Bands/artists who weren't famous during their active years

Let's start with an obvious one.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080214165823/http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/yearend_chart_display.jsp?f=The+Billboard+200&g=Year-end+Albums&year=1968
youtube.com/watch?v=QXmz_AphfGs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hendrix, not famous during his active years?
Oh, no. I guess hang in out with The Beatles, having an open rivalry with The Who, and having Brian Jones fly out to a music festival for the sole purpose of introducing you to your own countrymen at your very first big concert in your home country means you're an unknown. What was I thinking? I guess all those documentaries on Jimi Hendrix had it all wrong, eh, OP?

Such thing doesn't exist (at least in music)

what about session musicians?

He literally only had one minor hit single.

me.

2pac and Sublime

The experience was nowhere near as popular as you make it out to be. They were famous, sure, but Hendrix was more of a star amongst musicians rather than the public.

This thread is about people who weren't famous, not about who wasn't popular.

There IS a difference between the two.
And for the record, Jimi Hendrix was way more popular than you give hi credit for.

You're not English, are you?

Jimi was the worlds highest paid rock musician in 1969 and headlined fucking Woodstock. Cant get more famous than that.

Are You Experienced was the best selling album of 1967.

The velvet underground

OP are you retarded?

web.archive.org/web/20080214165823/http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/yearend_chart_display.jsp?f=The+Billboard+200&g=Year-end+Albums&year=1968

and they still aren't

Björk?

Eva Cassidy

She's still active and pretty well known. Debut garnered plenty of acclaim when it was released.

Is this bait or are you actually this retarded.

Slint

Lots of punk/hardcore bands are better know now then they were during their prime. E.g. Black Flag

robert johnson

The Beatles

At the drive-in

youtube.com/watch?v=QXmz_AphfGs

Sgt Pepper was released that year?