youtube.com/watch?v=PIrI50wSAYs
youtu.be/ics13Z9Iz_A
youtu.be/f8emMlC3fVE
youtube.com/watch?v=FhwPtxbU9-A
dropbox.com/s/fqqbdhlt6idbtik/experimentbox.mp3?dl=0
youtu.be/gLsdR7K14xE
youtu.be/bdUWD1O8TH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good record. Their second is neat too, though more of a melodeath direction, I think Intestine Baalism fans would dig that one.

post 70s metal now
youtube.com/watch?v=IbiFkS4XwG8
youtube.com/watch?v=JGftIcp2SC0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6z-nxAYhGw

RIFFQUISITION

>autumnal edition
read that as autismal and it made more sense

autumn is the most /comfy/ season
youtube.com/watch?v=bM9VQMWcIQg

>drone "metal"

Why is Dissection considered partly melodeath?

Their use of diatonic melody influenced shitty bands like Black Dahlia Turder

Why is everything in Japan ten times better?
youtu.be/MBjiwc053ls?t=142

You can never win now
PAY FOR ALL YOUR SINS

t. Galneryus poster

kill everything
youtube.com/watch?v=SliwTX0irUI

best music video ever
youtube.com/watch?v=cOThN1ek7fg

Animecore > everything else
youtube.com/watch?v=tc8tHKdNieY

yeah baby
youtube.com/watch?v=BNMSVRcapRM

Electric violin solo metal
youtube.com/watch?v=7nYvRMgEooA

this is the most manly piece of music ever conceived
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ_dFOsR7Yg

Always gotta listen to this at one point in the autumn...also Opeth and old Ulver

Yeah, nothing like Opeth, Ulver and Agalloch when taking a good assfucking on a cold autumn morning.

FALLING FROM GRACE CUZ IVE BEEN AWAY TOO LONG

Can you explain the "Agalloch is nu-male" meme?

Just found some of their music the other day and thought they were alright

>You only just discovered a beginner level band

I rest my case. NU

Think you've got Nu-Male wrong

Post elric metal

If you're only discovering Agalloch now, you're a tourist. If you're a tourist you're almost guaranteed to be a nu-male or a woman. The only legit excuse to be discovering agalloch now is that you're underage b& and just started listening to metal not long ago.

>the only excuse

Or maybe I don't spend all that much time on a music board and just click through my Youtube recommended feed until I find something I like. I haven't listened to all that much BM

Who hurt you

>Agalloch
>Black Metal

TOURIST
O
U
R
I
S
T

tourism isn't always newness in itself but more broadcasting an incapacity and unwillingness to move beyond being a basic bitch

/meal/ list of red flags:
-music has melody
-clean vocals
-no death/satanism
-good production
-popular
-Nuclear Blast Records

there's probably exception to all of those tho
except popular maybe

>all the big meanies who call out my blatantly tourist understanding of genres belong on Sup Forums

Definitely nu

aggoloch is entry level trash for hipsters. just accept that you're a nu male faggot.

TOURIST, THE MEANING OF PLANE
THE WAY THAT I WANT YOU TO FLY
SLOW LINE, IMMENSE DELAY
TRAVELS THAT ROB YOU OF YOUR TIME

a band can get away with some of it, not all of it
the only exception is trad/speed

not true, what /metal/ hates is pretentious faggot music that focuses too much on "muh feels"

>a band can get away with some of it, not all of it
true

>-music has melody
I defy you to show me metal that is commonly posted here with no melody
>-clean vocals
Yeah we fucking hate Bathory, NWOBHM, Merc Fate, USPM etc
>-no death/satanism
Even touristbait bands sing about death
>-good production
"Good" is completely subjective. Modern brickwalled, sample-replaced ProTools 'projects' sound like shit to these ears.
>-popular
Right, that's why we constantly discuss obscure bands like Priest and Megadeth. Moron.
>-Nuclear Blast Records
Valid point.

whats the joke here
t. tourist

how new of a meme is tourist? I havent been on /metal/ in a week and this shit is being flung around left and right. wasn't there already like 5 other words to describe what a tourist was before this?

those are easily debunked because it's all armchair elitism, compared to, say, the productive (relative to most of nu-/metal/'s) elitism of DMU, which is predicated on SOMETHING at least. in comparison, outside a handful of posters, nu-/metal/'s "elitism" are arbitrated double standard

elitism as fashion

You'll have to give me an example man. While the ANUS canon is indeed well defined, this place is harder to generalize.

best blackened-thrash album, prove me wrong
>pro-tip: you cant

that album cover looks extremely nu

B O N E H U N T E R

Listen to it bro, solid death/doom

it got used a lot last nbbmn (more like nothing but numale tourist november)

There's too many CIS white males in metal. How do we bring more diversity and cultural enrichment to the genre?

I'll give you that bonehunter is pretty good too

kill white people

well in a sense I think the ironic distancing of elitism as shitposting versus elitism as elitism already obfuscates the sincerity of it, as a necessary function of how Sup Forums works in particular. I may be largely cynical about it but it's just the sense I get of the essentially meaningless elitism as means to identify with in-groups (therefore fashionable) versus elitism as separating the ephemeral from the eternal. And over the years around here I've seen people that more go through the rotating door of the former than exploring the implications of the latter.

hey I loved your article over on metalinjection!

tourism

THEN WE BE FREE

You listen to Tool, don't you

>shayne mathis can never unwrite this

Tax metal albums made by white people so that dindu produced metal can get a foothold in the market.

that's fucking me in that picture though

Bullshit. Cats can't type or speak english.

>used to listened to second-wave black metal, but nothing that influenced it
>lately decided to listen to thrash metal, death metal, first-wave black metal, and eighties crust to see how it all influenced each other
>now I'm finding it increasingly hard to tell the difference between the genres unless they're glaring

It's probably for the better. Maybe I will eventually ascend and start calling all music "just rock n' roll" regardless of what it actually is.

>What is a man?
>A miserable pile of secrets!

>t. pic related

I think it's interesting to trace the oft-used dichotomy of pleb/patrician on this board, which began I believe in the posts of some tripfag who did champion works of art rock and other genres elevated from the usual listening habits of p4k/Fantano drones. Of course now you see "patrician" used with only the slightest trace of irony to describe something as banal as fucking Oasis. I used to read about how Sup Forums around 2007 or so was considerably more elitist, though I find it hard to believe that the average poster built their taste (and therefore self-image) on a foundation more substantial than indie rock and magazine-ordained classics.

genres are not strict absolutes and it's valid to think of something as overlapping with more than 1 genre, especially with respect to its historical context. the 80s were a fertile cultural nexus of subcultures taking from other subcultures and that's reflected in how much overlap there seems to be, not even in just metal

Finnish OSDM>>>>>>>>>Bulgarian deathgrind>Florida death metal>Bay Area Thrash=NWOBHM>>>>>>>>second-wave black metal>funeral doom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>first-wave black metal

Tax metal should be a genre.

how do you reconcile an opinion as anti-tourist as finndeath first with one as tourist as first-wave last? are you the legendary post-tourist?

It's just a hard pill to swallow because after listening to death metal after nothing but blackened death dissoshit I could finally pick out what were the death metal elements and vice versa. Similar things happened with thrash and the like, and when I went back and listened to Mayhem for the first time in a few years the only thing that made me know it was "black" and not "thrash" was the context and the vocal style. But it's something I have to get over so I can stop being a faggot.

Try getting into /dark/ stuff and properly telling apart gothic rock, post-punk, coldwave and darkwave. Shit's complicated.

>is this batcave or deathrock and what is batcave?

Oooh yeah deathrock, that one is a bitch to identify too.

The only one I had particular trouble with was darkwave, because apparently Wall of Voodoo was darkwave so I listened other darkwave expecting Wall of fucking Voodoo and guess what I got?

Speaking of which:

youtube.com/watch?v=PIrI50wSAYs

It always seemed that to me deathrock was more related to punk rock than post-punk and more campy than gothic rock, but too atmospheric for psychobilly.

I'm glad the band I was jerking over a few months ago is well-known here now.

I am not sure how that's tough for a band like Mayhem though. Their vocals, riffing style, and general atmosphere is nothing at all like thrash unless you're talking about Deathcrush which has a far more death metal sound than a black metal one.

That being said I can see why 80s stuff can confuse people though because a lot of the earliest examples of certain genres aren't honestly in the long run actual examples of those genres. Most first wave black metal isn't really black metal for example.

That other user's right as well in that it's not strict absolutes, so rather than a genre being a checklist that needs to be all checked off, it's actually one giant fucking checklist that checks off certain things, and you put those together to the closest genre that fits.

give Bulgarian deathgrind recs

youtu.be/ics13Z9Iz_A

>lyrical themes: fantasy, love, feelings

>Just finished reading Oyasumi Punpun
Metal for this feel?

I dropped it at some point a few years ago because it had gotten boring and overly edgy as fuck, did it ever get back on track?

What point did you drop off at?

not him, but I remember being really bored at the part where a hobo is leading a cult or something, I don't remember.

these are some of the greatest vocals this year

youtu.be/f8emMlC3fVE

That happens throughout the entirety of the manga.

Beginning of vol 12 I think.

>he takes nu male/tourist meme seriously

Yeah, I can agree that that was pretty boring. It was really good plot development though. I won't spoil it, but that part ends in a pretty satisfying way and moves away from it before the manga ends.

Does anyone have the link to the spurdo imgur metal albums?

The general atmosphere was what really started wearing out on me, I was getting sick of the characters and their attitudes, too much whining.

Their attitudes were reflecting just how unhealthy their relationship was I think. It made it obvious to the less observant reader how much of a burden Aiko was.

how do you guys decide what album to listen to next? should I just put my library on shuffle?

>Autumnal edition
>No AAFCC

Let's fix that immediately

youtube.com/watch?v=FhwPtxbU9-A

dropbox.com/s/fqqbdhlt6idbtik/experimentbox.mp3?dl=0

Is there anything out there like related?

Thank
you based user

The Hellion sped up like 300%

489% but you're close enough. I just love how eerie it becomes, I wish there was somebody who deliberately made stuff like it.

you want funeral doom. Check out Skepticism's Stormcrowfleet

Man, I fucking love it when the vokillists go full retard
youtu.be/gLsdR7K14xE
youtu.be/bdUWD1O8TH0

post what you're listening /metal/