I'm an ExMuslim, ask me anything

I'm an ExMuslim, ask me anything.

Especially Muslims, I have studied the Quran/hadith/fiqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

quran.com/24/2
quran.com/3/85
quran.com/4/34
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump with some stones that uses to salute Mohammad.

Jabir b. Samura reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I recognise the stone in Mecca which used to pay me salutations before my advent as a Prophet and I recognise that even now.
Sahih Muslim 30:5654

And protection from bad dreams

Sorry, I missed the dream protection.

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him."
Sahih Bukhari 9:87:115

And for good luck

>Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do.
Sahih Bukhari 7:72:786

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you, when having sexual relation with his wife, say:'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and prevent Satan from approaching our offspring you are going to give us,' and if he begets a child (as a result of that relation) Satan will not harm it."
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:493

what made you question?
what made you quit?
still afraid of hell?

is it as bad as it seems?

Would you agree to that the Quran includes a lot of parts that in quite normal for any sane person toconsider dangerous and/or violent? Too violent for a religion for our modern day, that would be.

If so, why is ok for the Bible to be reformed 2 (or maybe even 3) times, but the Quran to never be changed?

I'm going to find you and behead you,you fucking infidel

Dude not every christian uses the new bible

Just cause some pussies couldnt handle the bible doesnt mean every religion needs to be pussies now

Yeah the Qur'an is hardcore shit but its mostly stories and not commands. Thats why you need to interpret it. And it will never be changed or else it wouldnt be islam would it. It would be some gay protestant version of islam.

right, dont change it just change what words mean and there you go.

That way a flat earth turns into an ostrich egg and a sun and moon orbiting the earth turn into planets in a solar system.

why are muslims such weak creatures? always blaming the person in front of them, its a culture of blaming, while chrisitans, also sad story, always take blame on themselves.
its a religious thing that mixed in culture related things and annoys me as fuck.

islam is cancer, it should just be removed, because its not able to reform for modern times

OP still around?

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

I dont really see how this is open for interpretation. In addition, why is it even necessary to have any form of violence towards others at all? Sure, you might not give a crap about it, but """"others"""" might do and use it as justification for their acts of violence.

Sorry for the delay, gentlemen.

Well, familiarity with other religions and mythologies. Islam just seemed like all the other myths/superstitions/religions.

Afraid of hell, no. Death, no. Painful death, yes.

Islam, yes, Muslims not necessarily.

Yes, I think most mainstream scriptures are barbaric, the Old Testament and the Quran are tied for worst, though the Old Testament might be more horrible. The New Testament is retarded too, Jesus was not a peaceful hippy.

Matthew 10 34 : Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

>f so, why is ok for the Bible to be reformed 2 (or maybe even 3) times, but the Quran to never be changed?

Ideologically, the Quran states that it was perfected and it can never be altered, abrogated, changed, invalidated, corrupted by man. So its fucked

christians taking the blame?
remember hundreds of years of christian antisemitism?
american christians claiming to be persecuted whenever they have their special treatment removed?

>the Qur'an is hardcore shit but its mostly stories and not commands.

Islam stems from the Quran and Sunnah, the Sunnah being the way, the words and actions of the Prophet. He said some horrible shit.

The Quran is also homophobic, sexist, intolerant of other religions, allows one to beat their wife to discipline them.

I think theologically, there is a religious culture of blaming others, esp jews, plus the idea that Islam is perfect so any flaws/problems must stem from either a misunderstanding of islam or outside forces.

>I have studied the Quran/hadith/fiqh.

Oh, you think your weekend internet research qualifies you to have an opinion about the nature of the divine?

Well let me tell you, I stand with 1500 years of darkness and bafflement and hunger behind me. My kind has harvested a thousand souls, and I couldnt give a drop of jizz for your internet assembled philosophy.

to be fair anti semitism is 99,9% the jews fault because of their jew ways of deception and lies.

First, you took one fucking sentence from an entire chapter that is meant to be read together.

Second, it has mercy in that sentence. You took it out of context but it still clearly says if they desist, god will forgive them. And to turn them out like they turned us out. So if you post the whole passage then you can figure out who they is and why they turned the muslims out in the first place.

You realise the book is 800 pages long. The bible has lots of nasty shit too but in context most makes sense.

>Oh, you think your weekend internet research qualifies you to have an opinion about the nature of the divine?

There is a real culture of antiintellectualism in some aspects of Islam, and it started with Muhammad.

Muhammad couldn't handle questions like "if Allah created everything, who created Allah?"

From Sahih Muslim

>It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah may peace be upon him) observed:
The Satan comes to everyone. of you and says: Who created this and that? till he questions: Who created your Lord? When he comes to that, one should seek refuge in Allah and keep away (from such idle thoughts).

Heres the nature of Allah. He likes sneezing and dislikes yawning.

>Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, satan will laugh at him."
Sahih Bukhari 8:73:242

Why are middle East chicks so hot

Islam isn't too bad but holy shit the anti intellectualism you mentioned is EVERYWHERE. Allah forbid a muslim child ask their parents logical questions about the fucked shit they teach. Better hope they have bones stronger than the piece of wood allah prescribes to beat their ass with

uhh a muslim cancer boy there, i was talking about attitudes in arguments and a basic pov in seeing discussion
not about historical or present events of guilt related to outcames of not even rly religion related happenings to ethic groups

you smell american to me

Lets have some Quran time.

quran.com/24/2

Lashing for unmarried adultery

>The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.

quran.com/3/85

All non Muslims going to hell.

>And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

quran.com/4/34

Misogyny and wife beating

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

about 42 to nearly 72%(and even more) dont know the alphabet in espacial african islamic countries
an there is a correlation between not knowing sheet, fucking goats and eating poo and being a believer in true islam so to say

This isn't shocking. Adultery is immoral everywhere even in the cucked western countries. Don't you want your wife to be loyal with a real punishment if shes not, rather than letting her ride BBC and then taking half your shit in divorce?

Every religion has the chosen one bullshit. Christians all feed each other in heaven while dirty browns burn in 7 circles, buddhists get enlightenment but the rest of the world gets reincarnated as insects, etc.

I mean you picked the most agreeable things. Women can be huge bitches and even white Christian men need to bitch slap a hoe sometimes. Or Jamal will do it for you.

Are you a woman by any chance?

What made you leave Islam?

How can we make others leave it?

>Don't you want your wife to be loyal with a real punishment if shes not, rather than letting her ride BBC and then taking half your shit in divorce?

Read it, its for unmarried adultery. For regular hookups.

Islam is not the most agreeable, lol.

How can we make others leave it?

Learn about the problems of Islam and present it to Muslims from a different perspective. If one is raised to believe cannibalism is normal for example, a different perspective can help.

>its not violent, it clearly says that we wont kill you if you repent

yeah, real merciful...

Is there a rule in the Quran that you have to lie about the things westerners do not want to hear, to convert them or to serve your religion?

Thats misleading rightwing/neonazi nonsense.

Thats referring to taqiyya, something that right wing hategroups push, but its actually not what they think it is.

Taqiyya is basically religious dissimulation, meaning if someone has a sword to your throat and is out hunting Muslims, you can lie and say you aren't Muslim. Thats quite reasonable to me.

Taqiyya isn't lying to get people to convert, etc.

They have their regular intellectual dishonesty for that.

Do you feel like you've managed to move to a healthy way of dealing with sex and relationships?

I ask because I used to hang out with a group of exmuslims, who were about 80% extreme niceguys / trying extremely hard to be chad - and I never really worked out if
a) it was just being unused to and uncertain around girls, or
b) they had strange religiously-based hangups they were unable to overcome.

Congrats on making it btw, stay strong.

I have been quite lucky, yes, but I agree, there are some common issues in exmuslim communities. Things like misogyny still affect many people in many ways, we aren't logical creatures, and hardwiring and indoctrination from childhood can really do a number on rational people.

Two examples would be 1. some exmuslims having a physiological disgust towards pork. 2. some exmuslim women feeling weird taking the hijab off.

> they had strange religiously-based hangups they were unable to overcome.

Like?

Thanks btw