Are the millenials redpilled or degenerate?

Are the millenials redpilled or degenerate?

buying a house is a retarded waste of money. It's like falling for the 3-month-salary diamond ring

>student loans
>shit economy
>a lot of them ended up getting shit meme degrees that are basically worthless

Sounds more like they are just plain old fucked to me.

it's a mix, some are good some are shit
buying a house you can afford is a great thing, renting sucks

If your parents are chill, then stay home and save money as long as possible. Rent here is double what It was 10 years ago.

It depends. You don't have to be a NEET to live at home when it's advantageous, but you should really move out when finances allow for it.

The world isn't the same as it was in 1950. Hard to believe, yes.

Property and assets are inflated out the asshole because of QE while wages stagnant for like 20 years if you even get a job because all entry level positions have been outsourced or h1b visas.

>living at home
WTF! We need to stop this!

Living at home after 18 is degenerate as fuck. Don't believe the memes that these NEETs spew to help themselves feel better. If you are 20 years old and still live with your parents you should just commit sudoku.

Living at home while I go to school. Pay rent, do my own cooking/cleaning/laundry. Don't live like a slob. Not bad, but I can't wait to finish school and finally have my own place.

They're broke. Look at the increases in the cost of education and houses along side the credential creep and wage reduction in low level jobs.

Frankly they're fucked.

>Get mortgage
>Slave to the banking Jew for 25 years

I just cant bring myself to buy a house. I have 40 grand saved, but I prefer to live like a pleb college student, knowing that I am totally free. I rent with 4 other people, thus I only pay $70 a week.

I can pack up and leave at any time. I can take off back packing tomorro, knowing that I dont have a $400/week mortgage payment shackling me to a job.

Most are degenerate atheist trash

I live with my parents but have near 60k in vehicles.

I have a muscle car, work truck and commuter car at 20 years old.

Feels good man.

>live at home

Anyone over the age of 18 and still living at home with mommy and daddy isn't truly living.

how can there be other young adults beside milennials, i mean isnt that the only age group considered young adult?

Lots of people are finding that there's literally no reason to move out if your parents don't mind you living there. You move out when you want to start a family of your own or you really need the space.

I'm going to go with redpilled, unless someone knows why we need to live on their own.

Why buy a house when Obama is going to move niggers in down the block and take 10% off the value of my house.

Better to just live at home, do the maintenance around the house so my parents don't have to, inherit it, then move.

Or I could be a retard and throw away 50% of my income on a shitty apartment.

The memory of your first fap in your very first apartment, is up there with the birth of your first child.

>millennials
>any other young adult (?)
>in history (???)
none of that shit makes any sense and you're all just retarded enough to not see it
so much for everyone on this board having a 140+ iq

Why pay rent or get a 30 year mortgage when I can just live at home for free and inherite my parents home when they die?

Redpilled as fuck desu senpai

spoiled and entitled is a more accurate description

We all know they're so fucked. Housing and rent is insane, wages didn't increase in proportion.

I moved to Australia and its so much better here, you have guys move out at 18 and afford a car and apartment on 30 hours a weeks work. Its just insane.

So this is what my parents and grand-parents lived like once....

this pic is only true because the subsequent gens made it impossible to buy a home or rent an apartment, its simply too expensive NOT to live with your parents

I don't believe it seeing as how multi-generational households were the relative norm up until the post-WW2 prosperity boom.

I agree though this creates its own problem. At the rate housing is going things are gonna end up sort of weird.

Everyone will just try to inherit houses. You'll end up like asians with your fucking clan of 9 packed into a 3 bedroom home.

Where the hell do we end up when that becomes the inevitable pattern?

I was lucky to live at home until I had enough money saved up to buy a house and a new car.

im 20. best reason to stay at home is to invest in your own properties and not have to pay rent. by the time i leave home, my property investment portfolio has already made me set for life.

im definitely redpilled and so is maybe like a handful of people i know but majority of millennials either dont care or are bernfaggots and i think that overtime, more millennials will see the bs of the left and have no other choice but to take the redpill

Houses are one of the only personal property investments that gain value over time instead of losing it. Paying a mortgage builds credit which is generally a good thing. You can pass houses on to your relatives after you die and unlike an old beat up 1992 Toyota Camry it's actually something people want and can use. If you don't particularly want to live in the house you can rent it out and live in some cheap apartment at half the cost of the rent checks you collect.

You're right about the diamond ring though.

I plan on saving up then buying in when the next housing bubble bursts the terms will be much more favorable

Got an apartment when I went to college. Fuck paying bills.

This.

i'm 25 and i have about $170,000 saved up (all from working well paid jobs after graduating college)

i was able to build that wealth because i've spent most of that time living at home while working

now i make a significant amount each year off index fund investments, and can pay for a down payment on a super awesome condo

i met my girlfriend while renting a place for a few months, she doesn't care that i live at home

feels good man

They are the most jewed people in American history

Mfw I'm a 26yr old millennial living at home making 55k a year and I don't pay rent at all. Saving so much money it's ridiculous

there are people who don't live at home?

where do they live? a hotel?

Just throw a 5.3 in front of a 6 speed from a 4th gen Camaro and jam it into a '91 S-10 and twin turbo it.
Wow, three reduced to one.

>$70 a week
>$280 a month

>4 other people
>$1120 a month

Damn dude, that shit is pricey. Is it at least a nice house?

Does this include the great depression in the 20s?

I remember entire families staying home in bed to lower their caloric output and the husband would find food and work for them.

They're poor and unemployed
Let's import a gorillion unskilled 3rd worlders, this will surely solve the problem

Does it count either way if you don't have a choice? Fucking chinks buy up all the property in this country.

I paid off my house then bought another one when the housing bubble happened in Florida. I rent that sucker out. Pays my utilities and then some.

>Houses are one of the only personal property investments that gain value over time instead of losing it

lol, not everything has a happy ending user. i agree with you mostly, but the housing bubble wasn't even that long ago.

Until the next housing bubble pops

Trapped.

They got shoved into stupid degrees by stupid parents.
And they believed the fantasies their parents gave.

All we can do is teach gen Z and pray they do well. They should, given that their parents know how to use computers and deal with this economic hardship caused by technological change. My parents literally give me debts and are beginning to leech off me and my schoolwork time.

I lucked out sorta by avoiding the lib arts degrees, but I'm pretty much fucked for grades because I shot myself in the foot.

Working harder now though.

>what is selling your property

And if you're not an impatient millennial then you will actually see your money is growing when it comes to finding a buyer

Completely wrong.

Renting is a complete waste of money. Sure, a month's rent is generally cheaper than a month's mortgage payment, but the mortgage payments actually end, and then you own the house (which has almost always increased in value in the meantime). Compare a lifetime of renting to just the interest cost of a mortgage and you'll see it makes more sense to buy even before you factor in the increase in the value of the property.

But don't listen to me - the more idiots there are who thinking buying is a waste of money the easier the housing market is to get into for those of us who know better.

>Houses are one of the only personal property investments that gain value over time instead of losing it. Paying a mortgage builds credit which is generally a good thing.

Hi boomer. I can tell you are a boomer because you have no understanding of economic history or basic finance. If you aren't a boomer then you should rethink your life since you certainly sound like one.

>he housing bubble wasn't even that long ago

Nearly 10 years now. I feel old

A house is just a bank account you can live in. Sell it and get your money back. Renting is the ultimate jew tool.

My mom bought her house in 1984 and it's now worth 4 times as much. My dad bought his house in 1992 and it's worth twice as much. My grandpa bought his house for $5000 when he got home from WWII and it's now worth $400,000.

Yes, bubbles suck, but the market is still trending upwards. It always is.

I live at home with my parents. Fuck spending 2k+ a month on rent when I could live at home.

You'll never escape death and taxes mate.

Jesus Christ it has really been that long. I was just talking to some friends today about how time doesn't seem to fly by faster. You just completely fucked that up for me.

Then they'll go up again. Prices are going up bigtime in popular markets and inventory is still low while demand is huge.

>Don't put all your eggs in one basket, even if you only have one basket and one egg

In the next presidential election, we're going to have voters that were born after 9/11.

>feel old?

We could fix the housing market any moment we like. It's just not politically feasible at this moment.

>tfw live in vancouver
thanks you chinks

Every other generation:
>start with nothing
>slowly work and earn your to higher standards of living
>retire comfortably

Millennials:
>graduate high school
>realize your parents worked their asses off for 30 years to get that lexus and the nice suburban house you grew up in
>protest

What the fuck is wrong with millennials? Why do they think they are the exception?

>Living at home past 20

Honestly kill yourself.

Housing bubbles up because of policies of cheap credit and low property tax.

These policies can change any time. Credit crunches cut the ability of people to pay for it, and a land value tax can murder passive appreciation entirely.

>In the next presidential election, we're going to have voters that were born after 9/11.

and everyone of them is going to vote for muh free shit.

Doesn't everyone live in a home?

Its not the same anymore.

Please educate me on how, I'm interested.

Put a cap on property values/rent?

>start with crippling debt
>no jobs to work your ass off on
>apathy

>Are the millenials redpilled or degenerate?
Neither. This is what happen when wages go down and housing prices go up.

So you'd rather line someone else's pockets than contribute to your net worth.

>crippling debt

>It's someone else's fault that I signed the loan paperwork on a student loan not knowing if I was going to be able to make payments or not.

>28 years old.
>Moved out at 25
>Absolutely refuse to live their another day.
>Actually moved across country and became homeless.
>got a job and a car.
>got a place of my own.
>lost job.
>going to be homeless again.

does that make me a degenerate?

that's actually pretty cheap for 5 people

>leeched off of parents until 25.

Yes.

Of course I live at my home, where else would I live, somebody else's home? Even then, if I lived there enough, then wouldn't that also be considered my home?

I'm almost 20, and while I'll probably move out this fall, I think it's very nice. Keeps family close and strong, as long as you're not an utter cockroach and commit your share of housework/behave somewhat independently. I feel bad for all the edgy 18yos who hate their parents and yearn to get out as soon as possible. I'd love to live like old school humans with family always nearby.

my kid graduates in a few days with a B.A. in economics; he has been hired at a finance firm at 60K a year

he's 21

Your wive's kid you mean? How old are you, boomer?

>Every other generation:
>>start with nothing
>>slowly work and earn your to higher standards of living
>>retire comfortably
Correct. But also:
>Free uni
>cheap prices
>reasonable wages
>simple technology
>companies still worked within the country

Millenials however:
>start with nothing
>immediately get debt from getting an education
>can't finance any means of production to pay off debt
>can't even get slave jobs as outsourced or filling "quotas"; usually taken up by visa users who have no way of getting a better wage because they're visa users and can't complain
>when get a job, realise debt is beating your pay
>can't raise the wage because of said visa replacements availability.

This is why unchecked globalisation doesn't work. It's exploited.

>redpilled or degenerate?
Neither.
They're economically screwed.

They're fucking retards. I'm a "millennial" and moving out of home was easy as fuck.
>Apply all over the country
>Get a call back basically guaranteeing me a job even without a degree
>Drive there
>Get job
>Get gym membership
>Live out of car for 6 months saving pretty
much all my money
>Get cheap as fuck place
>Pay off rent for entire year
>Save up all my money for a better place
Shit's not that hard.

>blaming the victim

Boomers
>outsourced their jobs
>flooded labor supply with cheap immigrant labor
>raised housing prices with cheap credit and mass immigraiton
>raised education prices with cheap credit
>raised health care prices with monopolies
>cut all public infrastructure and services and replaced it with gibsmedat for Tyrone and his 20 baby mommas

and somehow millennials are the problem?

Kek'ed n Checked

>>It's someone else's fault that I signed the loan paperwork on a student loan not knowing if I was going to be able to make payments or not.
Yes it is because your parents don't teach you that. They never had to worry about it to the degree we have to worry about it. Worse yet - they say "do what you like" and don't fill you in on job prospects as they have no clue.

Gen-Z has better prospects because their parents aren't retarded.

Living with your parents is fine if you work a McJob tier job like most millennials with Gender Studies degrees these days. Good luck trying to find any high skill, high paying job that just HAPPENS to be where your parents live.

note "american" history. the idea that everyone should be a homeowner, particularly if you aren't building a family, is a scam.

rental properties are everywhere. you can get a mortgage cheaper than most rent if your credit isn't shit, and at least you gain equity instead of burning cash.

How dumb can you be that you really think this ?

>Are the millenials redpilled or degenerate?
Neither - they're simply don't have a choice.

Costs for first time homebuyers are substantially higher than Boomers or Gen X. Add to that the rise of all the amateur landlords in the wake of the housing bubble and you've now got a handful of low upper class citizens who are converting perfect first homes for young couples and families into shit tier rentals.

My parents are late Boomers. When they moved to our hometown and bought their first house together they got a cozy little three bedroom in a safe neighborhood for $70K. Today in the same town the most affordable, comparable house is $195K and in one of the least desirable neighborhoods in the city.

With that many memes in one post, or pretending that your friends know/care about American politics, means that you most certainly are not "redpilled".

My parents just happen to live 30 minutes away from NYC. My luck came in about three days of throwing my resume out to a bunch of different companies online, and now I make about $70,000/yr while living with my parents.

Get fucked.

>30 minute commute
You're the one getting fucked.

Are you me lol

2nd post best post

lolz believe it or not but university life in australia is also filled with many people that feel as if they need to have an opinion on american politics. also, majority of the people are sjws and leftists because the daily show told them its the cool thing to do.

didnt really mention anything about my friends.. most of them dont care lol.. just referring to my cohort as a whole

and call it a meme or not m8 but puttin up a deposit on a property really isnt that hard lol, and if u didnt fuck up your first investment, it just gets easier.. and i really couldnt care less if im redpilled or not in your opinion desu

>have the idea that going to university is the only option and guarantees success drilled into head since birth
>meanwhile tuition and loans getting progressively more fucked while value of a degree goes steadily down
>Parents don't warn kids because they don't know any better
>everyone tells kids/teenagers that they have to study what they love and the rest will figure itself out
>kids don't do their own research because they don't have any reason to doubt their parents/teachers/everyone older than them and no 16 year old wants to spend time figuring out financial shit
>millenials end up fucked

It's not an issue of being degenerate or not, it's an entire generation being fucked over by the previous 2 generations, who themselves aren't malicious, just ignorant

We all know who's really behind it

They're the first victims, of many, of the baby boomers.

It depends. But holy shit that image is hilarious

>30 minute commute
>fucked
tippity toppity kekkity