I own a 1996 Ford Bronco and am getting rid of it. I am going to downsize to a smaller...

I own a 1996 Ford Bronco and am getting rid of it. I am going to downsize to a smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicle hopefully. What cars are there that are as spacy as the interior of my bronco, at least in the front?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/o/1489523754233.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Getting rid of a Bronco dafuq matter with you?

>that moment when selling your bronco

go away you worthless faggot, why would you drive a vehicle with an automatic?

BE a man and get a fucking 4Runner

>that are as spacy as the interior of my bronco
Another bronco...?

Probably need another truck for that.. maybe a charger or 300? Or Ford 500? Without a big body you won't get that open area under the console

Where you live?
If it's a strait 6 bronco with a manual I would be interested in speaking more with you.

Gas guzzler, costs me 850 a month to own versus 400 a month in a more fuel efficient vehicle. Very painful to be selling it.

Don't know much about sedans or smaller vehicles, but there's none of those with big interiors anymore?

Automatic 5.8L V8 351 XLT sorry; near Atlanta, GA

>>/o/

i.4cdn.org/o/1489523754233.jpg

Get A ford f150 truck or a ford excursion if you can find one.

Yeah, forget it on all counts then.

For what it's worth my parents own a Ford 500 which has about the roomiest interior I have seen in a modern car.
3.0L V6 / 6spd auto / ~20mpg average so far with 80% being city. Your bronco might now beuch worse than that so think first before getting rid of a fucking bronco

you're an idiot. are you so fucking broke that you have to get a smaller engine than that? christ, why even have a truck? you might as well have a datsun from 1969

>Gas guzzler, costs me 850 a month

i get it, i just feel your pain.

real men drive HEMIs

Saved money could go elsewhere, hell, even towards a new bronco years later. It's not like I'm all excited to be selling it, I love this vehicle.

And you blow trannies

>cleveland ford engine
>sadface

Hemis are for pussies who don't know shit (unless it's an original hemi)

nope, never have. real men also have monster drive trains

no no no. the 5.7 built for trucks is a fucking torque monster. ask me how i know

I've seen a 30 year old stock ford 4.9 with over 400k out pull a 5.7 without trying.

But hey, if you like your dodge that's fine. At least it's American

you are shitting me? tell me more, that's kind of fascinating. i'm not even familiar with a 4.9 ford engine

>sedan
>Buying a deathbox

nah I'll keep my truck and consider the cost as insurance.
What's your MPG? I get about 17 combined with my v8 F-150.

The 4.9 is legendary, so the fact that you know nothing about it is telling.

It's an OHV straight 6. To give you an idea of its raw power the old brown UPS trucks used to have it. Hell, they even used 4.9s in dump trucks and busses with the only real difference from the truck model being an improved exhaust manifold.

You can throw it in first and it will idle over a mountain, I shit you not

Honestly the straight 6 is a pretty good engine, but the vehicle that the 5.7 was in was probably heavy as fuck.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. They are bulletproof too. Easily 500k plus without any more care than regular oil changes.

Friends had an f-150 that he drove 100 miles a day for 3 years with a cracked block

Honestly the v6 OHC that replaced it wasn't too bad either, got one chugging on at ~300k miles on my exploder and a SOHC version of the same chugging at 260k. Regular oil changes and I replaced the timing chain on the SOHC once.

OHV i mean, not OHC.

OP
Average around 11mpg, can get 15mpg on highway sometimes. Driving heavily in the hills of Georgia

only assholes drive trucks

>timing chain
Not a Ford truck 6. The 4.9s always used timing gears from inception tI'll it was (mostly) retired

found the millennial. do you also drink whiskey and pretend to enjoy ipas

Oh, I'm a flat lander.
Get a forester or something, those are surprisingly nimble and about 25mpg at ~ 200hp, but you have to get used to the turbojap interior.

AWD low is nice too.

any real man who would trade a bronco is should def be getting a miata.
so spacious with the top down

I'm not talking about the straight 6 user, I'm talking about the v6 that replaced it when they stopped putting them in any of their trucks.
>Thats why I said v6

Do they smog there?
If not you can squeeze a ton more mpg by tuning and with a few fairly simple aftermarket replacements like manifolds and such

no, it's not telling. i'm just not a ford guy. i was always a 350 chevy guy. camaro guy... 305 injected guy. just because i don't know ford doesn't make me stupid, it just means i'm not a ford guy

Missed that, sorry. Doing too many things at once.
The ford modulars were decent motors I guess. They had some weird issues at first due to ford using plastic where they shouldn't have

it's a pickup, not that heavy. my 91 camaro probably weighs as much as the pickup does, cause that's a solid little fucker

or people that actually need trucks, like me. live on a farm and have to haul shit constantly. your generalization makes you me maroon

Actually the Ram has about a ton on the camaro, user.

Unnecessarily heavy bullshit is what Dodge specializes in.

*macaroon

Hmm. I suppose. I don't think I have met an enthusiast who didn't know of the Ford 6s regardless of being a Ford guy or not. Granted the car and truck guys I hang with are all 50+ years old

i find that hard to believe. i own both and the camaro is a fucking tank. half of the ram is bed. but if you have numbers, then i guess

no, i meant maroon. every heard of the 3 stooges?

>unibody vs steel frame

Truck heavier, made for hauling and cutting off people in Priuses.

so am i, but i just never was a ford guy and definitely not a 6 banger guy

>cutting off people in Priuses
ok, i'll believe. i think i like you

please tell me you live on a macaroon farm. i'd love a couple acres of tress just blooming macaroons

I've been a mechanic since I graduated highschool, you can tell they're heavier when you put them on the lift and it makes a bigger noise. I did a quick google search in case i looked like a moron though, 91 camaros curb weight was about 3.3klbs an 05 ram with the hemi was about 5.1k lbs.

no shit? goddamn that R/S feels so fucking solid coming out of a turn, i would never have beleived it

This is now a macaroon thread

OP, if the truck is paid off. just keep it. go buy some smaller box for the daily stuff.
You're gonna hate yourself when you get rid of the truck you love. wifey will never let you get it back.
also, i kinda agree with this guy i feel like such a lamer driving my subaru, but really the car is nice, will run forever, has some decent clearance, and the AWD + MPG helps
it is turbofag jap interior though.......

please dump your macaroon folder. i lost mine.

i used to be a chevy fan. but anything 90's or later...meh.

This.
It's always good to have 2 cars, even if one isn't insured, if one breaks down permanently or wrecks you still have your old one in the driveway, just run it once a month and don't keep much gas in it.
you can black tag it in most states so you don't have to keep the insurance for a tag sticker.

Yeah that low ride height does wonders coupled with the weight and low center of gravity.

My dad sold his 1978 Z28 to some moron and he turned it into a god damn race car.
I really want to bitch slap my dad because I wanted that car, and he said I could have it when I was a young kid.
Oh and the real shot to the knee is that he sold it for $700 like it was trash.

yeah, i'm about the same way. i just kind of fell out of the whole "cars are so fucking cool" thing and started buying guns and guitars again. i go through phases

nto to mention, some will let the "other" car be insured as a recreational vehicle.
I kept my 81 cj5 when i needed a real car. kept it insured (state farm) for 35$ a month as a rec vehicle. basically meant i couldn't drive it more than 5500 miles a year.

i feel ya....
1st car my dad bought me... '66 nova SS
midge sold it out from under me in 3 weeks for probably a huge profit (bought for 2800$/27kmiles/son died overseas kinda thing)
claimed "you wouldn't be able to take care of the car...."
fuck off...
its still a touchy point with dad and i. :(

my wifes first husband made her sell her 73 Z 2.A. muncie rock crusher tranny. that's why i'm her hubby now

that's how i refer to them, there is a 2.A, then a 2.B1 and a 2.B2. know what i mean?

midge? fuck you spellcheck
"nigga sold it out..."

The worst part is I saw it unfinished on craigslist, completely gutted.
He killed it. It literally brought a tear to my eye.
There was no rust, the interior was in mint condition, not even a cracked tail light.
All it needed was a paint job.

I guess I should have realized he's inclined to do stupid irrational shit because after all he had me circumcised.
I'm also salty about that because he didn't do it to my other 2 brothers he had with a different woman.

i think the last real chevy product i wanted was actually the gmc syclone. im stil mkinda pissed i didn't pul the trigger on that one

oh..and i'll add the turbo regal the same year the grand national was out. same car, but you can get a different color and something other than those gay ass wheels on the GN. they were awful.

Before yall think I'm weird, the jew rat fucked it up and before I started restoring it I had a wicked case of ED from not enough skin.
Yeah my dad sucks at deciding where to spend his money.

Did you buy it or was it in his name?

>turbo regal

Fuck, mid 80s GM was sexy as hell, my first car was a 1988 Deville I slammed into a phone pole while learning about drunk driving.

he bought it for me as my 1st car. was supposed to be one of those father/son project things.
but like my dad saw dollar signs so he could get a new outboard for his boat.
so he got that, and i got an '82 civic hatchback instead. :/

>82 civic instead of 66 Nova

Fuuuuck man. That hurts.

bruh....

OP the newer Ford Taurus has hella space (I'm 6'3), it accommodates me great, back seat and trunk have tons of room, 20+mpg

Did you at least keep the civic? It might be worth something to some older cholo.

no... i got tboned in it by a postal truck running a stop sign. '77 bug followed that, but same story as the nova. "this car is too nice to be trusted to you....oh...wanna see our new lawn tractor?"

Your dad sounds like a dick.

>cont
i eventually learned he used the cars to control me, so i started buying my own...and he kinda hated it because he couldn't control it, nor could he do what he wanted with the car

its all $$$ with him. still is.

you mean the ford I6 300? it's fucking american so stop with the bullshit liter, especially when referring to a classic engine. the straight six ford engine is bulletproof. i have a 66 ford f100 with the original engine in it, no smoke, still going strong.

Hammer Truck

i had a buddy in high school that had a GN. he got caught doing like 110 mph on highway 29 and he told the cops that he was just trying to burn the carbon out. i laughed my ass off

yeah, real GAY men

>Spacey as a bronco

I doubt it OP the automotive industry has been downsizing car space for awhile. Maybe GM still make spacey cars their impala and Malibu to be exact

i honestly think the GN's are awful looking cars. those turbo regals were way nicer looking.
but then again, i prefer sleepers

Can confirm. Really like my uncle's 06 Impala, and if your state lets you black out windows the black on black makes it really comfy and really increases daytime visibility and eye strain in the summer.

You know what was a bad ass car? The 1976 Pontiac Trans-am. My buddy in high school had one. It had the 455 engine, shaker hood, T-tops... lived in rural oklahoma back then, you couldn't even idle on dirt roads. The thing would just start spinning the tires and you'd start sliding side to side. The night we went to his house, we got on the back road to his house - there were patches of ice everywhere. He just floored it, you'd hear the engine gulp and a fraction of a second later you were thrown back into the seat. The stupid shit you'd do in a car like that in your teens. It was always fun in that car.

>rural OK

Where you at now? I'm in OK. Massive car culture here. It's great.

Also Yeah, I had a 92 Dakota, we turned on some thrash punk and moshed in the back where there werent even any seats, almost ran it off the road rocking it back and forth while going down the highway

North TX now

... where you ever a teacher?

This. I have a 99 and it gets around 20 mpg. Not bad. Plenty of room too.

this^^^

I can't complain about the 4 runner, don't see many at the shop.
Of course I don't see too many on the road either.

I used to own a white 1993 Ford Bronco, but the fucking cops sized it and sold it in police auction.

Is there any other cars like Bronco made today? I need a cool car to murd.... date white women.

no, IT for me. grew up around Konawa.

his was plain black, it was a sleeper, no indication of what it was. don't know where he got it, i didn't even realize what it was until he told me. i still can't get over those cars, such a strange anomaly. but bad as hell

>konawa
>dat meth culture
I miss the good ol days when nobody would do that shit.
I stay around the outskirts of the city, so I can still order mah cheesey bread when I'm lazy.

i thought all the T/A engines back then were weak as fuck. the stock corvettes were as far as i know. gas crunch as such. hell, the 80s stock V8s were barely out of the 230 hp range, and that was the hotter ones (ie, we put a different cam in it)