The National - Sleep Well Beast

Is this their Kid A?

Sorry I haven't listened to it yet so I can't comment.
Thanks for reading.

>band that makes the same album over and over again makes the same album again

wow, so great. 10/10

No worries, speak soon.

Yeah, ia gree all Radiohead albums sound the same

That just isn't true

Neither is the post it's mimicking. Sleep Well Beast is the band's Kid A in the sense that it implements a lot more electronics than ever before, but not in the sense it completely changes their genre and style.

>listens to Warp and Kid A once

yeah I think it is. it was a good album.

Guilty Party and tittle track have literally identical beat

I think it's intentional, but I can't figure why. Heard there's an I Still Destroy Sample somewhere in the middle too.

(also your post applies to 2nd part of Weird Fishes and Jigsaw Falling Into Place, so IR is bad now)

They all sound like garbage so teah you're right

Not sure if i'd call it their Kid A, but it's really good.

Not as good as self-titled, but eh, what are ya gonna do. Hard to top something as good as that.

>Not as good as self-titled
What

Hm? It's well-regarded as one of their best, albeit much different than their future stuff (except SSFDL).

>It's well-regarded as one of their best
If their s/t is your favorite album then more power to ya. I'm a SSFDL stan so I can't judge. But that just ain't true, it's probably the least well-regarded album in their entire discography alongside Sad Songs

Don't mind that guy. It's literally one user in every National thread on Sup Forums who's adamant about S/T being considered their best album. Literally no one else I've ever talked to about the band -- in person or online -- has shared such praise for the debut above everything else. I don't think it's an unlistenable record but there's absolutely no way it outshines Alligator, Boxer, or High Violet.

lmao fair enough. Like I said, I don't have a problem with anyone who thinks that's their best record. But going into all of these threads and trying to push the narrative that it's universally considered their best, or even praised by the majority of fans, is really weird

Ah the ol reddit switcharoo!

Literally their worst record.

its just kid okay

Fuck it this way funny idc