It’s a matter of taste I know but, personally...

>It’s a matter of taste I know but, personally, I was well miffed to see OK Computer atop the Q ‘100 Greatest Albums Of All Time’. I’m a fan of records, not bands. There’s even stuff that The Beatles did which I wouldn’t bother replacing if they were robbed off me. The Bends is a great record, but OK Computer and Amnesiac… I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. There’s nothing on ‘em that wasn’t being done by Faust 25-years ago.
Is he right Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r30X_Be_7p0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's a fag

He is kinda right about the last part y'know

100%

He can't say shit seen as all his music is heavily derivative (even more than radiohead) and the bends is utter shite

Also I saw a video where he had said that he only recently found about faust so don't go using that as "oh he's got a great taste in music" as I know you oasisfags will do

>the bends is utter shite
stopped reading

>he hasn't liked them that long therefore it doesn't cout

It's not that, it's that people will claim he's always had a great taste and will further claim that he has expert knowledge of music

You don't know how insufferable oasis fans are

he's patrician as fuck.
show some respect blurfag

You're confusing Faust for Can, I reckon, in this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=r30X_Be_7p0
where he says he's getting into them

>You're confusing Faust for Can, I reckon, in this one:
I am confusing it for that, thanks

>watch Johnny Marr's
>Morricone
>documentries on turn of the century philosophers and artists

>watch Noel's
>"she looks mental"
>"this is probably shit"

Kek
tnh all What's In My Bags are either "yeah, and this is an album of Egyptian pigs eating radishes while a man whacks pans together and shouts, it's so interesting and trippy" or "I don't know what this shit is, but it's red and I like the colour red"

muh patrician af doesn't matter when it comes to properly rating albums and bands boyo

this literal nigger is wrong here and in general oasis a talentless music industry machination no different from a 90s rock version of Pink/Bieber/etc

Damn I've always hated his muisc, but that's a pretty patrician opinion

All Britpop is garbage. No exceptions.

yeah, that "music industry machination" on an independent, and later, self-run label made up of a group of people who had immense difficulty working together at the best of times and who took every opportunity possible to fuck up any sort of promotional platform they were given, especially in the biggest market they could crack, the american one, your a massive cunt good job your a nobody as if be coming down your chimney and volleying you in the face

Where do I start with Faust or Can? I tried Neu! but it was just ok

They weren't always on creation you ball licker

creation went under in 99, so how'd they manage that?
also creation was indie

>I tried Neu! but it was just ok
Can are more accessible than faust. Try 'can - ege bamyasi' and go back to faust once you like can

>also creation was indie
I know mate. I mentioned it, why the fuck do you think that I don't know what it was?

Then again, the fact that Taylor Swift is also on an indie label proves how little that actually means.

Thanks m8

>Blur

I don't give a fuck about your sissy britrock. USA music is superior

Radiohead are a rehash of Joy Division, Sonic Youth and Faust. Everyone knows that.

>it's a Sup Forums shits on radiohead thread even though everyone loves them in this board episode

He's right though, even if you like Radiohead you have to admit that they're not all that innovative for an """Experimental Rock""" band

Who was doing anything like Kid A or Amnesiac at the time?

"What's the deal with Radiohead? When I'm having a party with the guys and we have some girls over, I know I'm not reaching for the Radiohead CD."

Not necessarily at the time, though artists like Stereolab, Aphex Twin, latter-day Blur or even U2 were doing similar work then or before it, but that you can see the very obvious strands from artists like Can, or Magazine, or Pendrecki, or whoever

I really like Amnesiac but I haven't listened to Faust so I feel I don't really have a say in the matter.

Not the same guy, but I've yet to hear another album really blend all of that into something new the way Kid A does. Sure you can hear the influence of CAN or Aphex Twin, but when you listen to those artists none of their materials sounds really anything close to Kid A.

I'd say there was a trend of artists going in that direction at that time. Listen to something like 13 by Blur, or Six by Mansun and there's definite a similarity of technique and direction, even if the influences are a little different between them.

>I keep Radiohead CDs in my house for when I don't have brain dead fuck toys around
I'll have to look up this rock kid, he sounds patrish.

Yes. Unfortunately Oasis is also shite.

Can's first album is a pretty good first krautrock album.
HE HASN'T BEEN BORN YET HE HASNT BEEN BORN YET
And Faust IV for Faust

Chicks dig Radiohead though.

The Bends is literally just a bad attempt at U2. cringe melodrama, super boring songwriting. OKC at least got a little less boring, Kid A is their only truly great album. Amnesiac is Kid A for contrarians. HTTT is actually better than OKC and The Bends. In Rainbows is halfbaked and TKOL is underrated

can't handle the truth?

bjork

How can anyone have such a bad opinion