What's your honest opinion of Rick and Morty?

What's your honest opinion of Rick and Morty?

If all these fedora tipping faggots didn't exist, would your opinion change about the show?

It's fun. I like it.

I don't think the show is particularly pretentious. Rick as a character is, and I think that's an important distinction. It's one of his biggest flaws, not a strength.

It would be a lot easier to admit I like watching the show if it wasn't for everyone sucking their own dicks by talking about how smart you have to be to "get it." Like no, he just talks about how smart he is. There's no actual intelligence behind it. There is a lot of hidden depth and social commentary, but it sure as fuck doesn't take a rocket scientist to find it.

Using Rick & Morty to justify your headcanon that you yourself are an omniscient yet benevolent guy and your intelligence is a curse is fucking retarded and automatically makes me hate you.

I enjoy it. It has its flaws and issues, but what doesn't? Its dumb like other adult cartoons, but its still tries unlike them.

Fan bases ruin everything. There are plenty of good things that i feel ashamed for liking because of the fan bases.

But fuck it, i still dig it

I think it's pretty funny. The first season I thought was original and the storylines complex and clever. I watched the first season over and over. Got a bit bored of it by third season.

First 2 seasons were fucking pure magic. Third season was decent / watchable ... The only way to watch the show is to binge watch it...

Got bored with it in the 3rd season...not interested enough to re-watch old episodes.

it would be bad ass if they just randomly made one episode of the next series like 3 hours long not the season opener or season closer tho

Totally this

I like the show. Anyone who changes their opinion about something because of other people's opinion about said thing doesn't have any opinion that's worth a shit anyway.

Season one and two were amazing. Season three was completely ass. It completely changed the character dynamics and focused more on the characters than the adventures. It completely ruined the way I pictured Rick. Rick used to be reasonably powerful and smart enough to know he wasn't invincible. Now he's some fucking god or whatever. The writing was awful and inspired little to no laughter. To me that show used to be something that spoke to me and I could put my trust into it. Now I'm left disappointed and looking for a new show.

Loved it until season 3 with all the character changes and the obvious influence of the msm. Not too interested in it anymore.

This is sadly pretty true. I feel like they were trying to re-ground a god that had become a mary sue instead of just upping the ante, and it fell pretty flat.

Season 3 was the only bad part, but we gotta hire more female writers, right guys? :^)

Yesterday i took an iq test but instead of the usual questions they showed me an episode of Rick and Morty and asked me to explain all of the jokes. Since i'm a genius I was easily able to do so. I explained all the references from the fact that "bird person" is based off Greek mythology, to the theory that Rick is inspired from a character in ancient mongol literature. As a result they told me I have an iq of 190 if not higher. I pity the peasants who think It's a show like any other.

KEK

tbh i dont give a shit about the fedora tipping faggots anyway, the show is still a great show and that is all that matters to me. I can just ignore them.

Single file line behind me to suck this user's dick, everyone. He's surpassed meta-irony and actually made me a little angry, but honestly? It shouldn't fucking count, that third season was lamer than a SJW-friendly trans-queer fluid-breathing Batman with no legs.

My honest opinion is that it is a funny cartoon and nothing more. Some episodes are good and some are just ok. It's not a show for smart people and you don't have to be smart to understand it. They spell out every bit of humor.

You should watch it again with someone smart enough to understand the complex story's and subtle humour to explain the jokes to you. Watch on a device you can pause on as some of the jokes may take a while to explain to simpletons.

It's an entertaining show, I personally enjoy it.

For anything you watch, the hate and love it receives is just noise, ignore it. Just enjoy things you enjoy.

"Rick and Morty"? Only a plebeian worm would engage in viewing broadcasts of such a sad and idiotic show. Unlike you low IQ apes, I please my optical sensors with only the finest of entertainment. I'll bet that you're inquiring as to what source of entertainment I am referring to. Although I don't expect you to comprehend it, the television show in question is "Young Sheldon". You see, the humor is vastly superior to that of "Rick and Morty". First of all "Rick and Morty" relies heavily on improvisional comedy, while the intellectual humor of "Young Sheldon" is scripted and well thought out before being presented to an audience. Second of all "Rick and Morty" is extremely unfaithful to its source material (Back to the Future, for you simpletons) while "Young Sheldon" is just as good if not better than watching "The Big Bang Theory". I could go on and on about how "Rick and Morty" is vastly inferior to "Young Sheldon" but I highly doubt that you have the mental capability to process such logic. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour a glass of brandy whilst I redigest the latest episode of "Young Sheldon" so I can make an entry about it to the "Young Sheldon" wikia. Hopefully, I can forget about ever having the displeasure of interacting with you. Sigh... How tedious.

lucky for me i have never seen anyone go apeshit over rick & morty.

so for me its always the way it is. its a great show and i love cartoons in general.

obviously you dont need to be a genius to understand whats going on. but as a "writer" and or "animator" i really apreciate in how much depth they go.

You should hire a punctuation coach, fag. Go suck down some coffee, it might fire up a couple of those lethargic yet self-important neurons that define your entire sense of self.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

jeezus, how much RnM cringepasta is there?

far too much
i loathe Sup Forums for making this shit such a meme