Tell me your ideas for a video game

tell me your ideas for a video game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVe4BRB4kxM
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SpaceInch.LoveOfMoney&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a sourcemod school shooting simulator -- Natural Selection
it would have a singleplayer where you have to get maximum kills in minimum time in the school, and a deathmatch multiplayer which could literally just be heavily modded HL2DM
Raise $100 and you can get it on Steam instantly on the new system, it'd be a meme but I bet there'd be more than 20 edgelords on steam willing to pay $5 for a school shooting FPS

I don't want to build a game.
I want to build a universe.

A SAW video game where you construct your own puzzles and maps, and can watch replays of people dying to your genius creations of shotgun doors, broken glass and keys inside of dead bodies and toilets.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVe4BRB4kxM

Gondola Simulator VR
Sit or Stand in random places.
You don't have to do anything.
Just exist and want to kill yourself.

No Man's Sky is already a thing and it was awful

I know that feel way too well my brother

not talking bout tht shit

No Man's Sky, but merged with Kerbal.

>sandbox style gameplay
>switch between first and third person
>make your own character
>in depth, choose skills and perks
>KOTOR style three party system that you can rotate who you control
>setting in Middle Ages
>choose what country you start in

I have a better description but i am so shit tired I can't think of more depth to it like I usually imagine...

Also another idea

>Action strategy game
>can individually take control of units to fight in the battles while switching back to map to control full forces

Rpg game, you're character is already a bad ass and you run around making fun of the games system that tries to give u useless upgrades to magic, dexterity, agility, and shit. All the NPCS think you're weak because your stats suck, but you're actually a god and cam do whatever the fuck you want including following the story pretending to be a massive white knight faggot.

That's one of the gayest ideas I've ever heard.
Get on it, EA.

I want to make a game in which you play a grizzly white male soldier accompanied by a his small group of marginally ethnically diverse soldier friends. Your mission will be to take out a splinter cell of terrorists in an unnamed middle eastern country using a combination of stealth, third person cover based shooting, and spectacular set pieces.

Themes will involve nationalism, xenophobia, and "let's all go to war and die"

Heh, I hate grinding. I'll cheat at shit like skyrim given any opportunity. Sorry for typos, I'm on phone

not the same but try Deception IV

I want lots of ways to kill my team and bonus points for doing it. No minorities allowed in my team

>I'll cheat at shit like skyrim given any opportunity.
You are a sad little man. However, games not allowing people to cheat in their own game is fucking retarded.

>>Action strategy game
>>can individually take control of units to fight in the battles while switching back to map to control full forces

Soul Calibur III had some of this and I loved it to bits

Why? So you can steal them?

I don't have the time or inclination to sit there and grind. Cheating on that is like hitting a fast forward button since I'm going to get there soon anyways

you are an AI that wants to love.
a carbon copy of that wiki game where you need to get to an article by clicking hyper links.

How about a game that doesn't have any fucking RPG elements in it?

you speak like you own a videogame studio and are actually going to make any of these yourself

let it happen, then

Don't need a game for that

not trying to argue it's annoying, but I am a little curious to read the issue you've got with them.

A New Splinter Cell.
You play a child soldier in a semi open third world country. Really edgy shit with crazy death animations. And you WILL be punished for not being stealthy.

that would actually be really cool
shame every single games "journalist" would shit on it

A game where you roll to get dubs, trips, and quads.

my god youre a genius

Because op needs ideas and most people play games but don't make them

what are these repeating digits that you speak of?

When you do win, you have to quit game and never play again. Costs $5 to reinstall

insert $5 to continue posting

I deleted system 32, now what?

These things apparently

I have more ideas about it and none of it is sfw.

Nope

And then release quints dlc

I'd be down to play something like what you described though

it sounds like it'd be a truly unique experience compared to what's out there these days, implied it's handled correctly and has good production value with good writing and acting, etc.

Reminds me of Make it Rain
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SpaceInch.LoveOfMoney&hl=en

The Sims meets DnD. You play as god

If you over 30 (read: have a life), and you step away for a few weeks from a game with RPG elements (much less a fucking RPG), it fucking impossible to just pick it back up and have fun.

RPG elements become work instead of a game. If I wanted to talk to people to get things, so I can take those things and turn them into other things to buy other things to talk to more people to keep gaining experience and advancing, then I'd stop playing games and get back to work and take care of my house, family, and career.

Mount and blade mixed with Daggerfall

Huge map to explore, quest, and rule, with giant battles that can span massive portions of that map.

I think it would work well as a LotR or game of thrones game

If it already exists i dont play a ton of games so i didnt know.

>school shooting fps
>on steam
Lol. That's totally gonna work.

Target audiences are usually kids and young adults now. They're easily stimulated doing repetive tasks

I wanted to do Vietnam or some other south east Asian country but I'm down for south America.

A game where you can sit on the couch all day and gain xp. Every new level you get a new seating position. Or ypu can save up your xp points to buy a new couch

>sandbox style gameplay
>switch between first and third person
>make your own character
>in depth, choose skills and perks
>KOTOR style three party system that you can rotate who you control
>setting in Middle Ages
>choose what country you start in
except for 3 party that's mount and blade

Just make a platformer where you play a hairy micropenis and the goal is to jump into a dirty asshole. I dont think you could make anything more advanced than that or a rpg-maker game anywAys.

you can't cheat in skyrim, the console is the game mechanic for the in game concept of CHIM
it's all in the lore

RPG Maker Maker. Control the life of a man trying to make a successful RPG with RPG maker. No matter what you do, you will always have a 1% success rate or less.

I'll pass on making 1000 sets of increasingly better armor just so I can wear the best shit. They should have just skipped that shit and said dragon born blacksmiths can craft anything or smith anything if they have the materials

Nobody plays games made from epg maker

No shit. That's the point. Did you even read what I typed?

Concentration camp simulator. Build infrastructure with slave labor and gas as many kikes as you can!

Shut up you autistic faggot!

It's called kz-manager and 10years old asshole.

Almost a good point, but video games have always been targeted at kids and young adults. But something has changed in the past decade. Games at least used to be fun. Since when did an elaborate list of tasks, frameworked by an even more elaborate set of rules, somehow equal fun? Play equals fun, not a fucking list of steps, much less first figuring out that list of steps, then second executing the list of steps. I used to think I was getting older, and that's why video games were becoming boring, but no, they are just made that way.

I've always wanted to see a game with permanent consequences

So for example in skyrim, you're hunting dragons to extinction right? but there are still random dragon spawns

So in that example the number of dragons in the world would be a number that ticks down as you kill them (internally, it's not displayed anywhere to the user) and when you've killed the last one, no more spawn. Gives a gravity to your actions, makes you think about what you've done

ok another example. Let's say there's a group of npcs who are business owners. You can either help them or trash their shop. Either way there are permanent consequences to what you do. If you help them you can log in later and see that the store has expanded and looks clean and nice, if you trash their store maybe they go out of business

It's maybe too ambitious of a plan but I'd love to see a whole world with detail like this in every corner

So in a way similar to metroid 2 but way bigger?

That sounds pretty rad

If I wanted consequences to my actions, I'd just move out of my house and stop letting my parents claim me as a dependent.

Basically cyberpunk 2077

No, thief

I hadn't played metroid but I read the synopsis and yeah, like that.
Just little things like, if I drop an item on the ground or kill an enemy, I'd like to see instead of it eventually despawning and fading away, the item or body is there until something happens to it. Maybe it decomposes slowly. Maybe the gravekeeper eventually comes and carts it away

Just like, get rid of some of the video game tropes like that bodies magically disappear or all enemies drop ammo. These are convenient for gameplay purposes, but what would a game look like if we stripped them down

These are background elements. If they aren't there, people notice (like yourself), but when they're there, nobody gives two shits. What developer would want to waste their already stretched-thin budget?

So he can can make money off my ideas? Fuck off.

Ideas are shit. The devil is in the details. What were you going to do, write a 200-page game guide on here, detailing everything about your game?