Question Sup Forums. Is trucking still a good job in the U.S.? Or will truckers just be replaced by robots...

Question Sup Forums. Is trucking still a good job in the U.S.? Or will truckers just be replaced by robots? I wanna become one but I'm unsure if it will be viable in the future

Other urls found in this thread:

fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/how-do-i-get-commercial-drivers-license
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trucking is never a good job.
most truckers are obese generally unhealthy and addicted to uppers.
if you badly need money and you have no life or desire to live life, go for it.

Pakis are still less expensive than bot for now

I'd say you've got a good 15-20 years before the majority of trucks are driverless. The tech is developing, but it's still a ways off, as the vehicles will need to be able to maneuver around and operate with human drivers in other vehicles on the road. Again, you've probably got a bout 15-20 years until human drivers are phased out, and that's assuming that real progress is made in this department.

Im in the same ride that you OP, but I want to enter to the banking sector and a career related to that

There is a huge oversupply of prostitutes who are still to be murdered, so it looks to be a great time to get into trucking OP

He looks Afghan

And this?

If you live in Midwest then yes. I make 35/hour driving long haul Ohio to Tennessee. It's a good job tho some moments can be dull.

This. I hope when they introduce automated trucks they add a "prostitute murdering" routine so we don't lose the tradition. Prostitutes not being murdered is a future I don't want to be a part off. How do you have a proper party then? If you never woke up at 7AM balls deep in a dead hooker after doing a lot of PCP and LSD you are wasting your life.

just do it, yes theres a posibility for automation but thats not for atleast a decade and its easy money if you know what your doing. Personally i could never see myself doing it for a career but it was a good way to keep money comming in while I figured out what I wanted to do with my life. Its certainly better than breaking your back in 90 degree warehouse for 10 bucks an hours or getting yelled at by a fatass through drive through because you didnt put enough diabeetus in his mcshit.
Now if you REALLy want something that can lead into a stable career you can look into railroad work as a conductor/engineer. Naturally without any formal training you'll have to spend a year or two as a yard jockie and work your way up the ladder, buts it worth it and theres always school

is traffic ever a bitch or is it mostly smooth sailing?

I think it is. Currently I work in the oilfield. It's cold, dirty, hardwork, long hours and the pay is very good. But as soon as I get my CDL I'm out of there.

I figure since I like driving and I like to travel I could kill 2 birds with1 stone and get paid for it.

I'd give it 100 years
t. Developer

Ive heard theyre increasingly overworked to pinch pennies, and that drivers who buy their own rig are basically slaves to it.

The fact that I see more and more nigs doing it tells me its shit work.

I don't think drivers will be replaced anytime soon. But total electronic monitoring of drivers is right around the corner. Guys won't be able to fudge their logs anymore. That'll cut into their profit, though I'm not sure how much.

I know a guy whose been doing it for 40 years. Pay is alright, he makes like 80k a year. But he's retiring because he claims the monitoring of drivers will kill the job.

So I guess it's not a terrible option, but definitely not the greatest out there.

I work for a niche trucking company and can confirm that ELDs are absultely going to fuck our business next year once the Federal mandate kicks in on 12/18. A lot of that is more a problem for the customers though - basically they’ve grown so accustomed to us fudging the log rules that they’ve been lazy about scheduling thing precisely and/or making the teamsters do their freaking jobs and not 6 hours to unload a trailer.

We’ve actually heard from some new hires that their old companies (larger national carriers) straight told them to illegally run their ELDs in “personal conveyance” mode and just hope they don’t get pulled over/lie to the cops if they do get stopped.

i drove a truck just after high school for about 3 years. loved every minute of it. i don't ever want to do it ever again.

NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THIS?

work in swiss.. 6300F/m

I drove a truck, made 22$ an hour in 2004-2007. 10-20 hours of overtime a week. Paid for sluts. Finished college, now I make 240k a year doing cyber security.

Most of the time. If there's road construction you bet your ass they'll be a backup

if you wanna drive truck make sure you work for construction, it's really different thing

Used to work at a mid-size asset management firm on Wall St. short answer is good fucking luck if you didn’t graduate from a top ivy business school.

Like I say top because we intentionally didn’t recruit from Brown, Princeton, Dartmouth, etc. Only Harvard, Columbia, Penn, and Chicago.

It also helps if you’re Chinese. Seriously at least 60% of the 115 associates were Chinese nationals

Exactly why I'm going for it.

>Filename

True.

Then you don't know much about your own field.

Noob here, how does one go about getting their cdl for trailer trucks? (Dont even have a drivers license yet)

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Admin has a good breakdown:

fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/how-do-i-get-commercial-drivers-license

Too many accidents plus insurance companies will go out of business. It's got to be perfect before release. Plus people are reluctant to change and don't want a "robot" driving their car. It'll be optional but mandatory won't come till way later

What happens if I already aquired experience working in banks of other countries first?

Just get a class A CDL and drive for a private company m8.
Better pay and home every day

There's virtually no incidents by totally autonomous vehicles. The accidents that happened were either
a) caused by a human driver that took control of the autonomous car or
b) totally unavoidable

And companies ain't reluctant to change if it means saving million or billion dollars.

Same shit with McDonalds self-serve kiosks or Walmart shelf scanning robots. There's a strong desire from companies to move to autonomous systems to save money. And self-driving electric trucks are a HUGE money saver.

Seriously, you don't know shit.

Inmigrants tend to become truckers i n usa or canada?

Agreed - even if you can automate the long-haul trucking on a interstate, doing the same for congested city streets will be a logistical nightmare, especially in “older” cities where roads were laid out before there were cars, let alone 53’ trailers. You also have cities with trucking regulations on which roads they can take (NYC) and what times of day they can even be there at all (no trucks inside the Loop in Chicago during morning/evening rush hour times).

Maybe a hybrid automation thing where there’s still a driver in the truck, but 100% automation seems implausible for the foreseeable future.

This is false there have been several accidents caused without human interaction. And again good luck putting an entire work force out of a job and getting insurance companies to not lobby against you. For someone who keeps saying you don't know shit, you seriously do not know shit.
This as well

they will be at some point but we will need to update transportation system to accommodate it en mass. Trucking still pays well for a skill less job that basically requires you not to fall asleep out of boredom

Not talking about Tesla's Level 2 autonomy, which sure crash a fucking lot. Talking about Level 5 cars you dumb twat.

if you have a dedicated route, it's great. usually takes years to get to that point. until then, you live in a tractor and make a buck a mile and change.

I'd say you're wrong.
-not retarded

I guess it would depend on where you worked. If you worked at Barclays in London that would be an easy transition, especially if you work for a company with US offices. If you worked at some random-ass bank in Mozambique then yeah probably not going to be much help.

My point about the schools is that Wall St is all about pedigree for getting your foot in the door. You then have to perform well naturally but it’s all about getting your resume to stand out.

When I put in my notice and my old firm posted the job online, they legit got over 1,100 resumes in 3 weeks. Anyone not from the aforementioned ivy schools were deleted.

Sucks but true.

By the way, here's the stats for Waymo (Google self-driving car project):

Miles driven: 3 000 000
Crashes: 14 (13 human driver at fault 13 times)

GTFO I'm in great shape, but I drive skateboard. Nobody takes uppers these days. Quit watching movies.

By the way, here's the stats for Waymo (Google self-driving car project):

Miles driven: 3 000 000
Crashes: 14 (human driver at fault 13 times)

My god, every area of the bank is like that?

Our firm with only 84 trucks logs over 8 million miles per year. I expect a larger national carrier like Swift or FedEx is probably over 100,000,000 miles per year. So yeah 3mil miles in a 10’ Lon car isn’t that impressive and again is an entirely different logistical problem from a full 80’ long of cab and trailer.

If you want to keep viable, look at flatbed, tanker, etc. Something that no computer can do. It can't tie a load down, back off a street into a gas station at 3 am on dirt with no pavement markings and drunks pulling in and out, and it certainly can't predict the right speed for conditions. No computer will ever have its instinct tell it to slow down or to get off the road cause something bads fixing to go down

Everything to do with actual finance. If you were an admin assistant, HR, IT, etc then no.

Maybe in other countries banks is different than in USA or not?

FWIW it looks like long-distance trucking will be first to be automated, but there will still be a need for a long while for delivery drivers from hubs to stores

That I don’t know sorry all I can speak to is my experience on Wall St.

You're one dumb nigger. Skill less! You're a riot. Climb up in the seat and try it. Then you can run your cock sock.

Honestly, though, a fucking chimp could do it. Did you never see BJ and the Bear?
Truckers will be replaced by computers with the processing power of a 2005 cell phone, and there will be fewer accidents.

I drove 10 years ago (very few ELDs back then, it was a relatively new thing) but my experience was the same as yours, user, and I drove for several carriers.

EVERY driver I met ran illegally and falsified their log books, and almost everything was paper logs then, which made it easier. Also, literally no one (outside of trucking school) did a pre-trip inspection; maybe check to see if your load shifted and reposition your load locks, but that was all.

Yeah, and the number of accidents from overworked cunts sleeping at the wheel or incompetent immigrants from those 100M miles traveled could be reduced to almost nothing.

A self-driving truck is always 100% aware and does not have any blindspot. A human truck driver is always 100% dedicated to fighting his morbid obesity while trying to stay awake with redbull.

Can confirm, the whole industry runs on falsification. Tbf if it didn't it wouldn't run.

>redbull

Are you 19?

Quit watching movies. By that logic, Tom cruise is the best fighter out there. Maybe think before you type next time. Now go back to driving your automatic car playing on your cell phone going down the road. Simple ass boy.

Hey, those fat fuck need the sugar

we don't take uppers anymore we now drink red bull or monster.

Bullshit. I've ran legal for 12 years. On paper and on eld. If you gotta run outlaw, you're working for the wrong outfit.

All's I know is that the car stinky fucks need to stop complaining about how long it takes to load them. No driver, I can't load my frozen product into your trailer that doesn't have a reefer unit running.
Yes, slide your fucking tandmens back please.
When I load you and give you your paperwork GTFO my yard bro, I got more loads going in that door you're blocking.
Stop putting the fucking chocks against your tire ASSHOLE. Leave a space or it'll be a pain to get it out.

Tough job. Always on the road. Sleeping at unfamiliar places. Always eating on the road. Have to drive no matter the weather. So tough on the body bc of all the bad food and driving. And it's probably the loneliest job in the world. If you can handle it go for it.

Our firm has had 3 “accidents” in the last 5 years. 1 was a guy who committed suicide by truck. The other two were where car drivers hit our trucks while they were parked.

The simple fact is if a trucking company gets too many accidents the get the FMCSA up their ass and drivers can actually lose their CDLs so truck drivers are actually some of the safest drivers on the road.

Also you need to drive allot each day bc there are deadlines.

What is an admin admin assistant?

Congrats on being the the exception that proves the rule

The PC term for secretary

It's a stable job, and I doubt robots will be taking over trucking for a very long time, if ever. I've always thought about it, I think just driving such long distances and seeing the country and stopping at cozy little diners would be pretty cool.

>University Technician in Management of Banks and Financial Companies
This is what Im studying, this is my first year
Do I will get fucked?

I work for a major logistics company. It's a boring, lonely job. There is a shortage of truckers in the US however I believe technology will phase out this job.

I'd leave m8
Js

I'm so sure you did a full inspection at every stop m8. ;^)

ncumbrances

Calculate the financial income and costs associated with bank loan operations. Advise clients of financial companies on the behavior of the financial market. Carry out studies and expose the profitability and financial cost of the banking activity, by products and by services. Pay attention to the trading of shares, bonds public and private bonds in financial companiesColaborate and execute audit programs in financial companiesColaborate in the preparation, design, evaluation, control and exposure of the positions of the financial management of Insurance Companies and Administrators of Retirement and Pension Funds.

This is a google translation of what i can do with my career..
I will not go to try to find a job in USA but maybe in other developed country after I geg some experience here where I live, dont whorry Im white kek

I wonder if we can do automated trains too.

>I'd leave m8
Do you think that I have to change my career and become a plumber or learn a trade?
>Js
What this mean?

That sounds on point but like I said I have no idea how financial firms in other countries operate and if it’s as restrictive as the USA. Sorry just outside my experience

No real truck drivers present.
This would have irked any real drivers.

Oh yea.... and I'm keeping your load locks.

Hey OP you still ITT? If so, where you at m8 I got a job that requires 0 experience where you can easily make 700/week.

Never said I was a driver I work in Dispatch

>That sounds on point
Really ? Does it sound good for you?
Maybe in my country it is easy to find a job in a bnk because there are a lot kf vacancies and the financial sector is expanding, but you talm about USA and WALL fucki g Street, it maybe is the most competitive place in the engire world..i will try to find luck in Australia in the future maybe

You check all the big stuff daily, nit pick it once a week. Not flying an airplane. You check the things that keep people safe and get rolling before traffic hits.

My dad is a contractor and he loves the trade, has his own truck so he sets his rates. Only operates in within his own state.

If you're willing to work to maintain your own vehicle instead of working for a company you make good money

Oh it pissed me off a little, but I don't run reefer no more. Was getting fat. All skateboard now.

Cool

I also plan on becoming a trucker next year but I have no desire to murder prostitutes

Hey OP.

I work in retail supply chain for one of the top ten suppliers of the largest retailer in the world. There is never enough good drivers or equipment.