Soooo, I guess we don't like this one huh?

Soooo, I guess we don't like this one huh?

Nah we do

all the redditors in here do

was just thinking of starting a thread of "2017 albums nobody talks about anymore"

>not vapid pop
>not vapid hip-hop
>not vapid waifu

yeah, it has no place here

It's good. Really good.

It's great.

why do you say "we" you sycophantic gibbon

top notch album

I've seen a lot of praise for it

This album is like Rush or Hendrix. The opinion I think is so unanimous that there's really no need for discussion.

It's great. The real question is, how does it rank? For me:

Helplessness Blues > Crack-Up > self-titled

it will pass the test of time

aoty

I'd agree with that

BRB downloading helplessness blues

I really liked this album but I'd literally never heard of fleet foxes until a week ago.
I'm /nu-mu/ who came for a visit from Sup Forums but stuck around after downloading about 10 gig of music just on the first day.

How well known are these guys? I don't listen to the radio or awt so I don't even know what's normie-core

Crack-Up > s/t > Helplessness Blues

There are plenty of great songs on Helplessness Blues, but also some I just can't get into. s/t is less matured lyrically, but it sounds consistently good. Crack-Up is definitely their best musically and lyrically.

They're more popular than Animal Collective but less popular than Katy Perry. Not a "mainstream" pop band, but very well known in the "indie folk" scene, I think. Whenever I went to pick up Crack-Up from Barnes and Noble, they said that they played something from it on the store radio.

Yeah, terrible album.

almost 3 million montly listeners on Spotify

They were relatively popular when they first debuted ('08-'10 ish) but they kinda got typecast as your stereotypical Seattle-flannel-beard hipster. I think that image kind of weighed them down, even after their second album Helplessness Blues was a literal 10/10, but the hipster appeal had started to fade. Crack-Up thankfully is much more mature and is pretty much completely past all that

Numales love it

It's trash

This album is fantastic.

why?

Because I have to know that I have a general consensus that approves or disapproves of the music that I've listened to. Leaving me to form my own opinions? Yuck why would I ever do that.

>vapid folk
yea, it has its place here

I feel like Sup Forums agrees near-unanimously that both of those artists are hugely overrated

I don't but I'm generally just not a fan of Fleet Foxes or most indie folk/chamber folk/chamber pop

i think the singer sticks to a rhyme scheme way too much to make the singing itself sound good, sort of like, the words make a repeated sound within the verse, but really overused and he doesn't actually have anything to express, or he can't express it naturally because he's sticking to this nice-sounding, but empty, scheme.

i keep trying to give them a chance, but just the way he writes frustrates me.

AOTY still. Grizzly Bear's album was the only thing that could top it for me but didn't. Unless something blows me away or MadGibbs drops out of nowhere I think it will stay that way