/daily/ - A love supreme edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Magus_The_Sexy
rateyourmusic.com/collection/Magus_The_Sexy/r0.5-5.0
youtube.com/watch?v=w0O-8qi5wSY
youtube.com/watch?v=kWUm8ccxEjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hWtZ8fPDeas
youtube.com/watch?v=1xkvsGTPgcs
chals.bandcamp.com/album/mycrosm
orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/soft-channel
antwood.bandcamp.com/album/sponsored-content
youtube.com/watch?v=wRGRd5_cyDc
youtube.com/watch?v=-QKjHsHMEHg
pastebin.com/cY90xhCG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all you other trips are lame and you know it now

What are some /metal/ approved RYM profiles?

rate your metal

it's impossible to overstate how much better the album cut of bound two is than the video cut.

I did but I found out, charts by friends' taste is better than genre charts rated from the average RYM user.

yess yeezus a good

What's the album with the bear? First row, second from the left.

pelt - effigy

agreed

Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays
>ambient, drone, EAI

This is a compilation of five seperate, two-part works, each one having a pretty different style but generally sticking to the general label of “experimental electronic”. “Plays Cornelius Cardew” and “Plays John Cassavetes” are for the most part very droney and ambient, with the second half of the latter piece looping a string progression from The Beatles’ “Good Night” to create an interesting gently rocking rhythm which I ended up liking more thatn the original song. “Plays Hubert Fichte” and “Plays Albert Ayler” are much more experimmental and EAI influenced, mostly blending a series of abstract samples and electronic noises to create a dense collage of sound that’s immediately pretty jarring but strangely calming once a lot of elements are all going off at once. The outlier on this album and one of the standout tracks is the final one, “Plays Robert Johnson”, which takes a minimal house approach and ends up being by far the most accessible and even dancy track on an album of abstract and obtuse experimentation. Overall, this had some really incredible sound design and the diversity of the different pieces made it thoroughly engaging the whole way through. However, with such a mixed bag of different sounds and styles there end up being a couple tracks that pale in comparison to their other halves, notably “Cornelius Cardew 2” and “Hubert Fichte 2”. Overall a very solid compilation!

onwards, what next lads

rateyourmusic.com/~Magus_The_Sexy

>I love Supreme™
What did John Coltrane mean by this?

>Jazz På Svenska

Be ready for chilling and having cozy time, preferably looking at pictures of the Swedish countryside

Robert Johnson 2 is an underrated closer. glad you liked!
go for frkwys 8 next.

>preferably looking at pictures of the Swedish countryside
is your face a countryside because i'll be looking at it

do Haunt Me, Haunt Me Do It Again next~

Holy shit smooth

though
>me when i look at fish and jangle.png

hmmmmm

yeezus is just boring death grips sorry sweaty ;)

oh heck i forgot to change the filename

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Magus_The_Sexy/r0.5-5.0

Not enough metal.

you need to stop

Yo I found a trance tune I actually enjoy! Gonna dig this label for some more tunes, but in the meanwhile how do I find more stuff like Catalan Rising and less stuff like Neurodancer? Do these different sounds have names and what are they?

>Baby Doc & The Dentist - Catalan Rising
youtube.com/watch?v=w0O-8qi5wSY

>Wippenberg - Neurodancer
youtube.com/watch?v=kWUm8ccxEjQ

watch me whipenberg

Found out about this one a while back. Didn't get it until recently though.

A good label with a name and style like that? I gotta check it out

>Randomer - We Laugh, We Scream
Freak Dub is probably the best Randomer track and the best thing on this release, it's heavy as fuck. The first track has some great acid lines and the vocal samples complement the aggressiveness pretty well. Nar is slower and prepares you for the bass he delivers in the last track.

all tracks are a-okay
youtube.com/watch?v=hWtZ8fPDeas
youtube.com/watch?v=1xkvsGTPgcs

> Baby Doc & The Dentist – Catalan Dawn Pt.1
Found this because of the commie aesthetic, stayed for the B side. Catalan Dawn has some worthwhile moments when the acid carries the track, but I don't like the synth that starts at the beginning and the beat isn't all that exciting. At least at it's end it foreshadows the vocal samples that give Catalan Rising it's power. I may not like the guitar that kicks off the B side, but I get lost when the track brings the acid lines and the vocals together.

gah fuck i just auditioned for a musical

how'd it go?

also what musical?

musical abortions

Mama, Catalan wasn't really my thing but Neurodancer is so good

releasing my first ever """""""""EP''''''''''"""""
Cobbled it together over 6 months in my spare time, only Astra Fanfare has no samples.

>Progressive Electronic, Vaporwave-ish, Ambient
chals.bandcamp.com/album/mycrosm

/daily/ does drama

ooh which one
will listen later.

good, i hope! and to you and it was south park bigger longer and uncut

hate the show past season 6 still love that movie

oh christ didn't know there was a musical of that.
who'd you go for?

it's mostly the same from when you heard it, third track is new Chino Amobi meme, and I shortened/touched on the final track

will listened to the last half then. still interested.

Hey this was great, very emotional for some reason.
I loved the ending a lot

If you want feedback for future projects I would personally like it more it was a bit more dynamic somehow; had slow careful build-ups, had parts that were audibly quieter than others..... idk, personal preference but yeah I think it would be more interesting then.

Great stuff, excited for more. Even bought it B-)

3.5/5

wtf im charmed, thank you v much for listening (even after my rating of your release)
I understand the feedback, I'm definitely going to try to be more adventurous in the future. I keep looking up to Replica, but I don't quite have the production chops yet

whatever you like my guy

Hey, I hope you like my band's full length better when it comes out

Reminder that both Giant Claw and Antwood's new albums are out NOW
>Antwood samples "mom get the camera" in the first track

orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/soft-channel
antwood.bandcamp.com/album/sponsored-content

Looking forward to hearing it! Gotta support /daily/ productions

no one in particular, possibly satan.

I said I'd given up, but I finished the chart anyways. Ends up there were a couple not completely boring albums left, which is cool.

>Gangstagrass - Gangstagrass
Combining bluegrass and hip-hop is actually not a bad idea. I think the fact that Gangstagrass employs a live band helps sell the concept as more than just a dumb novelty; the instrumentals have a lot more depth than looped samples alone would. The one problem is that the rapping simply isn’t up to snuff, and it’s only exacerbated by the fact that the album way too long and full of filler. It seems like this debut was more of a proof of concept than a serious attempt at an album, but that’s all the more reason to skip it. I hear that Gangstagrass achieved some mainstream popularity after doing the theme song for a TV show though, so maybe their newer albums are more polished.

>The Mad Conductor - Renegade Space Rock
The goofy old-school rapping and beats featuring rock riffs make me think of the Beastie Boys. Hell, this dude was even in a hardcore punk band too before moving to rap. The only difference is that the production is primarily based in reggae and ska, and the lyrics are a lot more surreal. I’m not big on the old-school style, especially the monosyllabic rhymes, but everything else made for a very interesting listen.

>Detektivbyrån - E18 Album
After those two balaeric beat dream pop albums, I’m glad that I enjoyed at least one of the Swedish albums on this chart. Detektivbyrån have a unique brand of instrumental folktronica that is cute, but not too cute. The instrumentation is probably what helps them stand out, as they ditched the standard acoustic guitar for accordion and music box, and use their electronics very subtly. The result is an intimate, almost pastoral sound that encompasses a wide range of emotions without sounding disjointed (even more impressive since this is a compilation). There’re a few piano-oriented pieces that feel pretty generic, but I’d definitely recommend this to anyone looking for more “comfy” music.

>Paint In Watercolour - Flow
Wow, it’s Japanese shoegaze that came out before Loveless! Except the lyrics are in English and it sounds more like Ride style alt-rock than MBV, so what’s the point? The closer seems like a step in the right direction though, so I’ll have to take a look at their full length albums at some point.

om's covers never fail me

keep us (or at least me) posted. my school that i go to for boys of legal age to be on christian image boards is doing the wedding singer this year. need to hear about some kind of a decent production.

What are your favorite CCM and Christian Hip-Hop albums?

the texas-jerusalem crossroads

>Detektivbyrån

Have you listened to Wintergatan - Wintergatan? It's basically the same band (same dude leading it) but imo a bit better, and has one of my favorite tracks ever (Starmachine2000)

ok new season was good. better than three. possibly best so far.
the ending felt a lot more down to earth so if that was your thing about s3, that's not gone, but it fit.

I haven't, I'll definitely have to check it out.

bumpin w/new chart (now with 50% less indie garabe)

yeah hope you get something better than that lmao

my school's doing a lot of better stuff, i just auditioned for south park bc it wasn't an actual theater group putting it on.

>Sleep Party People

Enemite isn't good but it's entertaining anyway. It's like the background music for a villain's lair in a low budget kung fu movie.
That Bum Tickley album is great, as is Violent Femmes.
I never cared much for Wire's debut, but I'm an Ubufag.
ROME and The Drift are borderline /daily/core but I've yet to hear them.
/blog

McChicken

No!

y not

Make the patrician choice.

FUCK yeah it was pretty amazing

i liked that it kinda played around with the show's conventions, agree that it's probably the best so far.

the dentist clown thing seemed pointless but other than that it was near perfect, episodes 2 and 11 fucked me up.

>the dentist clown thing seemed pointless

It's too late for me to attempt to analyze fiction but I have to agree with you. I'm at an impasse because the character that is the poorest-written (Todd) is also the one that I can relate to the most.

letov u have too many interesting looking favs how am i supposed to drone 33 albums reliably ugh

>the character that is the poorest-written (Todd) is also the one that I can relate to the most.
truth

i want them to explore his character more. they touched on that with the actual asexual reveal (which i LOVED), but didn't do much else with him this season.

i know the feel

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold as Love (1967)
>psychedelic rock, blues rock

Probably the worst of their three. Some solid songs ("Spanish Castle Music", "Little Wing"), great instrumental work and vocals (duh), and the laid-back sound is a welcome change. That laid-back sound is also the albums worst aspect, however. Hendrix was at his best at it's heaviest, when he displayed his skills with no holds barred. This is why Electric Ladyland and certain tracks from Are You Experienced ("Fire", "Manic Depression") work so damn well, they're unabashedly virtuosic yet they still retain a badass, soulful energy, something that this album totally lacks. Still decent, still totally underwhelming.

Yat-Kha - Yenisei-Punk (1995)
>tuvan throat singing

Instrumentally, definitely the best throat singing record I've heard. To call this straight-up "throat singing" is honestly a bit of a misnomer, it's a psych folk album that just happens to have throat singing vocals. The instrumentals are dense and textural, still managing to retain a certain rollicking, freeform nature. The solely vocal tracks aren't that hot, the vocals lack the intensity and compositional density that the best throat singing records have, but I'll be damned if the lead guy's voice isn't incredible, he seriously sounds exactly like a Jew's harp at some points.

3.0+

Phew just moved and I'm finally out of the burbs. Such a relief. I can walk to some solid bars and actually have a solid social life omg. Hopefully I'll have more free time now too!

Anyway, what have you guys been jamming to lately?

>tfw ywn know that feel

Mellow Gold is p shit outside of Loser desu
Steal My Body Home is #transcendental tho

couple disappointments on here too actually prolly the majority of things or half/half you can guess which is which

I went through Oneohtrix Point Never after that one user asked about going through artist discographies. A Pact Between Strangers is my favorite

>3 albums with naked people on the cover
Todesgeist looks like the end of Uzumaki

I would go to this show

the first two songs on that opn dog ep are really cool but i think i've listened to the last two maybe twice each ever

Score Update - Some Thoughts
Perfume Genius - No Shape
This is a solid pop album, it's well written and has that wall of sound vibe that I always click with, also his voice is really really nice to listen to

Kirin J Callanan - Bravadp
Fuck this album it's really dumb without being clever at all, bad "satire"

What next

Depressive Silence

Agreed. Matmos did a good job with his remix, but the Surgeon's techon remix of Remember and Youngs' reinterpretation of the Nassau felt generic in comparison

New Ariel Pink's a 10? Did I miss your thoughts on that?

yes
I posted about it a couple threads back

hahahahoohoohoohahahahoohoohoo

I have a feeling that Del album is underappreciated, only heard You're In Shambles but it's a great track, gotta listen to it

also seventeen seconds used to be my fav cure for a long time

I didn't scrobble much cause I was out biking in the mountains n stuff so it looks weird

how do you like either/or

i swear when i listened to it way back he didn't sound as good as now

wth

Well lads, tomorrow we're kicking out a shitcunt housemate that stores knives in his bedroom. if you don't hear from me after tomorrow, just wait longer.

same tho
i like speed trials a lot, the tune sounds like it coulda shoulda been an alt metal stomper 'cept it's ofc super shy, the energy still comes through

i was really into intimate rituals for like a week, i have no idea how that would hold up now

>X and Milo
Wtf I only listened through the album's once

feels weird seeing the real cover for career suicide

haha

should i listen to floating composition violin album ?

>black antlers and third
hi borz ;)

@emir listened to the reggaeton recs you posted the other day and I'm not feeling it at all. Las Sucias was the closest I got to enjoying the music. at least I can say I tried.

I knew you'd like that I listened to Black Antlers ;)
And Third is one of my favorite albums, great stuff

>Chris Liberator – Soul Mantra / Black Star Rising
I thought it was gonna be some more acid trance but this is an enormous acid techno banger. Seriously, listen to Soul Mantra if you like acid techno or if you don't believe in liberal capitalist representative democracy B^)

youtube.com/watch?v=wRGRd5_cyDc

>Traumprinz – Say Or Do rec'd by emir
I found this to be p bland and inoffensive, all the tracks outside of the vocal samples felt safe, with the first track being the only one I enjoyed because of the vocal samples. I've heard too much of this type of thing

youtube.com/watch?v=-QKjHsHMEHg

Release list:
pastebin.com/cY90xhCG

don't worry AnBro yr recs are next

Music for this feel?

>I've heard too much of this type of thing
that's the danger with reccing lofi meme house i guess :(
sorry benji

sorry benji [2]
i'd say stuff about language barriers and cultural differences but despacito would prove me very very wrong so i guess reggaeton is just bad

got time to chill? ;^)
also i found this picture in my computer and i don't know for what occasion i made it or if i ever posted it but you can have it

don't worry, I actually liked going through the reggaeton songs, even though I couldn't enjoy the music itself! and lofi meme house is a great expression I will now steal

Haha thanks.

rip
I started this, enjoyed Jesus let me down. I expected something way darker given the title and cover but the mood in this is rather enthusiastic with an alt country edge. A pleasant surprise anyhow, 3.5 to maybe a 4. I checked some album versions of the songs I enjoyed the most but they did not seem to reach the same level of excitement or whatever as in here.

Sure listen to it

at this point the point of todd's character is to show the benefits of living a life for the point of living, an antithesis to the rest of the cast who choose to ground themselves in goals in materials, so it's complete disconnect from the rest of the plot works for me. that's also probably why the asexuality thing is included. another layer of separation, both from the rest of the cast and sexual desires. this will possibly be explored next season assuming they do stick to the ending after season 5 thing.
todd got in some good lines this season. the samba joke had me dying.
also pb needs to dump diane and get with anybody else in the show at this point. he deserves better.

ayyy im gonna audition for one as well

Damn, I didn't remember this being good. It's kind of a shame that people flock to semantic compositions over goreshit's other non-lolicore releases just because it's a Max Richter remix EP.

lolicore goreshit is best goreshit

I don't know if I can agree with that, but mostly because I wouldn't count all the pitch shifted pop remixes lolicore. my love feels all wrong is definitely good though, it's the most popular lolicore album for a reason.