Have you ever met a big time musician before?

Have you ever met a big time musician before?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CzyFnsuSLU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

did u meet him or just take a pic of him

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Why didn't you sit on the seat across from him you stupid fuck? He's literally the most successful musician of all time and you could have met him. Jesus Christ

>copyright swns.com

>picture literally has name of website in bottom corner
>anons still think op saw paul mccartney

I want to meet pic related for a couple hours

>He's literally the most successful musician of all time
(Not true, by the way)

you fucks never answered my question. did OP meet him or not???

Sperg

umm, no honeycakes. Paul's albums have sold 700 million copies, dwarfing any other musician's total.

But my Scaruffi

???

I saw Maynard at a grocery store yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Never gets old

A few who are big in the rave scene.
Met Venetian Snares at a festival.
Met DJ Kentaro (World DMC Champion winner).
Partied with Skrillex after a rave one night (weird as fuck night).
Met some legendary drum and bass DJs (Andy C, DJ Friction, DJ Hazard, Mampi Swift, Congo Natty, Kenny Ken... too many to list).
Met a few bands probably not considered big time.

He said musicans though

I met Gregg Allman a few times.

met peter hook, conor oberst, a bunch others. the only one that really matters though is meating hunter hunt hendrix

Literally the only "big time" musician in this thread- except for OPs pic

what are you, fuckin stupid? i just said i met hunter from liturgy

Only old balding white people care about Gregg.
Lmao. The standard of Famous is going downhill.

If i saw him irl i would be the most embarassing fan ever following him around and asking him questions

Met all the guys from Battles once, that was cool

Dude was one of the most famous musicians of his time, a legendary singer/songwriter with a career that spanned 45yrs...and yet somehow that is not a good standard for "famous"

Could you be any more of a pleb?

not true.

pleb detected. the most famous musician mentioned in this thread.

I met Mani from the Stone Roses at a James gig a few years back.

I also went to a house party with DJ Q **Where the bassline mandem at tho?**

Money Mark knows my name and we talk when I go to this on venue

>Be me a few years back
>Semi-professional jazz musician with a big band, we did gigs at least once a week
>Be heading home from university
>See this dude standing around looking lost
>Ask him if he needs help at all
>Dude says he has 45 minutes to see the sights of my town
>Offer to show him as much as I can
>He accepts
>We spend the next 45 minutes walking around town, chatting with me explaining various parts and dragging up what history of the town I can remember.
>Amongst other things he asks about me, tell him what I'm studying and that I play jazz in my spare time
>45 minutes are up
>"Well hey, thanks user, this was really kind of you I appreciate what you did. As a little gift, I'd like you to have these."
>Dude pulls out two all access passes to a Wynton Marsalis concert going on that night
>I had wanted to go but didn't really have the money to spare
>Turns out the random dude I'd walked round town for 45 minutes was Wynton's tour manager
>Call my friend who also happens to be band leader of my big band
>We go and have one of the best nights of our lives
>Concert was great, really enjoyable and before and after we got to chat to Wynton and the other band members
>Talk after the concert slows down, and we figure we should take our leave as to not impose on them
>Make our excuses and begin to head off
>"Oh well that's a real shame fellas, we was gonna head over to the bar have some drinks and have a little private jam. We thought you'd want to come."
>holyshitfuckyes.jpg
>what was already a great night becomes a mindblowing one as we spend the night drinking (Wynton pays the whole tab) discussing and playing jazz and hanging out with these masters of jazz

Always offer random acts of kindness where you can Sup Forums. You never know where it will lead.

That fucking solo-face.

I meet myself every day

>go to some girl's house when I'm like 10 or something
>she's the daughter of Barry Hay (frontman of The Golden Earring (the band who played Radar Love))
>she tells me we can play Xbox (the original, which was new at the time)
>we sit down
>"WAIT WE HAVE TO GET A DRINK FIRST"
>she drags me to a huge refrigerator
>gets us both a few cans of soda
>"hey I want some J&B do you want some too?"
>I have no idea what J&B is but say yes anyway
>she pours some Coke in a cup and then fills up the cup with J&B
>the taste haunts me but I pretend to like it
>we get back to the xbox
>the only game she has is The Urbz
>for some reason the game doesn't work well and we can't get any gameplay
>the girl goes apeshit while trying to get the game to work
>her parents never check on us despite the girl screaming

Did you fuck?

This pasta is actually super believable with a Maynard. He is really like this.

>Only old balding white people
why is this sub overrun with white-hating antifa faggots the last week?

Jacob?

No I was 10.
Around that age one of my friends did ask me for sex, but he was a boy and when I declined he showed me his penis and ran around his room while screaming about how he wanted to have sex with me. I told his mom and from that point on he was no longer allowed to hang out with other kids after school.

No? Who are you?

Sounds like he wanted the D, bro.

Bella here
never could get The Urbz to work.

Haha.
I don't believe it's you, but I'm going to pretend it is anyway. Sup?

I think you're in there.

My mom's cousin was childhood friends with Gary Richrath from REO Speedwagon and he used to come over to their house and smoke pot with her cousin and play guitar up in his bedroom. Never met him but it's a neat story

What did he mean by this?

I met Lemmy once. I just shook his hand and told him to keep up the good work. True story.

What did he say?

I'll be fine

"I'll be fine"

Jarvis Cocker briefly

Had a nice chat with Gruff Rhys in a pub. Very nice bloke. Bought him a pint to make up for copying Radiator off a mate. Then he came and bought me one back and I was pissed and told him that Phantom Power and Lovekraft could've been combined to make one great album instead of two mediocre ones. Then they went on hiatus and I was sad in case I'd helped make up his mind.

I bumped into Father John Misty at electric picnic this year.

I've met;
Thurston Moore
Jon Gomm
Frank Turner
Avey Tare
Michael Gira
Bez
Ben Weinmen
Chuck D
Guthrie Govan
Boom N Twang (Jamiroquai)
Mr Scruff
Ask me anything

Also Laura Mvula

He just smiled and said thank you.

Where did you meet Avey, Gira and Thurston?

Avey - on the pavement outside a venue. He's pretty lame, quite cute.
Gira - At one of his shows, nice guy, good smile
Thurston - At a masterclass for my Uni, bad masterclass, good talker though, patrician taste

nice

I grew up in the same town and went to the same school as ed sheeran
seemed like an ok dude but didnt talk to him much

More like "Ed QUEERan", amirite?

You know hes hittin' the note right about then...coricidin bottle singing sweetly.

I met

Sammy Hagar- at a bar
Carlos Santana - walking down the street
James Hetfield- at a sports store

All pretty much in the same town in NorCal.

Derek Trucks- at a show when he was young
Willie Nelson's drummer...walked a few blocks with him after a show...

oh...and met Phil Lesh several times at his restaurant. if you dont know who he is you are a pleb

>Phil Lesh
Did you ask him about Bob's short-shorts?

I met Karen O at a gas station once. It was 2005. She was buying junk food, and she signed my hand. I wish I never washed my hand after that.

NO, JOHN; YOU ARE THE PLEBS.

sweet.

cool story bro. no...really.

You lucky shit.

Do you masturbate with that hand?

N-n-n-o-o....
maybe

no but there are pictures of them on the wall.

>“The thing about the Underground is nobody looks at anyone,” he adds. “If I do get somebody saying, ‘Are you Paul McCartney?’ I say, ‘Are you kidding? D’you think he’d be on the Underground?’ Then they go, ‘Oh yeah, well I suppose you’re right, yeah.’”
What a cheeky fella.

i smoked a cig with neige once, hes a pretty cool guy.

sorry...wut

Outside of Paul

>sub
_donald

he hadnt/hasnt actually been mentioned as having been met by user

I met Aaron Funk once, he was fun to hang out with.
I played at a club about three years ago and he was playing after me and we hung out in the meanwhile

>Aaron Funk
He was an absolute cunt when I saw him at a festival.
Like, a proper fucking rude dickhead.
His set was fucking ridiculous though.

Yeah, he does act like a douche in fairness, how long ago was the festival?

I met Four Tet in the crowd before a Radiohead gig. I asked him why he was here with us and not backstage or something. I can't remember his response. I told him I liked his music a lot and he said thanks. Nice guy.
I have not met Radiohead.

I haven't met Radiohead either.

>be a billionaire
>choose the use public transport just to show that he's a regular guy just like us

i beat up the misfits for lookin at me funny

holy shit thats dope

youtube.com/watch?v=CzyFnsuSLU8
1:03
Doyle would fuck you up.

I gave the keyboard player from Mew a light in the parking lot of a venue last month. I didn't know what they looked like, so I didn't even know he was in the band.

You clearly havent. Thats Faul, not real Paul.

That was your first mistake
You took your lucky break and broke it in two