Sycophant-core

What are some other albums for sycophants other than Talk Talk's "Laughing Stock"?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what "sycophant" means?

syncophant definition essentials chart

Sucks up to people for personal gain
Really don't get how that album is sycophantic

a sycophant is someone who spreads false rumors about other people with malicious intent
needless to say op has no idea what sycophant means either

Someone who acts obsequiously to another person in order to gain advantage (i.e I listen to this Sup Forumscore album! Look at how cool I am!)

Crony, yesman, underling, suck-up, grunt, obsequious, creep, minion are synonymous terms

It's has pretty negative connotations and can be used as an insult

You obviously don't know what it means babe, google it

pretending to like "patrician" albums

>a sycophant is someone who spreads false rumors about other people with malicious intent
>needless to say op has no idea what sycophant means either
oh the irony

Thanks mates I think I draw a conclusion on what sycophant means.

that's not what sycophant means at all, in fact there are no words with that explicit definition

the word sycophant originates from ancient greece
there was a law that forbade figs be exported from athens, and when someone wanted to smear another's name, he would claim that that person exported figs (syca), hence sycophant
that is what sycophant means
if you use it in any other way, it's your fault for being illiterate

>in fact there are no words with that explicit definition
maybe something like 'disinfo agent'?

>in fact there are no words with that explicit definition
Slanderer?

>if you use it in any other way, it's your fault for being illiterate
isn't it illiterate to not use the the word the way everyone else and the dictionary uses it?

>Language doesn't evolve
I detect autism

What a fucking shit thread this was.

OP, next time use 'pretentious'. Or better yet don't make a thread at all because it's still a terrible and overused word (but at least it makes a semblance of sense).

>mfw i derailed this whole tread by asking a question

Hmm yeah, Slanderer is pretty close. Scandalmonger is another one.

you are the type of person that uses the word literally in a non literal sense

look it up mate just because that's where the term originated from (not to mention it came from a different language) doesn't mean it has the same definition

No, I literally don't

welcome to Sup Forums m8

>you are the type of person that uses the word literally in a non literal sense

the definition changed because of hillbillies and uneducated spergs that can't grasp the concept of vocabulary, yes

LS is beautiful what are you talking about.

tbf it was a shit thread to begin with and people wanted to change the subject anyway

what about words in the past, im sure they literally had a similar fate, quit being such a crybaby, words are made-up abstractions