What's the consensus?

emotionally dishonest

better than trouble will find me, not as good as high violet or boxer

DESU, kind of boring
And I love the national!
Power Ranking
High Violet > Alligator >Boxer> TWFM> Sleep Well Beast
first listen at least. I Enjoyed it though, not really let down either

It's shit and I like The National. What a fucking disappointment. I'll Still Destroy You has some good moments but even that is not good overall.

fpbp

High Violet is pretty much their worst tho

Only listened once so far. My first impression is that it's pretty good but nothing amazing.

The consensus is writing Album Name - Artist is dumb

Music for 40 year old divorcees who listen to NPR

>NPR

what is that even known for
t. europoor

I'll Still Destroy You is one of their best songs. I wish Empire Line and Walk It Back had more of the energy of the live versions, but they're still great songs.
Unlike TWFM and High Violet, there's not a single song I would want to skip or delete, so right now I'm feeling something like this:

Boxer > Alligator > SWB > High Violet > Cherry Tree > TWFM > SSfDL > Virginia > s/t

stop being so try hard edgy

Guilty Party is really good

what would you delete from high violet?

I think I agree with this. I will definitely need some time to know for sure though.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand England or Runaway. Runaway live is enjoyable and England has some great lines but as a whole I really don't enjoy the studio versions of either

TWFM > Alligator > SWB > High Violet > Cherry Tree > Boxer > SSFDL > s/t

I'm not a big fan of Born to Beg

And Turtleneck is a fun song, don't get why people dislike it

got some good tracks but sounds disjointed imho

1. I'll Still Destroy You
2. Guilty Party
3. Walk It Back
4. Nobody Else Will Be There
5. Dark Side Of The Gym
6. Day I Die
7. Carin At The Liquor Store
8. Empire Line
9. Sleep Well Beast
10. The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness
11. Turtleneck
12. Born To Beg

But even Born To Beg is a decent song, fantastic album

Never heard of the band Sleep Well Beast. What kind of music do they play?

I didn't see anyone disliking turtleneck, at least at Sup Forums. who dislikes it?

the singer hasn't evolved at all. still singing boring cliches over dull backing tracks.

People who say it feels out of place

Accurate ranking

It's Nick Cave for plebs just like every other The National album

The National sounds nothing like Nick Cave
It sounds more like Tindersticks

too boring to listen to/10

A lot of shit opinions in this thread

High Violet is by far my favorite. The start is kind of weak but from Afraid of Everyone on it doesn't let up at all.

Whats YOUR consensus OP?
I like it so far, fav tracks: Day I Die, The System Only Dreams

Really disappointed. If you heard some reviewers hyping up this album before it came out, you would think it's the album of the 21st century so far.

As it is, SWB is not even in the top 3 of National albums. It's good, but sounds like you put all their albums in a mixer and it came out like a goo which sounds like what you'd expect from National.

More of the same is not a bad thing, and consistency is hard, yes, so props to them. But it's not an all time album or anything. Definitely fun though and I'll spin it a few times this year.

>album's theme is fuck drumpf fuck capitalism fuck straight white men
>album sucks
Every time. I can't believe we'll have to survive 4 more years of this.

There is literally not a single political song in there except for a line about Karl Rove.

That's not at all the theme of the album and you clearly didn't listen to it. Just go back to Sup Forums and your NSBM or whatever you troglodytes listen to

>go back to Sup Forums and your NSBM
New Super Mario Bros? Is that a band or do you mean the soundtrack

>fuck straight white men
Not really sure where you're getting that one from? I mean isn't the whole band straight white men?

faggot

Jesus, can you fucking Sup Forums guys go one thread without you spewing your insecurities everywhere?

>you will never drive through small town midwest with her while singing along to Green Gloves as the snow starts to fall

Why live

new super bario mros

Bros. be kind please. Download link?

Day I Die is the only good track. Rest are mediocre so 3/5 overall

Time to get some new eardrums my friend.

Listened about 15 times now. I gotta say its much better than TWFM, More consistent than High Violet. I think the top 3 are: aligator, boxer, swb at this point.

Swap it with born to beg and its perfect imo.

I fucking adore born to beg honestly.

Almost done now (at Dark Side) and wow, The National made another National record.

Something I won't give a shit about since I'm not depressed or heartbroken. The only standout so far is the single they released earlier because it has some energy. They have a fantastic rhythm section and I feel like they're mostly put to waste.

Maybe a 6/10 for me, but since it's 1pm on a friday, it's more a 5.