I have a phone interview in 2 hours for a job that I really want to land...

I have a phone interview in 2 hours for a job that I really want to land. Anyone feel like asking me questions on here for practice? You can tell me how shitty my answers are.
>biologist position on a fishing ship as an observer
pic unrelated

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

b-b-but user, I am white

-Why do you want this job?
-And why are you the right choice for this job?

can you start sucking my cock under the desk before our interview begins?

the hiring manager will ask this as we always do where I work

Tell me in no less than 20 words what fish you would fuck and how.

what are some molecules you like? What are some things you need to know on this ship? Youre not a little pussy thats gonna get sea sick are you? How much do you like bunsen burners scale of 1-100? What is the name of your lucky beaker? How much carbon do you carry on your person at any given time? How many joules does water evaporate at?

>Why do you want this job?
I'm excited about the opportunity to travel while working in a field I am passionate about. I've been in natural resource biology for a few years now and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to participate in data collection and hope that after a few years I will be able to move up within the company to doing research and analysis.
>Why are you the right choice for this job?
I am very methodical and I think that's an important trait for anyone in data collection. Complacency leads to error and biologists should have mastery of the NOAA manual and reference it frequently to continue to provide accurate information.

Phone interview.

I would cut off the head of a north american eel. Use its slime as lube and fuck the hole

how many types of fish do you know? Do you know what type will be in the waters passed through? Do you know the type that will not be edible? What type of biology will you be doing?

I don't know about them but we always travel to their house..where's your house by the way?

what's your biggest weakness?

how are you working with a team?

also, as an aside OP, make sure you have a few questions to ask your interviewer as well. It shows genuine interest and a desire for the job

>molecules I like
NaCl. It has a million uses, and can make almost anything palatable.

> some things you need to know on this ship
Safety. Understanding net deployment and recovery, and my duties as an observer. Having mastery of the proper sampling procedures so that I can avoid biases and be flexible in my sampling methods depending on the type of fishing done by the vessel, as well as the frequency.

>Youre not a little pussy thats gonna get sea sick are you?
No. I have a pilots license- meaning I fly small planes and don't experience motion sickness. Furthermore, I own 3 boats myself and spend a lot of time on the water currently. My father is also a diving instructor so I've spent a fair amount of time on the water.

>How much do you like bunsen burners scale of 1-100?
39/100. Hotplates are superior

>What is the name of your lucky beaker?
Kanye

>How much carbon do you carry on your person at any given time? How many joules does water evaporate at?
I don't know the answers to these without referencing other sources.

>how many types of fish do you know?
probably close to 30.

> Do you know what type will be in the waters passed through?
Yes. I have begun familiarizing myself with Alaskan fish since getting the interview and have become proficient in identifying flatfish, rockfish, rays, and cod. I am also able to use a dichotomous key to identify those I do not know offhand.

Do you know the type that will not be edible?
For the sake of commercial fisheries all bycatch is to be released or bagged for our sampling purposes. I wouldn't claim to know every inedible fish, but they are uncommon and it is something I can learn as I become familiarized with the ecosystem.

>What type of biology will you be doing?
Marine biology and statistics

What is the over all goals and mission of this data trip? What are we trying to learn with the data?

Not interested in that but will give you the best interview tip I ever got. I got it from a staffing professional. Always ask at the end of the interview, this question
>Is there any reason that you see why I would not be a good fit for this job?

This gives you a chance to address problems your interviewer sees with your application/interview/resume.

How will you address the inevitable sexual assault/harassment allegations?

> we always travel to their house..where's your house by the way?
What are you talking about?

>What's your biggest weakness?
I am a workaholic. I recognize that in this field this can be a weakness because my data is only useful if I can provide uniform haul data.. I cannot oversample one haul, and then run out of time on another. So I need to abide by my NOAA manual and keep sample sizes manageable. I think I will be able to divert my energy towards my other duties as an observer, such as paperwork, logs, deck observation, etc.

>how are you working with a team?
(Although I will be alone as an observer on the vessels), I get along well working in teams and in past positions I have always worked on with crews and shared research duties with my peers.

>make sure you have a few questions to ask your interviewer as well
thank you, I am coming up with a list.. I only have 1 question right now, trying to think of more..

>What is the over all goals and mission of this data trip? What are we trying to learn with the data?
1: Estimating the source population, and setting seasonal limits for how much the fish industry can catch in order to make sure the base population is mature and sustainable
2: Estimating bycatch- how much damage is caused to other fish in the fishery. If bycatch is too high in certain areas, those areas can be shut-down next season or even permanently to ensure that fishing practices don't cause undo harm to the ecosystem
3: Ensuring safety for people at sea, and compliance - as well as providing oversight to the fishing industry.

Trips checked, that is great advice I will definitely ask that question

Well I am a guy and will likely be on a ship full of men, so I don't think I will need to worry about it.

Thanks everyone who has responded. Even the semi unrelated questions like "what's your favorite molecule". I was feeling a little 'knotted up' and like I wouldn't be able to answer questions on the spot but this has really boosted my confidence. I'm game to answer more questions, but just wanted to say thanks guys

I dont have much experience, but I persoanlly would be scared of asking too many questions, the guy might think you are a dick, or annoying smart alec, or trying to take the power away from him, depends on the person really, if its a kind mellow teachery knowledgeable older man, then maybe they wony be so judgey, but if its a younger douche, and the last question you ask is 'is there any reason that you see why I would not be a good fit for this job?', they could be like "yeah... you just asked that snobby snooty question....we do the interview, you sit back adn we will let you know what we think.... you are so in a hurry you need me to tell you now if I think you got the job or not? Yeah these are the reasons you might not be good... a, b.. c... what are you gonna do with that info?? you know what... youre fired, you dont have the job... how could that question help either of us in any way..... we conducted the interview, there is a process, all you can do is sit tight and wait for the big dawgs to make their decision"

>Estimating the source population
how many boats are part of this crew mission? A few boats can make a few catches and estimate the source of that species? Where they hang out? Does underwater radar track them, or just the known fishing spots? How is it estimated where their source population is only using the common feeding locations, because it is assumed they only travel so far to those hot fishing spots from their 'home'? and so there is a number in their homes, and there is a number that show up at hot fishing spots?

awww, wish you the best of luck bro, sounds like an awesome thing, and your good spirits and camaraderie was rewarded with trips

how cold is the average temperature and are you responsible for having all your own gear prepared?

NaCl is not a molecule you moron
learn some basic chemistry before you bring that shit up in a job interview in a scietific field

So as a biologist on a fishing ship, what do you think you have to look out for when observing what exactly?

>scietific

I looked up my interviewer and he's a pretty young guy, mid 30s and he started out in the company working the same job that I am applying for. Here is the question I have so far:

>I understand deployments on a single vessel are limited "up to 90 days" and that observers are deployed to multiple vessels over the course of the year. In your experience, what does the time between deployments look like for an observer? Should I get housing in Alaska and a vehicle, or does the company keep me busy enough at sea that I don't need to worry about that. (the manual suggests that for the duration of my work I don't need housing)

>the other question is

You asked a whole lot of questions, but I'll try to answer with theory, and as simply as I can -- because this is a paraphrase coming from a 500+ page manual. Basically observers are deployed on ALL commercial fishing vessels in the Bering sea and the gulf of Alaska unless the operation is small, in which case observers are at the processing plant for offloading. From the catch, observers use a small sample of the overall catch to determine the maturity of the fish, their length/weight, sex, and age. For instance, if ship or two are in a certain area and they are only catching Juveniles or majority juveniles, that area will be closed next season to allow the population to mature. Furthermore, observers record the size of the nets/pots/longlines, and how long they are in the water, and researchers then process how much water passes through the nets in order to estimate what area of sea was covered. Then using some complicated modeling they calculate an estimation of what they think the population of that species is in the area. And by also sampling and recording bycatch, we get an idea of the other species present and their numbers as well.

It's pretty complicated to try to paraphrase, but there is a lot of modeling that goes into it

yeah english is not my native language, allow me some typos, just came from work.

this information all goes into a mapping software and the sea is broken up into parcels and certain areas can get closed for fishing in the data suggests its needed. As a rule the commercial fishing industry can only take about 15% of the population of pollack thats in the water each year. Reproduction and survival rates show that the population will still grow if humans take that rate. Something like 3 million tons allowed to be taken per year of pollock

what do you mean "what am i talking about?" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DESK, A DESK WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU

now where exactly is your residence located

do you like fishdicks?

>how cold is the average temperature an
in the winter 5 degrees to 30 degrees Fahrenheit. I provide my own weather gear, all the sampling gear comes from the company.
You're right, its an ionic compound. I am a biologist, not a chemist. But I suppose I should know that. thanks

oh a desk for a blowjob? Is that what you mean

As per the manual, first duty is my own safety. Then sampling the target species to get an accurate representation of the total catch, number of male / females, and averaging the age. After that, sampling bycatch. Noting seabirds and marine mammals that may be accidentally caught or killed in the process and taking appropriate tissue samples as instructed by the manual. Furthermore, compliance of the vessel with commercial fishing guidelines and following up on my mandatory reporting duties if I see suspicious or illegal fishing practices. And finally noting all observations of rare, protected or endangered species such as short-tailed albatross.

>>What's your biggest weakness?
>I am a workaholic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

With this answer you are not going to get that job

>Should I get housing in Alaska and a vehicle, or does the company keep me busy enough at sea that I don't need to worry about that.

I personally, a nobody, wouldn't feel comfortable asking that, because its asking and acting like you already definitely have the job: I personally would word it "is the person who gets the job expected to get housing" or something like that: Not "Should I get housing in alaska and a vehicle or does the company keep me busy enough", it sounds like you already have the job, which idk... on the one hand is confidence.... but on the other hand is a kind of delusional confidence, a false confidence........s,f.,sf.,sf,s,fsflsfjhdslf idk man.

How do u imagine your work day?

>is answer you are not
I was thinking while typing it that its a shitty answer but I can't think of anything better and it is true. It's been a complaint from my family and friends in the past. I mean ffs, I already read the 500+ page job manual before even getting the interview, while taking notes, and referencing research papers to answer questions I had. I don't know a better way to answer the question but I'mopen to suggestions.

Good point.. I should be careful how I word it

Once boarding the vessel doing all the appropriate paperwork, taking measurements and weights of the bin sizes, inspecting the observer station, taring scales and making sure all my gear is on board and functional. If the ship has internet, test my connection with ATLAS servers for submitting data. Once underway- at the start of a haul, being on deck to record when the nets go down, the lat/long of the ship at the start of fishing, the depth of the nets. Then while the boat is fishing preparing the paperwork for the sampling decksheets. Eating, resting and preparing for the haul. When the nets come out of the water, I will be at the trawling alley, filling checker bins weighing, measuring, sexing the fish, removing otiliths for aging data. Cleaning gear and then getting ready for break. Repeating the process on the next haul.

yeah, give me your GPS coordinates

and also what is the longest dick you've had in your throat and also do you swallow cum, these are very important questions for your interview

>your work day
we r interested in knowing if u gonna goin your 9-5, or do u like it

also you have been here for about an hour and 30 mins and you said the interview is in 2 hours, so maybe soon you should splash some water on your face, go bathroom, take some deep breathes, do some slow mellow pacing, get comfy and ready

>Then while the boat is fishing preparing the paperwork for the sampling decksheets
while the boat is fishing it is moving with the nets in the water? Are you in charge of keeping track of the data of the speed and distance the boat travels from net drop to net pick up? Or is that part of what you mentioned with that is automatic captured?

Thanks man. I'm actually eating lunch now and doing that. I'll talk to ya guys in a bit

I'd need to see the actual forms from the company. I think I would need to record the location where the nets went down, the time, and then the location the nets came up and the time again. Speed isnt really needed, can be calculated from that data.

nah, what she should do is go outside and club a baby seal to get the adrenaline pumping so she can conquer anything

make a follow up thread

do you have a degree in biology or what?

also

>How do you feel about sometimes spending upwards of 17 hours on a boat at a time for these trips can last for extending periods.

sure, it'll probably be a slide. also my interview is isn't for another hour. I just randomly said '2 hours' earlier but I knew it wasn't til 9 PST er noon EST. But I'm eating lunch now and cleanin up. I'll report back when its over

yes, BS in bio. 17 hours on the boat no big deal, some of em are out for days and days.. specially the ones that process on board, and some companies have motherships and they catch and transfer to motherships at sea so they can stay out fishing for a very long time

Sure let's go, the holocaust...for or against?

why is this position important to you?

>mentioning a strength as a weakness
>you don't know your weaknesses
GET THE FUCK OUTTA THIS SHIP YOU LAZY FUCK!

>I think I will be able to divert my energy towards my other duties as an observer, such as paperwork, logs, deck observation, etc.

you either know your weaknesses and know that thinking is the most valuable work a human can produce and know what and how to delegate or you're fucked

most people decide doing either low value work or dont know how to delegate and are forced to do it

What are your worst qualities and how do you intend to overcome?

of course 17 hours on the boat is nothing. maybe to plebs its much but modern knowledge workers know that working 18 hour days is nothing special

nowadays 18/7/365 or you're out. thats how tight the competition is and not only on the skill but on the product market too

what is a worst quality? if sb mentions something like that and hasnt addressed that already in massive ways, this dudes fucked

spending >17 hours on a boat /= working 17 hours
0/10 reading comprehension. Downtime between hauls

I'll update you guys after the call if this thread is alive. I doubt I would get the job immediately at the end of a phone interview, but a guy can hope, right?