter to remove some of the bigger particles

Except for you know, water pipes. Super effective filter.

you should inject that as is, bubbles and all.
also, whats with the babb gauge needle, cant stand a bigger one? fucking 5 min injects

>I don't believe you have a degree in chemistry without understanding that incomplete combustion -> a ton of mixed random carbon byproducts, many of which can be carcinogenic.

>many of which can be carcinogenic

Once again, you are basing your assertion based on doubt. If you want to make a claim you need direct, empirical evidence that it does. Everything we currently understand about it indicates that it does not cause cancer, part of this is to due to it's anti-inflammatory properties.

I'm not saying it's good for your lungs, i'm saying there is no conclusive evidence that it directly causes cancer. Stop spreading lies dude.

It’s a 28 gauge. I’ve gotten less obsessive. That was pre flicking but a tiny bit of air isn’t gonna hurt.

all that shit does is cool the smoke and remove a small portion of contaminants.

if it was to remove all contaminants there would be no smoke at all.

Nice cargo shorts faggot

So then it’s just as effective as a cigarette filter.

Lol what’s wrong with a pair of comfy cargos man?

Inhaling smoke of any kind damages your lungs temporarily and will cause a variety of symptoms such as an acute increase in blood pressure. Marijuana however has a reasonably high level of bronchodilators such as alpha pinene.

Marijuana use is relatively harmless, but inhaling smoke if any kind is unhealthy and is a cancer risk. If you want to continue to use the drug you may consider eating it or vaporizing it.

>I'm not saying it's good for your lungs, i'm saying there is no conclusive evidence that it directly causes cancer

I'm not that guy but your cherry picking data. any carbon buildup in lung tissues can cause lung cancers. look at diesel emissions, pure carbon and they were just determined to be carcinogenic.

>I have a BSci in Chemistry and a Masters in Biomed Engineering.

LOL

You're a goddamn idiot to be smoking it. You think inhaling smoke could ever be a good thing? Use a damn dry herb vaporizer, I don't drink and I would never use weed without one, no smoke, clean hit. Anyone that doesn't is a fool.

You can't compare the two though. There are different compounds in marijuana smoke which can suppress the development of cancer cells.

This is what i'm saying. Don't claim x causes y without direct evidence it doesn't. You can't substitute one for the other and claim they do the same thing. I know what you're saying, and I'm not defending smoke in your lungs. I'm saying until there is a direct link, don't make false claims. I don't even fucking smoke. I get drug tested regularly.

not really. a cigarette filter shares more in common with HEPA media than a water filter does.

the problem with tobacco is the additives that function as a vapor when ignited. vapors are very hard to filter. Oddly enough, a cigarette filter would probably do great for pot considering most of the particulate in pot smoke is larger.

Anything that goes into the lungs can coat them in particles which can cause respiratory issues by damaging the alveoli whether by heat of the smoke in some cases, or by having foreign substances that need to be cleaned out.

I expect future research to show increases in COPD, emphysema (especially if you have the alpha-1-antirypsen gene defect for panlobular issues) etc. Just the act of particles in there over time can be an issue and possible change your V/Q ratio by constant irritation and bronchiolitis is a concern too by irritation given time.

Do edibles. Might be better off for it. Smoke in the lungs is bad period, regardless of its source. I'd look at medical journals or things on pulmonology to get an idea there in regards to the chemicals in weed specifically since I'm basing it on just foreign irritants.

I can understand cocaine but acid isn't addictive nor it leave you wanting a stronger drug, in fact just doing acid occasionally is enough to burn you out and leave you not wanting it in you for a while.

I don't disagree. As I said: there is nothing present in marijuana plants that is directly carcinogenic. It is the process of burning plant material that produces carcinogens. Ignoring the fact that carcinogens can be (and are) produced by incomplete combustion of any kind of plant material and telling people "there is no indication that smoking weed can cause cancer" is a lie of omission. Obviously it's less likely to cause cancer than tobacco based on the empirical data, but this is almost entirely a function of smoking habits than the inherent difference in carcinogenicity of tobacco leaves vs. marijuana leaves, and possibly some of the inhibitory effects of THC, CBD, etc. in marijuana have a balancing effect. Nicotine is not carcinogenic, or even toxic in the concentrations in tobacco plants, either. It is the combustion products that are toxic.

You're not gonna smoke it forever. Even if you think you are.

I smoked for like 5 years when I was 18. I'm 28 now and fit as a fiddle.

It goes away after time, so fucking smoke up and enjoy it!

Kek. Alright, cargo shorts are a fashion faux pas. Noted.

All organic material which is heated until it turns brown/black produces polycyclic hydrocarbons which are highly carcinogenic....

You could vape it.

adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/respiratoryeffects.htm

Just look shit up before you regurgitate stuff your stoner friends told you. It'll prevent you from looking dumb.

health.com/smoking/can-you-get-lung-cancer-from-smoking-weed

so what we have here is an article stating that its plausible that it can cause cancer but it has not been studied enough to conclude anything (good or bad)

>inb4 your source does not align with my views so its wrong

Because most people try to play it off as a medical thing or a spiritual thing.

>
btw, is vape "smoke" actual smoke or is it more like steam?

Nah, smoke comes from burning stuff. And nothing is being burnt with vaping.

Vaping is the healthiest way to inhale shit.

how come i read somewhere its considered a class 2b carcinogen?

see >Vaporizers, which heat marijuana below combustion point, have been theorized to be a safer method of administration, producing lower levels of tar than cigarettes (Grotenhermen, 2001) and fewer respiratory symptoms reported by users (Earleywine & Smucker Barnwell, 2007). However, these devices have also been shown to release ammonia which, when inhaled, can cause irritation and central nervous system effects, as well as asthma and bronchial spasms (Bloor et al, 2008). More research on the potential use of vaporizers as a harm reduction technique is needed.

a real vaporizer just vaporizes the thc. probably the best way to inhale it

So are phones.

It all depends from person to person.
My friend's uncle smoked weed from when he was 25 till he was in the coffin.
And NO, he did not die from lung cancer or lung implicated diseases.
He turned 97 years old.
The man smoked everyday..

Man seriously, don't read all this bullshit, go smoke weed for a few years and enjoy the fuck out of it.

You won't smoke it forever, and any negative effects will be gone after a year or two, and you're not gonna be coughing your lungs up every day from a couple of years of blazing.

I posted:
but
is also largely correct. You should see an increased rate of cancer too in that group.

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/emphysema/symptoms-causes/syc-20355555

Pharmaceuticals are good if used correctly. Weed has its use too. This isn't either or. I'm neither pro drug nor anti drug. Whatever works. Your argument doesn't even totally relate to his.

So what about the cartridges of concentrates? There is no plant matter burning, can anyone say if pic related is bad for you.

I think you missed the 'Don't read all this bullshit' part

Be the first to die from it...just smoke so much that you die from it....do it...

suspending it in oil probably isnt good but pure thc (like in shatter) should be fine.

most people here are not arguing that THC is bad. but that the smoke is bad

No but no one can say that it isn’t bad for you either.

>I think you missed the 'Don't read all this bullshit' part

some people are smarter than retarded stoners, but have fun with your lung damage

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but smoking weed isn't anything new, why haven't we seen sky high rates of cancer in cannabis users?

I smoke just week, been doing it for two years now. Starting coughing up phlegm with black specs in it (suspected old blood). Had an x-ray, came back normal, lung functionality test normal, ct scan normal, a fucking broncoscopy and that was also normal. Stopped smoking weed and the black specs went away. Started smoking again and they came back (cause I can only cook edibles when parents are out of house).

Long story but yes weed smoke on its own will cause some weird and for sure unhealthly and quite likely permanent damage to your lungs

COPD

stick to bowls. Avoid cigarillos and joints