Fear is used as a tool to market guns

Fear is used as a tool to market guns.

If you own a gun for any other reason than hunting, it's because you are afraid.

No other reason. Prove me wrong.

Sport and Target shooting exist.

>If you learn a martial art for any other reason than fitness, it's because you are afraid.

I can think of a few reasons to own a gun that doesn't involve hunting and doesn't involve fearing for you life.
>becoming an hero
>mass shootings
>theft
>science

I'm pretty against guns being so readily available, but they are cool and shooting at targets for sport seems fun.

Pretty much.

>if you own a waifu body pillow for any other reason than getting a good night's sleep, it's because you're a degenerate loser

Pretty much.

Yeah, they are afraid of paper targets.

Fear = survival

Fear is sometimes an appropriate response. I live in a shitty neighborhood. I've woken up to gunshots a few times. One of these days a gang of niggers could kick in my door looking to rob me or worse, but I'll be ready. What's your plan? Roll over and present your butthole for their reaming?

>if you lock your door for any other reason than to prevent a draft blowing it open, you're afraid

>if you put a password on your bank account for any other reason than enjoying typing, you're afraid

>if you wear heavy clothing in the winter for any other reason than being stylish, you're afraid

>if you carry bear spray with you on a hike for any other reason than liking the scent, you're afraid

>if you lock your car door for any other reason than hearing the click sound, you're afraid

So fear then?

Pretty much.

Thanks for proving my point. It's all fear.

If you have a gun you’re not afraid of shit, been in a few situations where someone who had a concealed carry license just had to flash their gun and diffused the situation.

Trained gun owners understand that using their weapon is only a last resort when all other options are out the window. If you have a license your piece is registered to you, the ones committing crimes typically stole the guns they have or bought them illegally. Making it harder for ppl to get legal guns will just keep more in the hands of criminals. It’s sad this shit keeps happening but the alternative is much worse. If only the police have them they can do as they wish, if only criminals have them same scenario.

But fear was the reason for purchasing in the first place.

Why are you so obsessed with fear? Is it this desperate need to see people who disagree with you as weak and lesser? If you're not afraid of bad things happening to you and your family, you're a fucking retard. Fear motivates self preservation.

I have a fair collection. 15 or so firearms ranging from black powder, to hand guns, to sport rifles like AR and IWI. I like owning firearms because I enjoy shooting. Particularly my shotgun. Browning A5 that I use when clay shooting. If you haven't shot for sport, then you shouldn't comment on the reasons why people own firearms. It's actually an enjoyable sport.

I get your argument, and its a valid argument. I am just not sure what point you are trying to make?

You ignore a point here, you assume the contra is to make it "harder" for people to get guns. If its illegal for people to have guns, then anybody with a gun would be a criminal, and could then be arrested for ownership.

This removes the home defence, and concerned citizen arguments, and while shootings during robberies, burglaries, or street arguments might still occur, I think its unlikely to skyrocket and more likely to drop, see below. Your argument that the "alternative is much worse" is unsubstantiated.

I think its a valid argument that 90% or more of those carrying guns in the US, whether legally or illegally, are fucking retards. If they carry the guns through fear, or through criminal or violent intent, then they are likely to use them unwisely.

Trained gun owners, being the 10%, who use their firearms sensibly, diffusing situations and acting as concerned citizens preventing robberies, are as likely to get shot as not in the course of this, chaos being what it is.

So you could argue that trained gun owners who are responsible, should either be members of law enforcement or voluntary law enforcement (do you have this in the UK - we have hobby bobbies - special constables - here who would not be allowed to carry guns, but US is a different ballgame).

If they are that desperate to carry and use a gun, that they wish to use a firearm in defending and protecting, you could say that desire should be used in public service only.

Of course there will be nut jobs desperate to use a gun but adequate screening in police and armed forces should be present.

And then you say that the police can do as they wish. Now I understand that there may be more police brutality and abuse of power in the US, but perhaps only as a factor of scale. I would hazard that in 50% of the cases the criminal is armed or suspected to be?

Gun owners are retarded redneck Jesus-freaks, too, don't forget about that aspect.

Do you *need* to own the weapons to participate in the sport?

If I went to a party and knew someone had a gun, legal or not I would be pretty scared. My chances of dying would be exponentially increased.

I'm not afraid, I live in a place of almost zero violent crime, especially random violent crime. I just find it funny how fear is used as a marketing to and people buy up guns to mitigate that. I thought people on Sup Forums were smart or at least they think they are, yet they aren't smart enough to see they are just being manipulated for the benefit of corporations.

Are you throwing sticks and rocks at the targets? Either clays or paper? It's kind of a necessity. Not many places do rentals.

If you haven't had your ass pounded by a giant negro man, you shouldn't comment on the reasons why people would enjoy sodomy. It's actually an enjoyable sex.

Look, I don't care if someone wants to get buttsecks from a giant black dude. Have at it. Just don't be a douche bag to people. Life is simple that way.

>science
I'm pretty sure if you own a firearm, all the science that can be done has been done with that firearm already. what the fuck are you going to do, measure the parabolic path the bullet took when it left the barrel?

>No other reason. Prove me wrong.

Prove you wrong? You're an asshole, so you're automatically wrong.

Please, feel free to not own a weapon. Be a snowflake. Let the big, strong policeman protect you.

As for myself, I'm only too pleased to own a target pistol and a couple of revolvers. Assembling an AR15 clone is fun and it's a fucking tack driver. Shooting is fun. I like being armed.

Unarmed men are subjects. Armed men are citizens.

Yeah, I missed out sport. That is acceptable.

I used to hunt when I was young, and joined a target club for a while. The guys there were all colossal losers though, they treated their guns like their kids, totally obsessed, so I went back to hunting.

>You're an asshole, so you're automatically wrong.
if only this were true... then maybe we wouldn't have a cheetoh for prez

yea I'm afraid and so should you cuck

Events of recent history indicate that Americans are setting a course for the end of their own great nation. The ever growing trend in this country is to judge people not by their individual character, but by their identity as a member of a specific group. No one has ever succeeded or failed in life as a result of their group affiliation. A person's success or failure is also not based on luck, but on the sum total of the decisions that they have made. Those who succeed do so through good work ethic and their wise use of their power to choose. The opposite is true for those who fail. The ideals of individual accountability and responsibility in the United States are dying everyday. A gun cannot be responsible for a death, just as a shovel cannot be responsible for digging a ditch. Both are only tools that have no will of their own. Responsibility is an adjunct of conscious choice and is the price we pay for freedom. Freedom is also a tool. It's an essential tool that is needed by human beings if they are to prosper, rather than to merely survive. Yet there are those who would rather trade their freedom for security. Some believe that it is the responsibility of government to provide freedom. In truth, we form government to ensure and protect the freedom that is already inherently ours.

Some can get that way, totally agree with you. Luckily where I live, there's (maybe) 10% of the shooters at the range that act like that. It's mainly used like golfing in other areas. A place for people to go, shut off the cell phone and relax. Enjoy something they like doing with minimal interruption.

Am i afraid if i own gun to collect on a wall? I don't have or buy ammo. never use my guns for anything. Do i still fall into your category of "afraid"?

> (You)
>>You're an asshole, so you're automatically wrong.
>if only this were true... then maybe we wouldn't have a cheetoh for prez

Ah, a butthurt snowflake. Clinton was not an acceptable candidate. It really is that simple. Clinton or Trump? Not Clinton.

Suck it up.

>Unarmed men are subjects. Armed men are citizens.

So, what do you differently as a citizen?

You own a gun because you are afraid of being unarmed due to marketing.

Also, snowflake isn't an insult, it's like calling a white guy a cracker.

i thought mosin was cool when they were selling for 100 bucks and my .22 was a gift.

>So, what do you differently as a citizen?

May I presume that you're in your early 20s?

>clinton was not acceptable
and that makes trump the only viable candidate. you're what's wrong with this country. and take your buzzwords and shove them up your ass.

Is it right next to your katana you weeb fuck?

News flash. None of the candidates are acceptable. Please vote Mickey mouse next time.

Very well worded. I agree user. Well done.

No, you may not. Nice dodge tho.

No man, you have to pick a side. How can you be controlled if not?

Haha. I know I've won the argument cause you resort to insults instead of a counter! You got nothin xD

>Sheaths katana-da

Omaewa mou shinderu.

>If you collect model trains or do any sort of hobby, you are afraid.

Mickey is a side. Those mouseketeer hats? Mind controllers.

target shooting is a sport. as a matter of fact, it's even an Olympic sport.

I have an AR-15 because I enjoy taking it out to the range or in the woods to shoot at targets and work on my skills.

I don't hunt anymore, but I used to.

Wut? You're argument is an outlier, if you have a non-functioning gun on the wall it's because you're a loser. You're not even in the debate senpai.

nice try. too bad your comparison doesn't work.

Really? Collecting things just because you have a passion for them is a bad comparison?
I just think you are too stupid to grasp that concept kek

most people don't collect guns just for collecting sake. and when was the last time you used a toy train (or even pretended you would eventually use a toy train) to protect yourself?

>shooting random objects in order to observe their rapid deconstruction isn't science
Okay.

I like how the fact that we didn't vote Trump automatically makes us Hillary supporting snowlflake liberals.

I guess it shows your age/mental capacity when you can't see beyond black and white choices. Going all in with Trump is the same as going full retard.

ok. good point, didn't really think about it. I enjoy watching those high res high speed footage of watermelons being shot too.

b-b-but crooked hillary

>Most people
>No other reason
Are you fucking retarded?
Also I collect gas masks just because I find them cool, it is a common thing to do. I can understand the appeal in guns, I find them pretty cool and would collect them if it were legal.
Also, before you say I am "afraid" because I own gasmasks, most of them are obsolete and don't work, plus I don't have any working filters lying around.

Your analogy was just shitty, accept it.

Fair point about "most" people. But the original post by OP said that firearms are used for hunting only, or you're afraid. "Prove me wrong"

There's been quite a few people that have proven OP wrong.

I collect firearms as well. I even have a black powder musket made by my grandfather. I also posted above where people enjoy shooting for sport like clays and distance target shooting.

OP has been proven wrong. There are other reasons to own firearms. Not just fear. I don't buy for fear. I buy for sport.

Whoa, it's illegal? Where do you live that it's illegal?

/thread

You just admitted that I was right, so I must have done something right.
My analogy was good, you haven't told me why it was bad and I find it quite fitting.
Owning something because you think they are interesting is a common thing, guns are used throughout history and are an interesting tool of killing.
Just as some people collect model trains, some people collect guns because they are interesting or have a historical value, same as with trains.

>>no other reason
??
>I collect gas masks!
good for you

basically, your argument is you think I anticipate people to NEVER collect guns and only have them to stockpile and live in paranoia (not true), and that most people (who you've never met) probably own a bunch of guns, simply because they like their aesthetics (also, not true).
there are many kinds of people in this world. there are collectors, and there are deranged nuts that want to build an arsenal. the latter is much more common.

so whats the problem with fear.
Guns have the nick name of "great equalizer" and "peace maker" for a reason

there are bullies that are physically bigger, there are men that rape women

people should be able to choose their ability to secure themselves physically. Are you saying that women just have to be vunerable to rape and cant protect themselves? Are you saying that men can be robbed by a group of thugs and cant protect themselves? And you are saying that people should be able to protect themselves then why not with a gun? It preparation to handle unwanted events. When we have police robots on all corners then things can change. Until then I need a gun to be autonomus and secure.

prove me wrong

protip: ur a liberal cuck whit the inability to prove anything you just copy pasta what you read by the tyrants that run ur life

I conceded to sport, in that case I was proven wrong, collecting is also acceptable although a bit pointless. I should have added it.

>a bit pointless
until the day the niggers take over and you can finally take one of those bad boys off the wall and start raising hell

>Fear is used as a tool to market guns.

>If you own a gun for any other reason than hunting, it's because you are afraid.

>No other reason. Prove me wrong.

>NO OTHER REASON

>basically, your argument is you think I anticipate people to NEVER collect guns and only have them to stockpile and live in paranoia (not true)

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU CONTRADICTING TROGLODYTE

ah, I see what is wrong with you. you think I'm OP.

Ah, okay, that actually explains a lot, my bad

You're right. I'm afraid of some low life scum coming into my house to kill and or steal my shit. I'm afraid that some insane fuck like the texas/nevada shooters are going to try to hurt me or my loved ones. You're a fool, if shit like that doesn't scare you.

I love the phrase "peace maker". like it makes any fucking sense at all. war is a constant. any peace maker can be replicated, and thus becomes common place and no longer a tool used to frighten others into inaction.
that was our intention with nuclear weapons. and now look at us.

So fear then?

wouldn't it be nice if we could live in a country where that shit didn't happen daily? I'm thinking of moving. America is tapped. this place is gonna go in the next 20 years or so.

>everyone lives in happyland

>To dumb to try and make improvements
Disqualified

Maybe move? Honestly, if you live in fear, why not move somewhere safer, it can't be healthy.

Yes, we own guns because we are afraid. but fear is a natural feeling every human hace when they face a iminent danger. If i see some random guy shooting people, i can get a gun for defending myself, but i don't think anybody would do this to maeket guns.

>too dumb to know the difference between "too" and "to"
invalidated.

I've been considering getting a gun because I'm afraid of the lunatics who have guns to commit crimes with. Where do we go from There? Because banning guns will only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Some people would rather die than give up their guns. And having only the police and criminals able to have guns is a moronic idea. Then I would truly feel afraid.

So fear is your reason then?

and they worked. Nuclear weapons keep the top powers from fighting it out in wars more brutal than WW2. If it wasn't for nuclear deterrence how many times do you think countries with huge militaries and devastating weapons would be duking it out? China, Russia, India, United States and Europe are not killing each other, they pick on countries that don't have them. Why do you think Iran and North Korea want them?

I'm a Marine. I like to shoot. Not fear. If anything I have a healthy fear of other people around me operating firearms. Any one of them could get a wild hair up their ass & turn the gun on me or someone else. Being around people with firearms = trust. I don't trust anybody.

>Because banning guns will only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.
newsflash: law-abiding citizens only become criminals AFTER they commit a crime. the people that seem to be committing these mass shootings are typically law-abiding citizens before they start pulling the trigger on a crowd of people. the law-abiding citizen argument is bullshit

Australia says hi. A convict nation that is pretty much what you just described, without the fear perpetuated by corporations to sell you shit. You are the same with pharmaceuticals.

It doesn't matter where you go. There's evil all over this planet.

I don't own a gun, but I would if I lived in the us
And you're a retard

Here I even sectioned off a piece for you stupid
>Please, feel free to not own a weapon. Be a snowflake. Let the big, strong policeman protect you.

Crazy gun people here are are a big reason why we aren't under tyrannical rule

>Trusting the government
Get the fuck out of here

>how many times
well... the thing is... it will only take one. it doesn't matter how many people's deaths it has prevented, if the ultimate fate is nuclear warfare. NK is building nukes, and just maybe crazy enough to use them. sure it has prevented war, but for how long? and are we better off for it?

this. it's all corporatism to make money off of fear. god bless america

Owning a gun doesn't always have to do with fear. I own a weapon for self defense and my purchase was not out of fear. I have a family and I want to protect them just in case something happens. It's like getting life insurance at a young age. You buy it just in case something was to happen. Not out of fear of dying an early death.

>evil
oh jeez... let's not get into human constructs that don't really exist.

I live in fucking Phoenix. I'd be stupid not to have guns.

I've never felt afraid. More like, I'd be stupid to not have them.

It's okay to be afraid.

>Buying a gun? You're afraid
>Eww there's a gun I'm turning into a massive pussy

I'm of the same mind, sort of. Truth be told, if you have a gun on your person you are more at risk than if you don't.

Guns aren't going away tho. So I feel like if everyone is packing, then why would I not be packing. The fear factor is real & carrying makes one feel safe.

I've even heard testimonials of concealed carriers during mass shootings, not using their guns because they thought it would make them a target of law enforcement.

So, it doesn't make you more safe - yet I still want to carry. Hm.

technically when someone breaks into my house it's time to hunt a human, did I find a loophole in your logic?

>If you own a gun for hunting, you are a pussy
>Go make a bow, little bitch

>I've even heard testimonials of concealed carriers during mass shootings, not using their guns because they thought it would make them a target of law enforcement.
funny.

>hunt a human
and you should be in a psych ward

Because it's fun. Also fear is healthy.

Healthy for corporate balance sheets.