So...

So, a small group of EU hackers effectively took down approximately 80% of the internet off and on for a couple of hours yesterday.
This attack is scalable, and could in theory effectively shut down the internet.
Are you scared Sup Forums?

Nope. Nothing exciting happens anymore.

Wouldn't you say shutting down a huge majority of the internet for hours is exciting?

Officially they say it's because of level 3.
I've heard from several independent sources that it's a yet to be unnamed group from the EU as well.

If this is true, this could be game changing

I already pirated fracture but whole so i'm good.

bullshit. 80% of the internet would include a lot of backend stuff that would be impossible to do at once. 80% of the surface web is not something that could be hidden. It would be all over the news and a lot of people here would have noticed and be talking about it. Either nothing happened or something local that you are trying to inflate to something scary. Fuck off back to Sup Forums if you want to larp.

obviously OP ment 80% surface web, and there was massive internet outages yesterday. Both locally to me and internationally.

>hackers
>shut down the internet
>suddenly lose ability to hack into networks
>effectively cutting off their own balls
>shiggydiggy

>some men just want to see the world burn

Man, that would be awesome. I hope they do it for real.

When did this happen? Specifically in EST

his isp's dns server went down; obv 80% of the internet was killed by hackers

google internet outage, click news, click on any article.
Live i've said, it's blamed on level 3, but multiple people without anything to gain have stated that it's a EU group of hax0rs that have found a way to stall internet connections from DNS servers around the world.

Bitch please
I know how to linux

thought this was a meme-thread at 1st, this might actually be serious.

Googled it. Looks like a regional disruption. almost entirely focused on 1 isp, comcast. Even for people in the US with that isp who happened to be hit by the disruption it did not amount to 80%. This is both minor and local. Complete shitposting thread.

this had effects on europe ISP's as well as asian ISP's.
Reading US articles only focused on US ISP's when it's a international event is idiotic

1: local dns server have stored ip tables of the most searched websites
2: Attack is not scaleable, it is a ddos and if it is scaled, first the small nodes crash, the international masternodes will never go down. But with the crash of the small nodes the hacker effectively take away their ability to search for new effective server, only relying on IP scanning
3: there is about zero news outlett, so I guess, it was only a skiddie crashing a local dns server.

not a DDoS though, it's a 0day that makes the DNS servers wait for a handshake.

this is what i've heard aswell

I want to see that 0day in the TCP protocoll.
Looked it up, nothing with TCP. Was a routing hijack. With that info the attack is even less threatening, it would take 2 minutes to ban the attackers ip

you're obviously misinformed

Well then post info on the TCP handshake zeroday? You know, everything we use today uses TCP/IP? Such a vulnerability would mean every server and client could be shut down at will.

>Such a vulnerability would mean every server and client could be shut down at will.
exactly.

Then why was only comcasts dns routing hit? And not any other ispn or level 3? And why not facebook? Or google?
Even when your DNS is down, you can still access websites through typing in their ip.
Faggot, what a bad shitposting thread.

ignore what I type and the eminent attack within a couple of months rendering every internet connection void.

And how should your info on a non existend zero day on the most common, most simple and most tested protocol help? Should I stop using the internet to prevent it?

so ignorant

I am scared, tell me what to do

Nope, I want a cme to knock out all electricity and fry all electronics, just imagine the suicide rates when people can’t get their daily facebook/twitter fix.

I really want to believe that Sup Forums is behind the takedown of Comcast's shitty service in response to how much of a piece of shit theyre being about destroying net neutrality. I hope verizon is next

>could in theory effectively shut down the internet

g*d yes, thissss

Can you hear me now? No we can’t.