Why are former British colonies better than the coloniser itself?

Why are former British colonies better than the coloniser itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/21f/21f.027/civilization_and_barbarism/cb_essay05.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

It means exactly what he said?

nothing can come close to being as glorious as great britain

Well, what does "better" mean? By what metric? More powerful? Better to live in?

Why has france been cucked at every engagement since Trafalgar?

Dutch/French influence

Yeah nah frogcuck

Why are your former colonies (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) superior to your country UK?

You still haven't explained to me what "superior" means. If you mean in terms of quality of life and world influence, those four countries have enormous inherent advantages over the UK.

Canada, Aus, and NZ are superior to UK. USA is a shit hole by comparison though.

>world influence
I'd laugh if any former colony outside the US tried to make that claim

>meanwhile in ex-french territories

Eh there's a lot of variance among the states. Louisiana is shittier than the UK for sure, but I'd much rather be middle class in Massachusetts, Maine or Connecticut than in England.

Tbqh, the American poor is wealthier than the middle class here or pretty much anywhere else in Europe

Why? The middle class in England is still considerably better off than in the average american state.

>the American poor is wealthier than the middle class here or pretty much anywhere else in Europe

That simply isn't true, especially when you take social wealthare into consideration.

This твн. England is too miserable for me.

Which begs the question: what is an average American state? I live in New Jersey for example and my parents are middle class (dad is a primary care doc, mom is an accountant): they own a nice sized home with a lawn in the suburbs, and a shore house on a big plot of land for the summer, in addition to several vehicles. Could the middle class live like this in England?

>dad is a primary care doc,

Don't doctors make a small fortune extorting people in the US? I'd hardly consider that middle class.

No that is upper class here. Really the "middle class" is a very New World phenomenon, here you're either the one shovelling shit or the one getting his shit shovelled.

>Don't doctors make a small fortune extorting people in the US?

Primary care is bottom of the barrel in America. My dad owns his own practice and probably nets around 160k USD annually these days. My mom works for him so she doesn't have a seperate income.

real pleb hours

>nets around 160k USD annually

According to google the median annual household income in the US is $51,939. So he's netting triple what the average family makes in the year.

That's not middle class.

Lol alri fine Bruce my family is petit bourgeois.

Sweden is pretty much a country of peasants, m8. The whole of Scandinavia together has less economic output than 'straya

I'm just saying man, the average american lives in squalid semi-third world conditions. The middle class in the UK is far better off.

I think "better" is subjective and not worth arguing about. I think a better metric would be buying power of the middle class and protected rights. I'm biased but I much prefer our view of rights to those in most of Europe. For buying power, I would have to look it up.

I do want to add that shitskin minorities fuck up our average, unlike in Europe where it is more homogeneous. I have a blue collar job and I live in one of the the poorest parts of the US (South West/Mexico) but I still make more than the national average ($75k last year). Whites who try at all do well in America.

Niggers and spics fuck up the average. It also varies a lot by region because the USA is a large country.

Also, I'd like to point out that it's not the doctors themselves extorting people, but rather the hospitals, pharma and insurance companies who really affect policy. In fact many doctors here wish to see us implement an NHS style healthcare system.

Even the wealthiest states are only like 65k on average

that is LITERALLY the point of colonising
australia is literally the opposite of britain

>It also varies a lot by region

Oh you mean like every single fucking country on earth including the UK?

Yea yea, currycuck

they just are

It's our fault if Syrians are fucking barbarian subhumans?

Yes it is actually lmao. Maybe you shouldn't have exploited sectarian tensions to divide the population among themselves for ease of governance, Pierre, and tried to build real functioning institutions.

No, the highest that map measures is >$65k, so you only know that it is MORE than $65k. The question is, what does that buy you here vs the UK. Again, whites will average higher than that.

Honestly, I don't know how much it varies in the UK, you would have to tell me. I did assume that it varied more here due to the illegal and legal immigration in the south and disproportionate black population. Perhaps I am wrong.

Yeah? That's the point of Colonising, you dumb Frog.

No wonder you lot were so fucking bad at it.

The United States is an Eden-like Continent fortress about three times the size of the European shelf put together.
Australia and Canada both have around ~50 million acres of arable land, around ten times as much as the UK.
Britain is a very crowded island with poor natural resources by comparison. So from the start we're hamstrung a little. (I suppose New Zealand may be similar in that respect).
Most of the American liberties, safe and equal government and fairness under the law that they take for granted stemmed from British traditions. In fact from a British (well, at least my personal) perspective, the former colonies seem to us like our eccentric kin.
The purposes of the British colonies was in essence to create a better world, there were even quite a few explicitly utopian colonies in the early United States.
There are probably many more reasons I can't think of, it's an interesting question though.

we dindu nuffin wrong

we good bois

it's da syrians who're stupid

Since Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan or Nigeria were British colonies, I guess it means you were shitty masters as well, right?

>sierra leone
>SA
>Egypt
>canada

Afghanistan wasn't a British colony.

Yes Canada is better than Britain. I'd have to disagree with America but I liked their cold weather so maybe I'm just odd.

It was pretty much your bitch.

Well, in a military or a political sense perhaps, but the context of Afghanistan at the time is really hard to explain or translate to modern times. Colony is very misleading, it was more like a buffer state intended to keep the Russians from expanding into Asia

I have to say, the world owes a lot to Anglos. Without the British empire things would have been worse (and less white).

no we don't

kys roleplaying scumbags

Canada?

And both SA and Egypt are two of the best countries in Africa, or were until recently.

Go home Chang.

Anyway the real question is which has a better standard of living, Canada or Australia? They both have shitty climates of course.

I was just fishing for replies when I mentioned Canada desu. Point still stands, there are a shitton of shitty colonies for every country that managed to get those, but the developed ones stand out for being developed.

>it was more like a buffer state intended to keep the Russians from expanding into Asia

BRITISH PERFIDY KICKS IN

they both have temperate areas
it was like 30 degrees in parts of canada this week, a canadian in /brit/ was complaining about it

Who did it and why the fuck is it in French?

Would you really want a world with a stronger Russia?

would you hug an american...?

Go back to Africa, lad.

No.

But do I really want to live in a world controlled by Britain...?

I'm totally french, tho

We should shut up, in terms of ex-colonies, I wish we could look at one and think of it fondly and proudly.
All our ex-colonies are shitholes.

Things in the 19th century and early 20th century were going fine until Germany started to chimp out

The krauts will pay for this

Mark my words

Lebanon?

ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/21f/21f.027/civilization_and_barbarism/cb_essay05.html

They already are because of the whole refugee situation, even though it's cooled down (for now), real problem is they're trying to take the rest of Europe down with them

Quebec is nice though

>Parisian
>pro-revolutionaries/anarchists
>defended (((Dreyfus)))

Disgusting