Boring shoegaze

boring shoegaze

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/national-sleep-well-beast
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ummm wtf, no.

The National are surprisingly good pleb filter

Anyone who calls them boring lacks attention span and probably listens to most new albums only once

Couldn't stand this. I'm out. Back to Davis.

There isn't a single shoegaze song in this album

>Any shoegaze
>Not boring

Boxer > Aligator > Sleep Well Pupper > TWFM > High Violet > SSFDL > s/t

The Objective List:

Boxer > Alligator > Sleep TIght Good Night > HV > Trouble > National > Sad Songs

it's futurepop

swap Good Night, and Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite with High Violet and I'll agree with you

Oh, yeah. So randumb.

goddamn, fucking shit taste. just stop listening to the national

Anyone who denies that Boxer is their best album is a retard

anyone have a download?

i personally think their best is alligator. im fine with the popular opinion that boxer is their best, but SWB being better than any of their albums that's not s/t is just a horrible opinion

it's an okay album but it's clear they're running out of ideas, and the songwriting was even less painstakingly and intimately cared for than TWFM

How are they running out of ideas? SWB is probably their most varied album and way more different from the formula they established with Alligator than HV and TWFM.
Also they lyrics are going into a completely different direction this time. They are way more depressive and talk about society as a whole a lot more. They also never did these loosely structured songs like Sleep Well Beast (the song) before.

How the fuck is this album shoegaze

cause Berninger is always so drunk on stage that he's not able to lift his head

>dude synthesizers, dude drum machines

they didn't even have a formula until TWFM, and that's how i knew this album was going to let me down. it's basically just TWFM overlayered with bleeps, bloops, guitar solos, and with less hooks

This is so true. It works especially well on Sup Forums. The dumb underage faggots who just want to talk about the latest meme SoundCloud hack who beats pregnant women get BURIED fast.

>needing hooks in music
Lmao

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/national-sleep-well-beast

case in point: TMT likes them, Melon doesn't like them