No contest

No contest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tgzQN_pOo2Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, yeah. A Borg Cube would be a better test for a Star Destroyer.

the enterprise had shields so lasers don't mean shit and was small enough that it could get within the star destroyers shields and stick a torpedo right into its engines.

enterprise wins

Who would win in a fight between Megatron and Sherlock Holmes?

>No contest

Lasers aren't rated in tons. Mega, giga or otherwise. That would be a 50 GIGGAWATT laser. You can't even science right.

Except for the squads of the tie fighters to help hamper the enterprise and weaken its shields while the side guns ass rape it

Faggot alert

again, no. tie fighters fire lasers as well. there was an episode of Star Trek TNG in which they were attacked by a shitty ship that had lasers and went on to explain how lasers and PHASERS that the federation starships use are different.

lasers cant even make the shields of a starship blip.

how quaint, beam a torpedo onto their bridge.png.exe

You are trying to science with a fantasy retard. Good luck

>this thread

Fucking genius.

Is there an actual machine/test that shows levels of autism? I thought it was like a written test or something

Like a torpedo would fit in their teleportation room stupid

Holmes would get called for PIs all day long.

here is an analogy then. shields are like a physical shield wall in a medieval war and a laser is like shooting a slingshot at the wall whereas a phaser is like firing actual arrows.

unless its a borg phaser, in which case its less and arrow and more a balista

You are the stupidest fuck ever alive

again, another episode of Star Trek TNG (or Voyager) had them beam a torpedo straight from the weapons storage onto the bridge of a ship.

Not sure why you would compare an diplomatic exploring vessel with a heavily armed war vessle but alright.

I would still put money on the enterprise if Picard was the captain

I think you are thinking of Stargate Atlantis?

I think they did it too, but there was definitely an episode of Star Trek that did it as well

>not enough
GO GO GO!!

>Not sure why you would compare an diplomatic exploring vessel

enter the Sovereign Class USS Enterprise 1701-E
that mother was FULL warship

enter the galaxy class uss enterprise 1701-d
the most advanced starship at the time of its creation and most heavily armed

It was Voyager

luke skywalker could beat both.

of its time sure, the 1701-E was outfitted with delta quadrant and borg tech specifically for fighting wars.

it was probably 3 times better armed

thanks m8

but still it was basically a warship was my point

also i just want to point out that an ion storm is LITERALLY a space thunderstorm

true. kinda had to be as well, considering its deep space missions put it weeks to months away from any federation backup.

spanish inquisition wins everytime. dont you understand ambush tactics?

FUCK I DIDNT EXCEPT THE SPANISH INQUISITION

yeah man

>except
god i really am retarded arent i?

You didn’t get the point at all
They have a shield? Well Dune says when you shoot a shield with a laser everyone dies. There. Star Trek loses.
these are fantasy and make their own rules. You can just use the rules from one.

i have a test. hand a 9 volt battery to someone and tell them to lick it.

if they do they are retarded. its the perfect autism test.

bump

ya blew it

>hurr durr fanbase
the fanbase has no relevance to how good something is u dumb kike

so luke and jedi nation would just deflect all the science shit with the force. Kind of like religion and fact. faggets

>Defensive trek fan

It was just a pic of fans fighting
Just like the thread

what if they just lick the body, not the terminals?

>these are fantasy and make their own rules. You can just use the rules from one.

then the question was moot. we are answering the question under the concept of SCI-FI. To qualify as sci-fi, it must follow the principals of science and everything must be scientifically explainable.

holy fuck ur even more retarded

You really just don’t get it do you..?
It’s all bullshit. There is no science here. They are both fiction and only using the bullshit from one side is pointless.

i would still qualify that as retarded, they are still licking a battery because someone told them to.

my 190 iq says otherwise.

This is so hilariously untrue.

only starkiller had that kind of power, even luke cant fuck a warship.

The enterprise can remote hack the operating systems all over the star destroyer, shut it down

The starfleet ship also has the ability to beam torpedoes into the super structure outside the heavily shielded areas

Explain the force, every super robot show, replicators with proper accounting for conservation of mass, lightsabers, all forms of FTL, all psychic powers, etcetc.

Federation. Borg. Empire. Rebellion. All worthless and weak in the shadow of the Imperium.

you don't have friends, do you?

if you did then you would understand these kinds of conversations and participate instead of chiming in like "AKSUALLY THIS IS STUPID"

Chaos is the only way commie

>all these dubs
this is now a GET thread

No, I’m saying the way YOU did it is stupid.
Usually people compare the things that are the same and are actually comparable.
It’s people like you that only want their show’s bullshit to count that are the problem. Nice deflection there lol

but if you count all shows then the lines get blurred, like that pop song.

You only count the shows involved.
Not just one show involved.
Should be obvious lol

Manchild discussing fantasy things, instead of discussing things who matter in life.
Are you guys really that far away from reality?
You let yourself go, okay, but your mind as well?
Really that high into autism?
Wow...

Black lives matter

Actually if your a trekie you already know enterprises shields are impervious to energy depletion by lasers.

In fact every alien race with laser technology the enterprise laughed at because their shields prevented it all.

That's why they had PHASER technology.

Star wars could have a bazillion megawatt and a million tie fighters and lasers and the result would be the same.

Zero damage.

>Explain the force, every super robot show, replicators with proper accounting for conservation of mass, lightsabers, all forms of FTL, all psychic powers

the force was explained (badly) by midichlorians and their effects on the world around them. dont know if they went deeper than that and i dont want to wade through all the lore sites.

replicators had a fuel source of raw material with which to make its products. it wasnt out of thin air.

lightsabers are a form of hyper powerfull directed laser (kind of dressed up for movies) it could be possible with the right investment and study into focus and refraction of lasers

FTL is impossible due to gravity holding everything (hyper simple explanation) if an equal force bubble could be formed around an object to repel gravitational infuence then FTL could be possible

Psychic Powers rely on the Jungian theory of connected concious.

>Nice deflection there

no, now I'm sure I'm right

Q has a hard on for the federation he'll just blink the star wars universe out of existance.

Problem solved

Its true, not only does the star destroyer have ion cannons which could destroy those shields, but the 5 squads of tie fighters themselves also have ion cannons which will absolutely rape their shields.

your free to go back to your Sup Forums threads.

as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as productive conversation on the internet

>88
I guess Hitler approves, but although you were being ironic, I think that topic is part of the autistic community.
>stop trying to be funny you know that I was right

>your
>underage autist confirmed

Phaser set to 'stun' in case he needs a defibrilator again...

see? no such thing as productive conversation on the internet.

I cant understand how anyone can like 40k sci fi. It's not even sci fi, it's just flat out fantasy.

"ion cannons" as they called them were just lasers. if they were actual electrically based weapons then they would fire arc's.

Fucking sick episode

That's because you know the entire gay ass federation would end up skulls for the skull throne

Wow, kid. You totally blew my mind with that statement.

Woah there didn't know this was a cringe thread

The fact that you didn't already know is cringe

Q put them in that situation in the first place. Even an omnipotent being gets bored. Q doubly so.

dubs thread now

I can't understand why you keep spouting heresy.

Star Wars is vanilla sex.
Star Trek is anal.
Stargate is oral.
Battlestar is a virgin discovering masterbation.
Warhammer is hardcore BDSM with multiple personality disorder, all of whom are sycophants, and feelings of grandiosity on a galactic scale.

In other words, Warhammer is Slaanesh.

thai fighters faggot

That would make you the faggot

They're star fighters, user. Not ladyboys.

This whole bread has me wanting to play FTL.

That should probably be in joules or Watts, not tons of TNT. Lasers have no inherent explosive energy, it can cause ablation but that has to do with the surface being hit not the beam itself

youtu.be/tgzQN_pOo2Y

The blockade Runner had shields too... and it lasted all of a few minutes of screen time... they’re both approx. same size...

Um... all capital ships in Star Wars have shields you dingus...

It's science fiction where the users don't even know how the science works (Tech-priests are still piecing things together from the Dark Age of Technology) any sufficiently advanced technology would appear as magic to someone who doesn't understand it. That's how they get away with bullshit technology in WH40K. To be fair though Star Wars and Star Trek never fully explain how their shit works in detail either. WH40K probably has deeper lore than Star Wars/Trek because it came in big-ass books and the basic principles are explained just not the finer strokes

v e s s e l o f e x p l o r a t i o n

Have fun being mutated into chaos-spawn. Even the most successful mortal servants of chaos are ultimately disposable to their deity with the possible exception of Nurgle but between you and me his love seems worse than the other's indifference

May the warp swarm consume you. It's no different than you dying for the emperor worm. Except chaos gives power before the glorious mutation

Did you read the actual comment or did you stop after the first sentence? Ultimately WH40K's technology is more fleshed out than Star Wars or Star Trek because even the most basic stuff gets a few paragraphs explaining it in the books. and characters have entire novels about their exploits.with fine detail of how the politics work and what important planets are like than either of the others