So who will ended up being the Greatest cricketer of this generation among the fab 4?

steve smith

I'll go with kohli. Smith's batting is a meme.
Kohli will be great in all three formats plus he's most enjoyable to watch amongst the four.

Root, obviously

Smith>Root>Williamson>>>Kohli

it goes smith>>>williamson≄root>>>>>>kohli currently. if root proves himself as a captain, gets more consistent with pushing from 50 to 100 and proves himself in australia he will be at the same level as smith. kholi is a meme who statpadded against a shit tier england spin attack and got found out against nathan lyon and steve o'meme. his attitude is poor, takes everything incredibly personally and needs to stop being a 12 year old edgelord. smith is clearly a level above them all as a batsman, and is a proven captain who can get lots out of his players and commands respect.

>he will be at the same level as smith
KEK no

Smith is a literal run machine, no one is ever going to get close to him this generation

agree with everything else especially truthbombs re: kohli

you do realise all these conditions are incredibly hard? root is a 50 machine, he doesn't convert. there's a 700 run difference between smith and root, and considering that root has 10 less centuries it is entirely plausible that if he had a similar conversion rate to smith he would have a similar average. none of the conditons i've laid out for root to equal smith are anywhere near easy to achieve, he's a good distance below smith

1 Smith
2 Root
3 Kohli
4 Williamson

>3rd fastest to 20 Test centuries
>meme
Pick one.

>all three formats
Limited overs cricket is the real meme.

why do indians dick ride limited overs so much
must have something to do with beign third world

Probably because they can't play Pakistan in Test cricket anymore (correct me if I'm wrong).

Would Indians cut their dick off to see their international players play? I remember when I went to watch Yorkshire once and we were just shouting shit at Yuvraj whilst he was fielding on the boundary in front of about 500 fans

they used to be obsessed with test cricket, but started losing matches and the 'old guard' started retiring so they lost interest. they started having success in limited overs cricket so they started following that more. they gain interest again in test cricket during home series on doctored pitches where they beat up weaker teams, lose interest as soon as they go abroad and get rolled over due to the players arrogance that they don't have to adapt/play differently in different conditions/don't have doctored pitches

Cricket is gay

no

I certainly can't enjoy smoths batting which is why it's a meme.its not enjoyable

we're literally the no 1 TEST side

>and is a proven captain who can get lots out of his players and commands respect

>if root scored as much as smith he'd have a similar average

englel embarassing themselves in cricket related matters once again

you get fucking ass blasted every time you step off the subcontinent though

england can't even win a series in fucking windies lad

>talking thing that happened around a 6 years ago hmm.
apart from the two whitewashes under Dhoni's captaincy. We did alright in the millennium overseas.

For me, it's Kane.

and? england are shit as well

poo in loo tho

w-what do lads ?

Williamson>Kohli>powergap>Root>Smoth

All I know is, not Williamson.

Send him a dick pic.

>subhuman opinions

she lives like 600 m away. Should I meet her at the weekend?

you got blown out by the weakest england side in the last 20 years in england

root will choke his captaincy away and end up irrelevant.

for me it's kohli.

>prime cook
>prime kp
>prime Swann
>prime Monty
it was the best English side in 20 yrs

>mfw you btfo 5-0 by the weakest Aussies side, and drew 2-2 with literally shit tier paki side at home lmao

i meant the last tour we won 3-1, just after we got blown out by australia. we had:
>cook not scored a test century in nearly 2 years
>sam robson, test average of dead on 30
>gary ballance
>jos buttler
>moeen ali took nearly 20 wickets
>chris woakes before he was elite
>chris jordan

We did win at lords which was ok. It was a young team almost the same which is no 1 today. They learned from there unlike England.
It was 5 test matches so 20 wickets is average.

Why are you asking on /cric/?
Possibly the highest concentration of NEET virgins on Sup Forums lol

>Indian calling anything subhuman

Your country is literally a heap of shit, you have done nothing significant in centuries, grow up and hang yourself, retard

What happened to the niggers in Cricket? No major star around?

west indies have been shit for a while, brain lara was the last great nog batsman and even he played in a shit team for the most part

>Rating based kohli last
s m h t b h f a m

Fucking racists

Haha lmao good banter top kek real funny mate

>subhuman coloured

KEK

Exterminate yourself

*pretends to understand cricket but can't due to disgusting nigger genetics*

*smashes the keyboard in frustration at having once again been denied a chance to "banter with the lads"*

*chimps out*

*LARPs as an educated boer hoping to migrate to Australia despite being a nigger living in a literal mud hut*

*rapes the nearest white woman*

*votes for zuma*

As much as I hate smelly pooey Indians it's probably Kohli. He also has probably the best team too.

Kane is second best but is in the worst team.

I think Smith is a meme and I think his batting technique is a meme but I did a project in statistics in college where I tried to prove that Smith only scored runs on hard flat pitches against shit teams at home and all I ended up proving was that he was consistently good, so maybe I just don't like the guy.

Root has that one weird shot when it's full and wide that gets him out and usually doesn't go past 50. At the same time England play a fuck load of tests and Root got back problems.

Kohli > Kane > Smith = Root

There isn't a single metric in which Smith does not come out on top

>England have green tops for their swing babbies
>not doctored

>Australia have bouncy track for their bounce babbies
>not doctored

>India have spinning wickets for our spingods
>Reeeeeeeeeeeeee doctored pitches

Das racist desu
Not our problem white people can't handle our spingods

>I am a normie
>what do?

how contrived
kill yuorself

>I did a project in statistics in college where I tried to prove that Smith only scored runs on hard flat pitches against shit teams at home

Australian pitches aren't doctored, no. They're fast, hard and bouncy because that's what Australian soil and climate produces. Same with England and their green wickets. The most defining part of English cricket comes from their climate anyway, which obviously can't be doctored. Australian pitches aren't unfair either. They always offer something for everyone at different stages of the game. Indian pitches are just spinners' paradises the whole fucking game.

Indian pitches are doctored and that's a fact. They've gone from perfectly reasonable pitches given the conditions to literal garbage in Nagpur and Pune where pie chuckers can open the bowling and bamboozle the best players in the world. In Pune for instance, the pitch curator wanted to have a thin covering of grass over the pitch so it wouldn't crack before the game started but the BCCI told him to remove it. That's the literal definition of pitch doctoring.

if I'm a normie then why am I still a virgin huh?

Smith > Kohli > Williamson > Root

Honestly, after this series, you'd have to be pretty delusional to put anyone but Smith first. Sure, his meme technique might get exposed in the future, but the fact is that he is dominating all over and averages above 60 after 50 tests. Fucking 60. That is massive.

With Kohli, I think we've forgotten that before this bumper home summer, he's never really looked as good as the other three in tests, normies mostly rate him on his t20 effort chases. Before the WI series, he was ranked 17th, whereas the others in the "fab four" were all in the top 5. He's caught up considerably, but I'd wait until he gets exposed to real attacks before calling him anything better than the least accomplished of the three.

Kane is probably the hardest one to judge, at times he seems like he isn't as good - his average often isn't above 50; he hasn't had a bumper season when he's averaged 100 for a summer like the others etc, but you can put a lot of that down to the fact that he plays in the weakest team of the three, and routinely has to bat alongside literal shitters against bowlers with their tails up. I remember the 100 he got in Brisbane, it was literally like everyone else in the NZ team was playing on a totally different pitch. The massive pressure he has compared to the other guys must affect his ability to make big hundreds. Sure, we've seen Smith and Root in those situations recently, but we've also seen Smith routinely chugging along with poostralia on 366/2 and not a tiny bit of pressure in the world on him. Makes it a lot easier to bat when you don't have to worry about shitters at the other end.

Root is probably the most forgettable of the four. He seems incredibly consistent, but often falls just when England don't need him to, with the whole 35 fifties to 10 hundreds meme conversion rate.

IMO

Smith >>>>>>>>>> Kane>Root>>>>Kohli

Root

There is no way this isn't Daniel

It's hard to tell. Such a quintessentially Daniel post could have easily been made by statscunt pretending to be Daniel.

I feel like that narrative has been over for a while
Statsy just posts gay shit and copypasted mattposts these days

I don't think you can ever count the statscunt out. I think we are yet to hit the depths of his autism.

stop saying "literally", daniel

despite migrating to reddit, daniel's lexicon is limited to that of 2015 au/sp/

As and avid reader of Pooniel's reddit account I can confirm that he "literally" cannot stop saying "kek" "t. X" and making poo jokes despite being on r/cricket or rugbyunion (his rugby opinions are even more casual than his cricketing opinions)

>All three formats

Indians are cancer

>If root scored more runs he would have a higher average

This is close to the dumbest thing I've heard on Sup Forums and that includes Mexicans during the world cup

>and commands respect.
JEJ

The Autism Spectrum

ohwait..

>ohwait..