Do you believe in God?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/
galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes why wouldn't I? I don't wanna end up in hell

No i Believe in drugs

I do not believe in anything I would call a god, no.

So the only reason you believe is because someone told you something bad might happen if you don't?

Nope doesn't really make any sense

b8 detected

before this escalates...we are all free to belive what we want...i respect your right to belive or not to belive as you should respect my right to do the same..its that simple its that easy...you clueless faggots

Yes, but then again I am Satan.

Whats this "b8" you speak of?

dude seriously?
this thread just ended
jesus existed thats a fact accepted my many historians theists and atheists alike
if jesus existed than the stories of jesus were real
if the stories about jesus were real than yes i believe in God
he has transformed my life
and many others
i am here because i love you guys and want good for you
atheists will come to this thread to argue and make people look stupid and for negativity
this is the difference
so whats up?

yeah
like i said
you came here to argue
you did not come here to share anything relevant to anyones life
only to attempt to disprove what you can and make people feel dumb for believing in god
this is the difference

>if jesus existed than the stories of jesus were real
That does not follow.
>atheists will come to this thread to argue
Have you considered that maybe some of us care about the truth?

none of you care about the truth
if you did you would be knowledgable of what you dont believe in
i know all about science
i know everything you know about science
but i know tons of stuff about religion that you dont because i put time into it
i know plenty about Islam
enough to completely destroy it
this is the difference
knowledge vs baseless opinions

well your opinion means shit to me too...opinions are like assholes,,everybody has one,,also look at this ----->

Can i get solid proof a god exists before you guys start saying one does im not saying a god doesn't exist its just very unlikely.

lol no

no,
there is no solid proof he exists, just like there is no solid proof that he doesn't
just the testimonies of hundreds of millions of people throughout thousands of years that believed so much that they would die for that belief
but that means nothing according to athiests
this is the difference
personal experience vs no personal experience

>none of you care about the truth
I do.
>if you did you would be knowledgable of what you dont believe in
The average atheist knows more about religion than the average theist.
>i know everything you know about science
Prove it.
>i know plenty about Islam
So do I. I also know plenty about Christianity. I would never claim to be an expert, but I know enough to have problems with it.
>knowledge vs baseless opinions
If you're the same person from the last thread, you provided many baseless opinions.

>but that means nothing according to athiests
Exactly. You can also find people today who will provide testimonies about aliens, bigfoot, ghosts, etc. People can be mistaken, and believing something enough to be willing to die for it doesn't make them correct.

>The average atheist knows more about religion than the average theist.
this is absolute garbage and you know it
a claim pulled so far from the depths of your ass its almost funny
how can someone with no experience with god know more about god than someone who has experienced god?
>atheist logic
this is the difference
atheists think they know more about something they have never experienced in their life
christians talk about what they know from things they have experienced in their own lives

>Do you believe in God?

Do you mean God or God(tm)?

>this is absolute garbage and you know it
Nope, it's been shown in studies.
>how can someone with no experience with god know more about god than someone who has experienced god?
That's begging the question. Someone who does not believe in a god concept can have just as much experience with it as someone who does believe in that god concept.
>atheists think they know more about something they have never experienced in their life
Except many of us have experienced things, then later came to realize that those experiences were mis-attributed.
>christians talk about what they know from things they have experienced in their own lives
I don't think Christians are lying, but we know that people make mistakes. We know that certain feelings can be induced through purely physical means. We know that human memory is unreliable and changes over time.

>comparing bigfoot or alien testimonies to testimonies about god
>you cant
god/ believing in god has been around as long as humans have
and on that point its not the same types of testimonies
no one claims to have seen god if they do theyre liars or crazy
god actively changes peoples lives
thats the testimony
god is real and loves us and helps us through life
thats the testimony
its totally different than just seeing someone or having a ufo encounter
its a lifestyle if you choose to make it

>nope its been shown in studies
at least try and prove it with one link thats acceptable, they could be talking about any religion, and sure, thats cool atheists can know about religion but that doesnt mean they know 1 thing about having a relationship with god and thats what its all about

You don't have to believe in facts, they simply are. God simply is.

No, religion is fake.

It takes a divine entity to fuck my life up so God damn much.

Keaton used to say he didn't believe in God but he feared him
Well I believe in God,and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Söze

Childish security blanket. Everything's okay because he works in mysterious ways.

>god/ believing in god has been around as long as humans have
Irrelevant.
>on that point its not the same types of testimonies
They are quite similar actually.
>no one claims to have seen god if they do theyre liars or crazy
Not necessarily. They can simply be mistaken, just like people who claim to have experienced god in other ways can be mistaken.
>god actively changes peoples lives
Other experiences change people's lives as well.
>its totally different than just seeing someone or having a ufo encounter
Not in any relevant way.
pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/
>doesnt mean they know 1 thing about having a relationship with god and thats what its all about
Show that anyone can have knowledge about having a relationship with a god.

to further this pointits not about religion. its about God, this thread is about God, and in Christianity the relationship is about God more than anything. I may not believe everything thats in the bible but i believe in God without a doubt in my mind. And i was not always like this. I didn't believe in God before. I went through all the same thoughts you did. Most people do most christians have. Even if you are raised in a religious home everyone has doubts but i feel more often than not substantial things happen that turn people to God and that shouldn't be ignored. It's rarely so simple a choice as not believing in anyhting is.

die heathens

I mean that doesn't mean much the people that say they had dreams of god could be all imagination cuase if you say something over and over and over again you'll believe it like if some saw god that could be memory from pictures they've seen and just imagine the picture of god same thing goes for people that believe in aliens most of the time it's just a airplane,star or drone but they see a UFO because they've been fed the same stuff over and over again.

its not irrelevant to the fact that its been around way longer than the shit you mentioned, follow your own conversation. when you say stupid shit like that it makes me tune out and not read anything else you type

> its about God
The word god is just a label that is applied to a multitude of concepts.
>And i was not always like this. I didn't believe in God before.
Irrelevant if your reasons for believing in God now are not sound.
>I went through all the same thoughts you did
You don't know me.

>it makes me tune out and not read anything else you type

Something tells me that's what you do regarding anything you just don't want to hear. Most retarded debater I've seen in a while...

OP why do you care if b is Christian or not? This will just result in pointless arguments that will get you nowhere. B is like the last place you should be asking people what they believe in.

>its not irrelevant to the fact that its been around way longer than the shit you mentioned
So in 2000 years, if stories of aliens are still around, then they will have the same credibility as stories of Jesus have today?
>when you say stupid shit like that it makes me tune out and not read anything else you type
Not an argument.

from brainyquote i saw these: what is logical is real by hägel and by nietzsche: faith: not wanting to know the truth

atheists are lazy, stupid, edgy children

in 200o years they still wouldnt have began at the beginning of time at the start of human live as we know it and we do know that religion existed since the beginning
the one thing that for sure didnt exist since the beginning is atheism

people dont believe in god with the same faith that christians believe
there is no difference
neither can be 100% confirmed

nietzshe was a faggot

> at the start of human live as we know it and we do know that religion existed since the beginning
We also know that religion has changed over time. Before there was the monotheistic god concept there were polytheistic gods and nature spirits. Humans appear to be prone to belief in such things, but that does not make them real.
>the one thing that for sure didnt exist since the beginning is atheism
Prove that among the earliest humans, there was not at least one who did not believe in gods.

If you had said that people believing that no gods exist use faith, you might have a case. Not believing something doesn't require any faith at all.

To know God it has to happen on a personal level. For this one mist go on Faith and truly have faith to find proof that God exists. This is in the good book that those who don't believe will be deceived until the end. Do yourselve a favor and try to have faith while asking God to show you he's there. Study the word and things will begin to make sense over time and the more you study. If it its any consolation I'm ordained.

You are practically begging for confirmation bias. You are saying that you should just believe, and then you will find reasons to justify that belief. In no other area is this a reasonable thing to do.

>Humans appear to be prone to belief in such things, but that does not make them real

How do you figure?

>Prove that among the earliest humans, there was not at least one who did not believe in gods

You don't need proof of that. The ancient peoples all believed in some from of deity.

there is only one god that christians know and believe in
all other "gods " are false worship to idols that humans made up out of their own head
like you said
>the word god is a label that is applied to a multitude of concepts
i dont think that anyone truly believes god is a guy in the sky
everyone who believes and experiences god knows its much more than that, its everything, its a connection its a lot
there is one god but its the holy trinity the father, the son, and the holy spirit
the connection that binds us, the creator, and the son which is god also
it really could be anything

Yes religion is fake, man made. God no he's real and one say you'll know the truth

I do not.

Or you can say some have just tapped into another side of reality you're not familiar with therefore you don't understand.

>How do you figure?
Because belief in something does not cause that something to exist in reality.
>You don't need proof of that.
I do if you want me to believe it.
>The ancient peoples all believed in some from of deity.
Not actually true. At least one culture has been discovered with no god concepts.
>all other "gods " are false worship to idols that humans made up out of their own head
The problem is all those other gods are indistinguishable from the Christian god to me.
>i dont think that anyone truly believes god is a guy in the sky
Okay. I never claimed anyone did.
>there is one god but its the holy trinity the father, the son, and the holy spirit
>the connection that binds us, the creator, and the son which is god also
Prove it.
>it really could be anything
It could also be nothing.

wow, who told you god is real? was it the trees? was it the wind?

No I said you must have faith. Not the same as belief.

Too bad this mentality wasn't more dominant. You sound like a genuine gentleman.

In my weaker moments... But in general no...

Define faith.

God here
sorry user everyone goes to hell
>even me.

Of course.

even if i've given him no reason to believe in me recently.

A lot of the gods you mention are actually the watchers from the book of Enoch. Man didn't know the difference. God sent the watchers to watch over mankind. Later in time they became corrupted by the flesh and had sex with the daughters of man. This is what leads up to the great flood.

God himself told me, ye of little faith. One day you will learn and hopefully before its to late.

Holy fuck. We have an actual genius on /b.
I know he is a genius cuz he says so.

you keep repeating
>prove it
>prove it
but there is no proof
To me, there is loads more proof than anything else on this earth. I read words right in front of me with my own eyes and then it all comes together, everything starts making sense as i begin to understand what i'm reading. There are tons of examples in everyday life make me more sure everyday.
but to you, there is no more proof of the existence of god than there is proof of him 100% not existing.
You have to choose, you can wake up and everything will remain the same and youll believe what you want to believe. Or you can see just how far the rabbit hole goes

Took me many years, but I have found the truth that I was seeking. Made me feel at peace with many unanswered questions which through more time have been answered for me.

>but there is no proof
Then I have no reason to believe it.
>To me, there is loads more proof than anything else on this earth
Yet your personal experiences are insufficient. They should not even be sufficient for you. Your confidence levels are irrelevant.
>You have to choose
The default is to not believe things until there's reason to believe it.

This is the default of weaker men.
Man would be nowhere if men were filled with people that had a mindset like that.

seeit was for you

No, it's the default of anyone who is rational and wants a coherent set of beliefs. If the default were belief, you would have to belief in all sorts of mutually contradictory things. Skepticism is part of the foundation of the scientific method, which has provided the greatest contributions man has ever known.

You do realise that's all probably just you wanting a god so you're life isn't completely useless after you die. All that probably is is you're mind playing tricks on you the reason people have to belive to see sings of god is because there is no sings of god there making them.

Well from Webster dictionary you might have a point, but biblically speaking faith is different from solid belief. Faith connects you to our Lord Jesus who in return sends you the holy ghost which ultimately leads you back to the one and only true God.

>until theres a reason to believe
forget about heaven and hell
theres this thing that makes millions of people happy and they all swear by it
they dont get paid to swear by it
if anything they pay to swear by it
they suffer to swear by it
the get ridiculed and judged and yet they still swear by it
some even died swearing by that experience and love
if thats not enough of a reason for you to want to ACTUALLY learn about it than you are an absolute fool and this is obviously going nowhere
you make no points
you just deny everything you hear
good luck

Okay. Tell me then, how does one obtain faith? How do you connect yourself to Jesus?

>theres this thing that makes millions of people happy and they all swear by it
I am interested in what is true, not in what might make people happy.
>if thats not enough of a reason for you to want to ACTUALLY learn about it than you are an absolute fool and this is obviously going nowhere
Except I do try to learn about it. I've studied world religions.
>you make no points
I've made many points.

>studied world religions
thats your problem
you dont study god
you dont have a relationship with god
religions mean nothing at the end of the day
thats where you are failing to understand the most
fuck religion
my relationship with god is the most true thing thats ever existed in this world
and many people live by that truth
live
not think
its a lifestyle, it embodies you and there is no other truth but god at that point

>if Jesus existed then the stories about Jesus must be real
If Muhammad existed then the stories about Muhammad must be real
If Joseph Smith existed then the stories about Joseph Smith must be real
>being this retarded

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

>you don't study god
Show me God, and I'll study it at the very least.
>my relationship with god is the most true thing thats ever existed in this world
Prove it.

>muhammad
youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics/videos
pick one
>must be real
yeah, muhammad did exist, his preaching were bullshit but firsthand accounts are firsthand accounts. theres a lot of history related to muhammad and thats how we know he was an absolute scumbag, recorded history

Yes. I just don't like him.

show yourself god
if theres anything that i can teach you today its that
you cant go around the world bitching like a pubescent moron
>prove it show me prove it show me
find him yourself just like everyone else did
you study world religions but dont know how to find god?
i call bullshit

I was tripping on shrooms really hard with two eighths and I could feel the creator of the universe. The Dark Sun. He created our solar system and the Light Sun.

Both suns are dying and we exist in order to save the universe from self-destruction.

You could call the Dark Sun "god" but he's more of a natural phenomenon.

I can see why you might think this as I myself was once in your shoes thinking the things you think, but I stepped out on a limb tried the faith approach by letting go of my human ego. Praying is very simple and doesn't take much effort or time out of your day. Through prayer I found my faith and knowledge increasing. No not over night, but many year later, I found truth. I can only help guide you, but after all is said and done its up to you to step out on that ledge my friend.

>show yourself god
How?
>you study world religions but dont know how to find god?
I'm aware of methods in those religions meant to "find" god (e.g. prayer) and have indeed tried them. Nothing has ever happened.

you seem to have an evidence fetish. not everything in reality can be proven in the way you would like it to be proven, cuck.

Religion is fake but god is true.
NIgga do you understaind yourself? Every god commes from a religion if you say, Religion is fake. you deny your own point. Get your shit together

nigga that's the gayest shit i've ever heard, stop using drugs

Yall need jesus

>not everything in reality can be proven in the way you would like it to be proven
If true, then we cannot reasonably know about those things. Evidence and reason are the only reliable means we have of discovering reality.

i do ever since i saw shadow man with my brother in broad daylight. if the supernatural is possible then god is truth because nothing could explain that.

You begin with prayer and letting go of your human ego.
The ego comes from Satin. Do what feels good to you no matter the moral or consequence, the very meaning of Satinism.
Reach out, be kind, show love, and pray that he comes to you and helps you believe. Guides you in the right direction.
Jesus=love

>i study world religions
you tell me
everyone else in this entire world and history figured it out and found god ourselves
why can you?
are you autistic or something?
Do you need a tutor for god? go to church, read the bible, try learning about what you're talking about
>those religions
there is no other God than the one i know
maybe youre not looking in the right places
im sure you can figure it out
unless you cant, then good luck

That's just a nigger

>two eighths
Hmm, I wonder if theres a better way to describe this

>seeing a "shadow man" = god must be real

I wish I could function off of shitty logic like this.